Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844777 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mind the guidelines please. :3
« Reply #3780 on: January 06, 2010, 10:47:50 pm »

hmm. How d'ja play melee online? ...I remember playing with some customized games back in '01 but dont remember any network play in those.

I fear MP xcom, it seems a good way to lose some elitist notions I'm quite fond of... being a tactical genius for one. ;)
I play using The Ur-Quan masters. The freeware re-release of the game. It has an online function. We'll need either of each other's IP addresses to play though. So, online the hard way. But it works, and is fun.

Well, you'll love one game I usually play with UFO2000. Zombies. And there are custom skins made for that style as well too; considering the game allows custom content.

How it would go is: One team is a crack team of 4-6 zombie hunters hired by the military (Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant, and Rookie (additional numbers yield more meatshield rookies)); but there are a couple factors to consider:
-These zombies also use tactics. They're actually smart and fast (player controlled). Yet they're still primal (last resort is always charge; regardless danger. Doors are meaningless.)
-They have a vicious strike (Combat knife armed, up to 30 damage I think. Strongest melee weapon)
-They don't need doors (a great tactic to use)
-There's a bunch of these f***ers. (up to 16 or 24; whatever the maximum amount is)
-The government wants to recycle these buildings/ruins for tactical reasons against zombie hordes. Nothing greater in power than a standard-issue grenade.
-If battling in daytime, 1-turn head start for zombie team to get in position. If later than twilight, then both teams go at the same time.
-Zombies have minimized stats except for health, stamina, and TUs.
-If playing as Military forces (also skins available for), higher rank = greater firepower allowed (IE- Rookies are pistol users, compared to the Sniper Captain or Machine Gun Lieutenant).
-Furthermore, in UFO2000, you can choose where to aim (shift-LMB, I think); head shots are possible.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:09:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: January 07, 2010, 12:12:07 am »

A (angry) young man stands (more like restrained) in his bedroom. It just so happens that today, the 7th of January, is this (angry) young man's birthday. Though it was Twenty three years ago he was given life, it is only today he will be given a name! (and a tranquilizer)

What will the name of this (angry) young man be?

>

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: January 07, 2010, 12:18:05 am »

Zoosmell Poopstink.

But yeah, happy Birthday man. I hope you can form sheets into a rope ladder and do cartwheels in the yard. Then burst your stitching and have to use your organs to climb back up into your room so nobody notices.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: January 07, 2010, 12:20:33 am »

Happy because I got a job at a fast-food place I really like, and the manager pretty much lets us choose our own hours, providing that we close once in a while.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: January 07, 2010, 12:27:29 am »

Zoosmell Poopstink.

But yeah, happy Birthday man. I hope you can form sheets into a rope ladder and do cartwheels in the yard. Then burst your stitching and have to use your organs to climb back up into your room so nobody notices.

TRY AGAIN SMARTASS

>

Provided the missus doesn't notice me climbing out the window I might even make it to the truck before darts (and cake) fly at me.

Jesus Christ, am I really going to be Twenty three tomorrow?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: January 07, 2010, 12:31:45 am »

You don't start freaking out about age 'till 25.

Your last chance for freakout was 20.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: January 07, 2010, 12:45:02 am »

But anyway, yeah fuckers, cheers.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: January 07, 2010, 01:13:53 am »

Happy birthday, you angry man.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: January 07, 2010, 01:38:11 am »

Congratulations on another successful trip around the sun, WD.

Things that made me happy today : Not working, uncommonly warm winter days, stirfry, Metal Gear Solid 2, beer, the massive proportions this thread has grown to (indicating good times all around).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3789 on: January 07, 2010, 02:02:40 am »

You don't start freaking out about age 'till 25.

Your last chance for freakout was 20.
Bah, if you experience enough bullcrap over the course of your life; age would no longer be a worry. I mean, I'm going to hit that mark in about month from now and I have some unfulfilled goals and such and... Meh. Like my new years resolution (aimed for the remainder of my life, until I start a family. Whenever that would be.): Like I give a crap about it. I don't expect much anyway; plus on the bright side, expecting little prevents me from disappointment.

Then again, being callous to experience (from experience; oddly enough to say) and such in recent days maybe makes me very careless, and tolerant about my future (finances, relationships, possessions). I dunno, I think I'm actually immune to any "age"-crisis I could possibly be hit with. Plus, I'm focusing on aging past the century mark. In other words, if I'm going to hit a midlife crisis in the future, I want it to be freaking late.

Happy birthday WD. Too bad about the anticlimactic birthday.

EDIT:
I guess my advice is; live like an immortal, and don't give a shit about time. If it passes, it passes. Sometimes quick, other times slow. Startling at first when you begin to notice those times; aggravating when you can predict them. Fun if you can make a drinking game of it.

I guess an appropriate freak out point would be when you can actually watch your nieces and nephews grow up, and can compare your experiences with them (even worse when you lack a brood of your own). Now that gets a little unnerving at times.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:16:09 am by Itnetlolor »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: January 07, 2010, 02:05:38 am »

Happy Birthday, WD. Your birthday happens to be a day before my sister's. :o
Also, I am pleased with making an odd game that involves fighter jets that were once a pikmin, jittering, multi-colored shuriken that are fired from said jet, and Link who is trying to sleep who's trying to destroy the raving shuriken by firing giant fancy Zs at them. :)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: January 07, 2010, 02:52:21 am »

WorkerDrones birthday means he has a lot of years left to live.

Im suprised people dont get perfect from living so ridiculously long...

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #3792 on: January 07, 2010, 02:58:54 am »

I wondered that myself for a while. Then I realized that those people who aren't perfect to begin with gradually perfect (verb form) the art of being horrible.

At any rate, here's to WorkerDrone! May he bless us with our own continued existence and the good fortune to keep our teeth in our heads!
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3793 on: January 07, 2010, 03:16:46 am »

I wondered that myself for a while. Then I realized that those people who aren't perfect to begin with gradually perfect (verb form) the art of being horrible.
It's even easier to those who were unfortunate enough to get hit with such perfected strikes more consistently; especially as good servants/people in general.

Personally, I rank a person that was good turning into a monster far worse than a monster that was one to begin with. Have fun trying to redeem that person. They've lost faith to the point of avenging themselves being walked all over, and become greater dicks than those who abused them in the first place. Beware the Nice Ones, indeed. Adding factor to make it even worse; honesty. Now they know how to lie (by experience of losing trust, and learning what to look out for), and hide it as well (buillshit detectors if really good), or use a prior reputation to their advantage (some help from those who still believe the honest guy is still honest); or just brutalize someone with strategically placed honest statements (very much like the Devil does). You guessed it, Beware the Honest Ones, they could easily turn into Magnificent Bastards.

Having been close to that event horizon a couple times, being driven to the edge by high concentrations of annoying people and God giving me the finger sometimes; it's a horrifying sight. It's like what Luke saw in Empire Strikes Back when he was training on Endor, and dueled against his dark side. If you lack control over it, it's High Octane Nightmare Fuel; especially to the one who ends up suffering that fate, by choice (IE- giving up on life, especially the good personality they once had.). In an ironic twist, it can be a decent form of therapy to get rid of any repression in a heartbeat; provided you can revert back to good, and use it as a confidence resource. Unfortunately, it must be experienced before it can be harnessed. Like mace, or a tazer.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:29:04 am by Itnetlolor »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: January 07, 2010, 03:29:06 am »

I was talking about becoming perfect as in... you know... without flaws.

But thats interesting too! :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:41:03 am by cowofdoom78963 »
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 13326