Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845999 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mind the guidelines please. :3
« Reply #3720 on: January 03, 2010, 09:53:19 pm »

There's a diagaia anime?! The prinnies are the only characters capable of saying the same thing so many times and still remain funny.

Where ya been dood, it's been out for years.

Returning to the Bay12 forums after a long period of inactivity.

Also Disgaea anima. Prinny squad ftw

Welcome back.
Oh man, I want to watch that show after When The Cicadas Cry, it has so much awesome.

I'm happy.
Spent six hours today playing Phantom Brave; Six hours playing with only short breaks. This game is so great, It even has prinnies.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: January 03, 2010, 09:55:48 pm »

Finally beat Max Payne 1. Kinda wish I was able to beat it the first time while I still had it for the XBOX. That second dream scenario... grr. That, with a messed up controller was hell.

After playing through the rest of the game from there; I probably would've been able to beat it. But back then I probably didn't abuse the quicksave function as much. But for the last parts, the finale, and harder difficulties, it's necessary.

Fortunately I already beat Max Payne 2, so I already have the series beat. So far, provided a 3rd episode is made.

Oh LOtR: Return of the King is on as well.

I just got through the second dream sequence.  The crazy blood walkway was rough, since the slowmo made his movement really jerky.  Then I accidentally quicksaved while falling.  I'm so glad it autosaves at the beginning of chapters, or that would've been game over, since I hadn't done any real saves.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: January 04, 2010, 08:35:05 am »

Where ya been dood, it's been out for years.
so? there are lots of things that have been out for years I've never heard of. (I actually did see a preview for it in disgaia 2, but never heard anything about it, so I assumed it must not have made it out of japan)

I'm happy.
Spent six hours today playing Phantom Brave; Six hours playing with only short breaks. This game is so great, It even has prinnies.
Agreed, one of the greatest games of all  time. It's also the only game I've ever played in which a bonus boss goes level grinding before challenging you again...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: January 04, 2010, 08:43:37 am »

Just finished typing up my college acceptance essay. I now have less crap to deal with.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: January 04, 2010, 09:22:36 am »

The ending to Portal made me happy.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #3725 on: January 04, 2010, 09:29:18 am »

a quiet office (just 3 people instead of the usual 10/11 + visitors) makes me happy ;)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: January 04, 2010, 09:31:56 am »

Being back in college makes me happy.

What the heck did you do to your avatar CoD?

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: January 04, 2010, 09:36:09 am »

..Welcome back...

Thanks dude =D

Ok, dads gone out and I have the laptop in front of me and about 1 and a half hours to waste on a game. but I can't decide. List of games on laptop:
Pharaoh
Black & White
The Movies
UFO 1,2 and 3

I'm also considering Loading homeworld 2. any ideas?

Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: January 04, 2010, 10:48:43 am »

Got all my college stuff almost done, just need to make sure that my official stuff gets sent and start hoping for the best.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: January 04, 2010, 12:56:13 pm »

2 hour lunch. Horay!

What the heck did you do to your avatar CoD?
I was bored and drew on it.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: January 05, 2010, 01:05:30 am »

Got Fallout 3 and all 5 expansions for it; took like 5 hours, but finally got it running on my computer.

Also, got a 320 gig external hard drive for New Years.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: January 05, 2010, 01:45:02 am »

Blizzard is happening!

Possible day off!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3732 on: January 05, 2010, 03:55:14 am »

Just went back to some time ago, and decided to model an old design I made ages past in Minecraft (uploaded some pics into the thread and some info on it, and some of the concept).

I forgot, I used to make some really cool things, and the concepts, and engineering, and the sheer amount of thought I put behind my designs. And I have tons of them. 50 at minimum, if I recall correctly. Weapons, crafts, ships, locations... You name it, I had an idea for it. I was in a fey mood for a better part of a decade (since '98 if I recall correctly), and was churning out ideas like mad; no time to write details, I just look at a past sketch, and it all rushes back, like Hollywood-amnesia recovery. Of course, things started getting a bit repetitive and dull as time passed, so my mind took one hell of a hiatus for the past couple years.

The crap I came up with definitely would've made for some cool stuff to put into some games, provided I could find anyone who could understand my ideas, and if I knew a thing or two about programming/making a game. In fact, it was a reason I was interested in game design to begin with (until I was proven lax in some necessary skills to actually accomplish it; at least I have the design and idea part down; along with some credentials to back it up).

The short story of at least one of the ideas is this: Ships that dogfight like a sword duel. Literally. Ranged combat is a no-no. Now, design ships based around this concept.

C'mon, I say to myself, reminding me of my creative potential, admit it. You definitely had some awesome ideas in that noggin one time or another. Hearing myself tell me that, made me happy. I think my idea generator is waking up again. I need more inspiration.

For some odd reason, I think the game sale helped. I mean, I noticed that I got a bunch of games that immerses the player into them. Considering that factor; that's probably what made my ideas so awesome. I put myself into the reality of the situation, and design a 'realistic' solution to the problem, based within said reality's laws. Like the case I previously stated (swordfighting air/spacecraft); if that was the primary focus, how would you design around that? Inspiration: Melee handheld weapons scaled to be a flyable craft.

EDIT:
I heard from a fellow Minecrafter that everyone liked my work. Lots of compliments. :)

I might actually make the effort and look for my past work (and mean it), and maybe post some of them up. I just lacked the courage/motivation to do so. Maybe some of my work can inspire someone.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:20:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: January 05, 2010, 06:39:34 am »

My wireless is back on! Yay and stuff!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: January 05, 2010, 03:05:05 pm »

My wireless is back on! Yay and stuff!
This, my net went down just as I was about to send my application in. Apparently, there is a country wide maintenece.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 13326