Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13289 13290 [13291] 13292 13293 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15909316 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199350 on: November 23, 2023, 10:44:23 am »

In about 6h30 you get to make a wish lol, 23h11m23s, 23/11/(20)23.

Could it be that I am getting better at my job, today I had a good yelling without yelling profanities.

-Guy shows up at our office first sentence "im old an frail i need help" second sentence "or do y'all want me to report you".
-Possibly you could have observed a bloodvessel pop in my eyes that very moment.
-Leave the office, unclaw his hand that was deathgripping the door, said:
-"yes go on report us, and while you're at it tell em *my name, surname* physically threw you out of the office.
-Left him to his devices for a hot minute but I wasn't done, went back for some more.
-"The way you were gripping that door, you're not as frail as you pretended to be"
-"2022, 66% of our work related accident happened in the carbox container"
-"No shut up you listen to me now"
"2023, 50% of all work related accidents happened in this container"
-"I won't be working here anymore in a month from now"
-"you want to get rid of your cardbox you push it inside, I don't give a rats ass"
-"did you understand me?!"
-stands there head down
-"great now he's loading are you slow or what?"

Didn't call him an asshole, son of a bitch, or cockroach or sub human, did not raise my voice more than necessary. I did get reported but I found that out through the grapevine, nobody came at me, and how much we wanna bet I'll be here until the end of my notice period, way to inconvenient to lack another piece of personnel with december coming up... even if something happens I will be fine with it too, go heal and stop standing around in the cold, money is just money, nobody is going to give me my hearing back should I loose it.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199351 on: November 24, 2023, 05:02:46 am »

The exams... they are over...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #199353 on: November 24, 2023, 11:42:38 am »

calmly and happily sinking into tiredness, anxiety staved off, for now
joyfully over-engaged
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199354 on: November 27, 2023, 01:56:46 am »

Switched over from qwerty to colemak-DH.
Goddamn is relearning to type a horrible slog.
Finally got all the keys down (using a site that starts with just 6 letters and slowly adds keys to the prompts (and then focuses on the new key) as you get good with previous ones) with ~500 tries over 2 days. Still terrible with a long way to go, but way better then I was at the start.

Notice how my typing speed goes way down whenever a new key is added.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199355 on: November 27, 2023, 02:35:52 am »

I don't know hardly anything about typing setups but that one looks obnoxious. Just gonna cram the brackets in the middle of the letters, really?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199356 on: November 27, 2023, 02:37:25 am »

Why would one ever want to switch the layouts, though? What's the benefit?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199357 on: November 27, 2023, 03:14:47 am »

(Note that its a wide modification, so for those of you that may care technically its not colemark DH, but rather colemark DH-wide that I'm using, if you don't want the column in the middle you can just not use the wide version).
Nah, that's intentional because having your hands close together at the angle you use when typing normally is bad for the health of your wrists and can lead to RSI in your wrist over time if you are on the computer too much. If you have a proper ergonomic keyboard its unneeded, but it should help to some degree if you just have a normal one.
It also... doesn't really impact you in any real way that there is a gap in the middle since you just move your hands one letter farther apart but everything is otherwise in the same relative position (unless you need to type a bunch of brackets, it might matter there, but in that case note that the cap lock key also alternates the entire keyboard as a alt-function).
I'm not really fond of the = going in the middle there instead of the end though, might end up swapping it.
Why would one ever want to switch the layouts, though? What's the benefit?
Benefit #1:  More ergonomic, you will have to worry about RSI and carpal tunnel less and if you already have it to some degree will feel less pain after typing for extended periods of time. I was kinda starting to get pain in my hands (because I'm doing a online schooling thing right now and typing a ton) and want to avoid it getting worse. Even if you don't have any your hands will get less tired over time typing.
Benefit #2: You should be able to type faster once you actually learn one. Eventually.
Benefit #3: Colemark at least (apparently, I'm not really there yet, but I very much kinda see it already) is apparently just more fun to type with then qwerty.

Now, it does come with a pretty hefty cost: Learning takes a ton of time to wire the new layout into your muscle memory and you will be initially miserable and unable to type and after that still far slower then you were.
Everything I've read on the subject agrees that qwerty is kinda not great, so on the time scale of a lifetype its probably worth it to swap over if you type enough.

E: Really though its still very early days for me and all I'm operating under is some hype from some sites, I'll see in a few months how it ended up going and if it was worth it (and it almost certainly will be if just for the ergonomic benefits even if the other benefits turn out not to exist at all).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 03:29:01 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199358 on: November 28, 2023, 04:44:45 am »

Where do you even get a keyboard like that?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #199359 on: November 28, 2023, 05:51:05 am »

Split keyboards are pretty popular these days and I reckon about half of keyboards out there can have their buttons taken off and rearranged. That's not necessary though, you probably never look at your qwerty board, and it's all handled by software nowadays.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199360 on: November 28, 2023, 07:04:00 am »

The twelfth chapter of my hard sci-fi space opera is released! It is a look into a very unusual alien civilization with a semi-hive-minded society, as well as more interpersonal character stuff as usual. The next subplot is also set up in it. Check it out!

As for why I constantly post this in the happy thread? I'm happy that I managed to keep up schedule for about 3 months now, releasing chapters like clockwork with only one single 8-hour delay early on. As I said in the author's note, i even got a lead of 2.5 chapters because I write so fast.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #199361 on: November 28, 2023, 07:23:04 am »

Playing some CKII on impulse.  It's kind of been slow going because it's pretty easy to game the systems and snowball like a bsatard from almost anywhere.

The proto Holy Roman Empire resolved itself rather amicably, and its mostly worked itself out into recognizable states.  The balkens is a hell on earth, with muslims and orthodox fighting the last slavs and a 7 moral authority rainbow brigade of heresy from the catholics.  Khazaria has become the entire center of the map.  The muslim caliphates both kind of exploded into smaller and less dominate versions of themselves, with egypt being the center of power for once.  But, most pleasing of all, is that ghengis khan decided to entirely skip going down the steppes and just rammed through the western protectorate and through tibet to invade india
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199362 on: November 29, 2023, 02:00:41 am »

Split keyboards are pretty popular these days and I reckon about half of keyboards out there can have their buttons taken off and rearranged. That's not necessary though, you probably never look at your qwerty board, and it's all handled by software nowadays.
I guess I've never run into those since I only use laptops and cheap keyboards.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #199363 on: November 29, 2023, 02:47:56 am »

Pewdiepie learns to draw

Now, I never cared much for the dude or his content, but this video in particular is a real nice showcase of the learning process, especially in a creative medium.  A bunch of hair pulling and frustration until something clicks and your brain groks it for the first time properly. And then it's something enjoyable.

Mind you there's still tons of frustration down the line but I'd say it's the good kinda that keeps you going (at least in my case, otherwise I'd have quite years ago)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199364 on: November 29, 2023, 02:38:44 pm »

fuckin' love my dogs

glad we got large ones and not little ones like we planned cuz you can just full on cuddle them and they love that shit

and they have big thoughts and big emotions and big happy faces and personalities and i can just play-wrestle with my dog and it's so much fun to watch the little dramas between them play out or when they cuddle up together on the couch

little part of me always worries that pets are just bored out of their minds most of the time and that it's inhumane to just let them snooze away the day after a good walk or play or whatever, and i know i'm lucky enough to work from home so they can come get attention from me and they must be okay because they're not constantly asking for it, but, well, brain brains weird.
Pages: 1 ... 13289 13290 [13291] 13292 13293 ... 13327