Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15843921 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mind the guidelines please. :3
« Reply #3810 on: January 07, 2010, 05:57:11 pm »

Wheat thins Flatbread are my new favorite cracker. They are tasty, not particularly bad for me, and take the edge off at work.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: January 07, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »

I just found out I didn't fail precal, I actually somehow did better in it than trig. Hell yes!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3812 on: January 08, 2010, 04:12:56 am »

If anybody didn't get the update in the sad thread. I managed to find out where things went to crap in my bank account, and I have just sent a message to Steam Support about it. I'm hoping they respond well, or at least respond at all (I don't exactly have a good reputation in getting responses from anyone/businesses).

To further things, I've provided proper evidence (and plenty of it), and a good explanation of how I found out and everything; which I'll provide to my bank as well to seal the deal if everything works correctly as planned.

I'm going to get everything gathered for tomorrow when I visit the bank while it's open to sort things out with them. Wish me luck on that.

To help deal with how late it is and the bummer earlier, Cheech and Chong's 'Still Smoking' was on while I was getting everything sorted out. Freaking hilarious.

Goodnight everyone, and thanks for the support.

UPDATE:
1PM, and still no response from them in any form. Didn't expect a response overnight, but still, if they wait until my bank is closed for the day to give me a response, I'll be pissed off.

I'm going to wake myself up a little more, and get my remaining documents setup and printed before I head out today.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:08:54 pm by Itnetlolor »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #3813 on: January 08, 2010, 05:01:46 am »

I've always wanted to find a way to keep track of my gaming acheivements, and now I can... It makes me very happy.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: January 08, 2010, 12:11:51 pm »

This is my 7500th post.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3815 on: January 08, 2010, 03:12:07 pm »

My sister has finally finished crafting a masterpiece.

+«☼Human Child☼»+

I don't have any more information than that right now, but it's been delivered at this very moment.

Now, before the bank closes, I'm heading out. Again, wish me luck.

UPDATE:
Turns out I have another niece now.

As for the bank issue; everything has been sorted out, and within 1-2 business days, I should be reimbursed and have a new card as well (2 birds with 1 stone). They were very understanding and helpful; and I think I hard some expressions of surprise when I told (over the phone) about the evidence I gathered to help my case. The representative was also rather amazed at how much work I put into figuring the issue out; as well as how quickly I figured it out.

If my account would possibly get further abused, jokes on them, it's closed. }:)

SUB-NOTE:
Apparently, the profiles of the mystery purchases were debit charges, instead of credit, as it normally would be. According to my logic, that means someone within the Valve company decided it would be a good idea to commit fraud using my account. Bad idea. Also to note, I make bulk, or truly opportune, purchases. There were scattered, and individualized. The profiles don't match.

EDIT:
According to what I was told today, along with checking my phone's history: I received that text 13 hours after it was initially sent. Thanks alot service. Then again, my workplace and my room are major dead-zones (apparently lots of EM interference, as well as living in the bottom floor of the house).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:55:19 pm by Itnetlolor »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: January 08, 2010, 04:29:33 pm »

Oh, I remember something that made me happy today.

I was in school, and was bored, so decided to have a look at Google China to see if I could find any examples of censorship (as you do).  Turns out my school has BLOCKED GOOGLE CHINA.

I tried a load of other google domains from the wikipedia list, but the only other one that seemed to be blocked was google.jp.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 09, 2010, 02:47:50 am »

Ugh... Super late but I havent had any time. Happy birthday worky. Hope it was fun?

Anyway I've been pretty busy, and havent bothered explaining why. So while I got some time due to insomnia I thought I'd explain.

First off I' not under house arrest or under Milly's custody anymore. I'm officially my own person now. Also I've been moved off my antidepressants to some very mild tranquilizers to help against my slightly frequent panic attacks. This has all been working out so much better than it used to, I can keep my head on straight better than ever.

Because of that, I'm able to do stuff on my own again. So I've been volunteering at Chrissie's school and helping out around the computer labs, the cafeteria, and the nurses office. It takes a lot out of me but I feel nice for helping out given how understaffed the place is. And I get to see her at school which helps her out too. Also I've been having to help her with homework AND she's been helping me get the hang of math again. Serious. I am clueless when it comes to math so getting some help is a really good thing for me.

And of course we've all been spending a lot more time together. Just hanging out and sometimes going places. So it's been nice, but I still miss this place sometimes and wonder what's been going on.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: January 09, 2010, 04:02:44 am »

First off I' not under house arrest or under Milly's custody anymore. I'm officially my own person now.

I can only hope this is a euphemism for your concussion.  Which begs the even more worrying question of why you were taking anti-depressants with a head injury.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: January 09, 2010, 04:20:59 am »

Well I stopped till I got a checkup after the effects of the concussion. So no, I wasn't. Really though, I WAS stuck in the house unless Milly followed me.

And another thing I remember now. I can Beat Contra Hard Corps. I might get some practice in this summer to get my skills back and then stream it.

Anyway time to sleep for me now. Tomorrow looks like it might be the busiest day of the year.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: January 09, 2010, 04:30:14 am »

I can Beat Contra Hard Corps.

With save-states I assume.  Because otherwise I'm going to have to call bullcrap.

Man, I remember one time I sat down and saw every single ending in one sitting.  Shaved it down to 35 minutes a run.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: January 09, 2010, 04:32:59 am »

Went to dubai to meat my sister, and ended up getting some stuff I forgot here last time. Also, got Starcraft, Warcraft III and Majesty with their expansions at a cheap price. I wish I could get X-COM, but Steam doesn't offer it here. At least the Let's plays look fun.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 09, 2010, 04:37:36 am »

I think... I could beat Two of the paths normally, the one that ended with the "Big Magnum" and the one that ended with General Bahumut Mutating. I couldn't ever reach the bosses in the other paths... <.>

Okay, okay. Now I really need to actually go to sleep. XD

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: January 09, 2010, 08:17:24 am »

Did Janet get computer access again?

A shame I'll be away for the weekend with no computer access. For something I was never interested in going to. I'll likely like it in the end as that is the general trend for these kind of events, but what makes this different is that I have no information on it whatsoever. You know other than a my fathers constant explaining of "It's here during these days, but I won't tell you times. It'll be good for you. You'll get out of the house."
 That is all I know of it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Foehamster

• Bay Watcher
  • Zig Frostrushes The Speachless Eater of Saints
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: January 09, 2010, 10:09:17 am »

I had a dream where the 'new' DF version was out and Toady One bought radio ads to advertise.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 13326