Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15837906 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mind the guidelines please. :3
« Reply #3930 on: January 13, 2010, 09:13:13 am »

I just found out about Improv Everywhere
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: January 13, 2010, 12:42:29 pm »

I am happy that I finally just finished off that massive Text Game post, it is a piece of trash though, looking at it.
You doing that makes me happy to!
Also, The stuff in Do Not Trust The Rainbow Snail makes me happy for similar reasons.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: January 13, 2010, 04:06:07 pm »

Lately I can't bring myself to play overly violent games, I can't attack even fictional characters unless I can justify it. I can't hold my hands in fists or even hold weapons for too long unless I'm using them as a tool.

I've somehow become a pacifist to the point that violence repulses me, and I feel better for it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: January 13, 2010, 04:11:38 pm »

Going to sleep and waking up at a normal time for once. It's so rare that it's almost like a new experience for me.

Edit: Also, I had the best dream ever. There were kittens everywhere!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:30:29 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: January 13, 2010, 04:49:08 pm »

Lately I can't bring myself to play overly violent games, I can't attack even fictional characters unless I can justify it. I can't hold my hands in fists or even hold weapons for too long unless I'm using them as a tool.

I've somehow become a pacifist to the point that violence repulses me, and I feel better for it.
O_o
I'm not sure if that makes me happy or sad... It's odd either way.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: January 13, 2010, 05:20:35 pm »

You are a great human being.

Crazy, sure, but it still counts.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3936 on: January 13, 2010, 05:26:43 pm »

Going to sleep and waking up at a normal time for once. It's so rare that it's almost like a new experience for me.

Edit: Also, I had the best dream ever. There were kittens everywhere!
Same here; but I'm making sure I revert my circadian rhythm again. I noticed that I'm in a better mood all day (even in times of anger, if any) when I don't miss out on a morning (despite being a night owl).

As for dreaming; I think I spent too much time playing some games I have. I mean, I almost had a Max Payne style dream mixed with Minecraft elements, with a mission structure like Delta Force, with some Unreal Tournament music playing.

Considering how my mind works, I think LSD might make me normal, and that would freak me out.

Oh, speaking of Minecraft, I also managed to make 2 Starcon ships (Yehat Terminator and VUX Intruder; VUX by request of Janet, added to it, limpet pods from the VUX attacking the Yehat) before the server cut out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:35:03 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: January 13, 2010, 05:35:01 pm »

I made a room with walls, floor, and a moveable player in GameMaker with 1 object and without editing a room or using a sprite! ;D

florian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: January 13, 2010, 06:10:17 pm »

I was just playing Plants vs. Zombies and I asked myself "why am I killing those zombies? I mean sure, they are pure evil, but they do want to live (and perhaps they can suffer)." It's weird.

A girl once asked me why I didn't just talk to the zombies—lately I think that this is a good idea.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: January 13, 2010, 06:17:50 pm »

Weird isn't it?  I've found myself thinking this from time to time.  I've always been a tanker in strategy games, but lately it's become more than just a sedentary playing style, but an elaborate narrative about how if it's a set matter that I have to prosecute this war, I'm going to do it in the safest way possible.  When I'm playing Freedom Fighters I try to sneak my way through areas (not that Freedom Fighters makes that really possible), and I do feel kind of bad about shooting all these guys.  Mount & Blade makes me wonder how I haven't depopulated the kingdom yet.

Every soldier has a mother after all.  Thank goodness for monster-killing games like Quake 2.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3940 on: January 13, 2010, 06:24:42 pm »

Weird isn't it?  I've found myself thinking this from time to time.  I've always been a tanker in strategy games, but lately it's become more than just a sedentary playing style, but an elaborate narrative about how if it's a set matter that I have to prosecute this war, I'm going to do it in the safest way possible.  When I'm playing Freedom Fighters I try to sneak my way through areas (not that Freedom Fighters makes that really possible), and I do feel kind of bad about shooting all these guys.  Mount & Blade makes me wonder how I haven't depopulated the kingdom yet.

Every soldier has a mother after all.  Thank goodness for monster-killing games like Quake 2.
Kinda the complete opposite I felt when I decided to see what beating Max Payne on the hardest difficulty would do; but I found some cheats that allow me all weapons with infinite ammo. I just Molotov'd everyone I came across except for the key characters to progress the levels, until the time of betrayal. All this in god mode as well. Also the early levels. Mmm, rat barbecue.

Can't say those shmucks didn't have it coming. Especially late in the game. Although now that you consider it; there was a conversation amongst a couple of my targets that was a punch-clock villain working for the boss of the game, talking about how he has a family to return to and all (of course, killing him is unavoidable), I wanted to avoid hitting him with a molotov, but  that's what you get for working with the bad guy. Innocent or not, you're getting fried by the hero.

Oddly reminds me of Brock Sampson right now, to a degree.

Oh right, for a good portion of the beginning of the game, I played "Captain Baseball Bat Boy" and beat the ever-loving crap out of most of my targets with a baseball bat.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:33:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:42 pm »

I made a room with walls, floor, and a moveable player in GameMaker with 1 object and without editing a room or using a sprite! ;D
Uh... if there's no sprite, you can't see it, right?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:50 pm »

I have that problem. I was playing the Company of Heroes demo and I was playing more defensive and trying to avoid conflict as much as possible. This play style was brutally knocked out of me when I had literally one minute to capture a point or lose all my tickets and lose the game and those BASTARDS had the terror doctrine and could make anyone remotely near the point run back to base and after that I felt totally justified in actively wiping out all units on the map before I destroy their last building.

Fun times, actually.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: January 13, 2010, 06:42:44 pm »

For that matter, as far as my understanding of Game Maker goes it won't have any collision box either, nor will you be able to give it one. So you won't be able to see it, or touch it.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: January 13, 2010, 06:44:17 pm »

For that matter, as far as my understanding of Game Maker goes it won't have any collision box either, nor will you be able to give it one. So you won't be able to see it, or touch it.
I meant in the internal resources. I had it loaded externally. ;)
Also, I just rigged the code so you couldn't go past the edge AKA where the walls were drawn.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 13326