Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15855288 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mind the guidelines please. :3
« Reply #3420 on: December 24, 2009, 09:47:59 pm »

Hah, this made me laugh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WARNING:  CONTAINS RUMPS

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: December 24, 2009, 10:29:00 pm »

Why am I essentially if not particularly happy right now?  Because I am alive with an undamaged car, despite the best efforts of Old Man Winter and DFW's unique brand of retards to the contrary.

Anyone who claims otherwise is a filthy liar.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: December 25, 2009, 12:46:45 am »

Merry Christmas everybody!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: December 25, 2009, 01:58:53 am »

My sister got accepted to the University of Oregon. She has been through hard times lately, plus that means I get to go with her if I get accepted.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: December 25, 2009, 02:31:56 am »

My sister got accepted to the University of Oregon. She has been through hard times lately, plus that means I get to go with her if I get accepted.

And you'd be within driving distance of DF meetups.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: December 25, 2009, 02:38:00 am »

Alright you fucking beautiful sons of a bitches.

I'm so high on pain medication I can barely type coherently, I'm stuck in a hospital on Christmas Eve, my girlfriend gave me a laptop filled to the brim with games from friends, and I can't feel my fingers.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Merry Christmas. You have, I guess, melted my otherwise cold, anger gripped heart.

Now someone try and get me some eggnog.

Hey you.  MERRY CHRISTMAS.

LET'S START A BANDWAGON.   MERRY CHRISTMAS.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: December 25, 2009, 02:38:44 am »

I just started reading john dies at the end again.

I love it.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: December 25, 2009, 03:31:21 am »

Finding out that the Avatar game lets you take the side of the humans.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: December 25, 2009, 03:46:09 am »

I got a lambretta:

Watch, Badge (Is now on my beret I AM CITIZEN SMITH!) Awesomw-sauce parka with a "The who" symbol on the back, a plasma-Orb and a Book entitled "Chuck norris Vs Mr. T"

Awwwwwwww Yeaaaaaaaah

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: December 25, 2009, 09:47:19 am »

I'm happy Worker is helthy, that he has enjoyed cristmas despite evrything, and that Sofia is happy!

I'm happy because of all the awesome peaple on these forums.

In before Armok.

*HUGS*
*HUGS!* ^_^
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zinc

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything looks better with a tophat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: December 25, 2009, 10:42:25 am »

What has made me happy today? Well, my new laptop, of course. Jet black. Awesome specs. Hopefully it will run Dwarf Fortress smoothly.

Oh and I rescued a kitten. I'm thinking of uploading a picture If anyone is interested

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: December 25, 2009, 11:26:18 am »

My new laptop has been making me happy every day since Tuesday. It's an 18.4 inch widescreen. The thing weighs a ton, but damn it's worth it. I haven't seen another laptop with a number pad. Roguelikes are easier to play with those. And it has this unnecessary fingerprint scanner that I can use to log in instead of going through the trouble of typing the ten or so letters in my password.

Also, Bob Dylan and Lily Allen have been making me happy since Tuesday as well, with Meat Loaf making me happy today. All in all, it's been a great Christmas so far, and because of my huge family I still have a couple more Christmas parties to go to. I'm expecting some Elton John soon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: December 25, 2009, 11:58:32 am »

Reading through Knight Quest and Dive quest.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: December 25, 2009, 12:42:50 pm »

I got the ultimate hitchhikers guide to the galaxy!

My new laptop has been making me happy every day since Tuesday. It's an 18.4 inch widescreen. The thing weighs a ton, but damn it's worth it. I haven't seen another laptop with a number pad. Roguelikes are easier to play with those. And it has this unnecessary fingerprint scanner that I can use to log in instead of going through the trouble of typing the ten or so letters in my password.
Wow, mine's 15 inch or so(can't remember exactly) and has a numpad, but I've never seen a laptop with a fingerprint scanner.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3434 on: December 25, 2009, 01:52:29 pm »

Now just about everyone in my house has a computer (netbooks and laptops more like). One of my sisters got another netbook.

GOOD: Privacy, and no more borrowing my machine for random crap. (mostly Facebooking and such). Possibility for network gaming (provided enough can be played on network, and I gather enough interest). I have a little more influence over introducing DF to them.
BAD: Bandwidth may be chewed on by more computers (probably going to interfere with any future broadcasts); setting up a network between machines may reduce privacy (unless it works how I think it would); I'm the resident administrator that makes sure everything, and everyone's machines are working properly, as well as internet connection and such.

I might actually need a network maintainence program, other than what comes with the cable modem/wifi. I might be able to find some stuff to keep track of everyone on the network. I still have to install a buttload more stuff to make sure their machines are plenty secure (Spybot and such).

I got some gifts too, aside additional privacy with my machine. I got a camera (pictures and video), so that's pretty cool. I also got a nice game collection (dominoes, dice, and cards), some cotton candy and beef jerky, and a box of LEGO (big 405-piece one). Added to that, I have my car back (Mostly my ownership again), and the radio is getting replaced in due time; add to that, I might go computer parts shopping (better if I do it online), and find an upgrade for my machine (within gifter's price range).

Overall, not bad. Not many gifts, but then again, I'm ridiculously hard to shop for anyway. So, quality > quantity, in my case.

My nephew also got some awesome things, especially a Nintendo Wii with several games. So, he won't be bugging me too much about playing games on my machine as much.

So, How was everyone elses' Christmas?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:55:42 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 13326