Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15843872 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mind the guidelines please. :3
« Reply #3825 on: January 09, 2010, 11:06:27 am »

YAY! Everything with the bank and Valve went through. I checked my balance and my money is back, plus my most recent deposit.

I have money again!!!! ;D

And it's close to snowing down here. Unfortunately it's not as good as light snow, but it's worse than rain. We have sleet.

However, watching the news today, it was pretty funny. "Tourists have come down to Florida expecting sunny skies, only to be welcomed with unexpected sleet.". That has to suck for them, but it sounded funny nonetheless. It's about 33 degrees down here, and the lows will be just below that for the weekend. Fun. YAY black ice; driving is many times more fun now (especially for those long distance ones).

Add to it, I might have to work tonight. More hours, and skill building for these weather conditions. If I do have to work, it's gonna be slower than molasses.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:10:20 am by Itnetlolor »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: January 09, 2010, 07:52:59 pm »

I just narrowly evaded some intense stomach pain.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3827 on: January 09, 2010, 08:10:59 pm »

I'm aware of how horrible, and somewhat terrifying (especially if you're driving) and potentially dangerous it may be, but...

It's pretty much a 20th anniversary that it has last snowed down here. Maybe a month late but, ah, memories. Let's hope it's actually snow, instead of sleet.

Funny enough, I believe my nephew is around the same age that I first enjoyed the snow down here when it last happened. Interesting how things like that work out.

I just hope now that the power company can keep up with the local demands, and the water doesn't freeze in the pipes. Those are my main worries.

All weekend it looks like it'll be happening.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: January 09, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »

I saw a lot of stars. Is it just me,
 or are the stars much more visible than normal in NYC?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: January 09, 2010, 10:53:07 pm »

... what?

Gazing up at the sky from New Jersey will only net you a black void thanks to NYC. How the heck did you see even a single star?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: January 09, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »

... what?

Gazing up at the sky from New Jersey will only net you a black void thanks to NYC. How the heck did you see even a single star?
That's why it's wonderful
Today and yesterday I've been able to see tens of stars clearly.
I don't know if it's the weather or increasing air quality, but it's amazing.
I Don't recall ever seeing so many stars and actually noticing them in my life.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: January 09, 2010, 11:08:14 pm »

I can see probably 100-200 stars during the night.

That is, on ideal days.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: January 09, 2010, 11:10:35 pm »

I'm sky-spoiled. Bein' a country boy, I get my own little observatory connected to my room to gaze at everything.

I found a huge-as-texas snowdrift in my yard today. It was like, 4 feet deep, and came out by 6 or 7 feet out from the hill for about 8 feet before tapering down to the hill it was up against. I dug a sweet set of tunnels, then got out my heaty-bucket (it is the standard metal bucket with a heater on the bottom) and iced the walls of it for more sturdiness. I'm considering whether or not to dig into the hill tomorrow, and have a for real fortress.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: January 09, 2010, 11:15:38 pm »

I'm considering whether or not to dig into the hill tomorrow, and have a for real fortress.

I'd recommend against it, as if you don't know what your doing your going to get buried under a few feet of snow.

Its not as fun as it sounds.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: January 09, 2010, 11:17:59 pm »

I'm considering whether or not to dig into the hill tomorrow, and have a for real fortress.

I'd recommend against it, as if you don't know what your doing your going to get buried under a few feet of snow.

And I recommend the opposite. Worst case scenario you die in the most dwarven way possible; crushed by the earth itself. Best case scenario you have an awesome system of tunnels that you'll remember the fun you had building the rest of your life.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: January 09, 2010, 11:28:28 pm »

Best case scenario you have an awesome system of tunnels that you'll remember the fun you had building the rest of your life.

Which will be as long as you can hold your breath, trapped underground most likely under a pile of rubble.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: January 09, 2010, 11:36:08 pm »

It IS as fun as it sounds. I did into mountains of snow all the time. Never had a collapse. Just reinforce the walls with ice. Get some water and spray it around the walls, We're in the process of making a giant igloo about 3 feet wide right now in the middle of a cul-de-sac.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: January 09, 2010, 11:42:16 pm »

I'm just saying.

I still have bad memory's from that one time.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: January 09, 2010, 11:43:35 pm »

That is what I've been doing! Once I have the tunnel, I take the snow I dug out and pack it into the walls as tight as I can, while still maintaining a minimum diameter. Then I ice-ify the walls thoroughly. Earlier today my friend got some water based paints and made some "totally sweet cave drawings" at the entrance, which was fun to look at.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: January 09, 2010, 11:46:04 pm »

I'm just saying.

I still have bad memory's from that one time.
Well I'm happy that you have Serenity as your Avatar.
And that I have a Captain Reynolds in my german class.

That is what I've been doing! Once I have the tunnel, I take the snow I dug out and pack it into the walls as tight as I can, while still maintaining a minimum diameter. Then I ice-ify the walls thoroughly. Earlier today my friend got some water based paints and made some "totally sweet cave drawings" at the entrance, which was fun to look at.
How big is this hill and where do you live?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 13326