Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13297 13298 [13299] 13300 13301 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15910939 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199470 on: January 02, 2024, 10:34:22 am »

birth
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199471 on: January 02, 2024, 10:54:34 am »

Says the firefox avatar.  Happy Birth
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199472 on: January 02, 2024, 11:31:16 am »

happy birthcake

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199473 on: January 02, 2024, 01:40:26 pm »

Joyous birth celebrations Max
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199474 on: January 03, 2024, 04:10:52 am »

Happy Birth!

Welcome to the public domain, Mickey Mouse of Steamboat Willie fame.

Thou art here forever. May Rule 34 have no mercy on thee.
They were making that kind of stuff about him in the 30s, he never had a chance.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #199475 on: January 03, 2024, 04:32:53 am »

Joyous womb expulsion anniversary. Call your mum if you can.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199476 on: January 03, 2024, 05:57:11 am »

Happy cake birth! May you birth many cakes in the years ahead.
Love, scriver~

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #199477 on: January 03, 2024, 08:40:46 am »

Blow the candles on your cake and have a nice holiday,I hope that you will continue your sci-fi adventure in the next year, the cute firefox called Max.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199478 on: January 06, 2024, 05:15:30 am »

Thanks all!

The twenty-first chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! This is a chonky one. Elektra finally gets to do her job. The unlikely passengers they found in Ch.18 get comfortable... ish. And finally the group leaves this accursed station, as the plot threads set up on it get tied back up. Enjoy! The next chapter might be somewhat shorter. We're entering the last legs of the crew's journey.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199479 on: January 07, 2024, 03:47:33 pm »

I love the story, but you know I keep thinking these guys are all going to get court marshaled into oblivion for letting civilians waltz all over the ship during a classified mission, but maybe that's not how it works in their military.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199480 on: January 07, 2024, 06:39:14 pm »

Back at uni for exam season. Nap followed up by some fucking delicious vegetarian fusilli bolognese. Wish I had spaghetti but you make do with what you have.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199481 on: January 09, 2024, 03:50:00 am »

I love the story, but you know I keep thinking these guys are all going to get court marshaled into oblivion for letting civilians waltz all over the ship during a classified mission, but maybe that's not how it works in their military.
Protocols can change; but yeah those four are less justified than Blup, probably.

It'll definitely come back as some kind of consequences... perhaps not the exact kind you are thinking of, though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199482 on: January 11, 2024, 10:44:07 am »

There's a fucking hilarious anecdote of marine biologists searching for a specific whale that was famous for using a frequency of song too low for other whales to hear. Obviously the whale didn't know that so it was just eternally alone. The marine biologists never got the chance to tag it and sightings of it stopped so they wondered if it died. Two of the cabal of whale watchers decided to go ask the US Navy if they could use their top secret network of submarine sniffers to try and find their missing whale. US Navy said sure go for it, locked then in the room with a world wide network of spy mics and said "you're not allowed to take anything out of this room but otherwise go nuts"

that's not to mention how many militaries have civilian contractors or support civilian activities. Consider how when the French invaded Egypt in Napoleon's time they brought archaeologists, when the British Royal Navy set out outposts around the world they brought naturalists and cartographers with them
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 10:45:39 am by Loud Whispers »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199483 on: January 11, 2024, 02:49:03 pm »

Oh I'm well aware of naval cooperation with civilians and hiring contractors (they have to shuttle the contractors off the carriers when the fleet engages in any "combat" action, even if no actual shooting takes place), but picking up hitchhikers from a nominally neutral port because they're in legal trouble, purely out of charitable goodwill, would not go well in today's military. They're harboring fugitives, at that point, and interfering in another nations' "justice" system, and just begging for a diplomatic incident that ends with the captain at least getting shafted, mission success or not.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 02:51:11 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199484 on: January 11, 2024, 05:00:46 pm »

Tell the lecturer; the fair wrought math has fallen
No shelter has RStudio, nor sacred stats inputs
The console is now empty, the programming stilled
It is finished

(Or to translate, got my stats module done. So long as I haven't failed, I am NOT touching it again)
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 13297 13298 [13299] 13300 13301 ... 13327