Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13277 13278 [13279] 13280 13281 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15907352 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199170 on: September 12, 2023, 11:04:33 am »

My second book's prologue and first chapter have released. You do not need to have read the first book to understand it. It has a rather different theme and vibe from the first, but is set in the same universe. Updates will be weekly! https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/74149/stardust-marathon
I already prefer the more militarized theme.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199171 on: September 12, 2023, 07:01:47 pm »

I plan on alternating.

Down-to-earth/action/down-to-earth/action and so on.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199172 on: September 13, 2023, 06:01:10 am »

There was another bigfin squid sighting last year?? I never even heard about it.

Big fin squid!
https://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/okeanos/explorations/ex2107/features/bigfin-squid/bigfin-squid.html
In this gallery about 13 gifs down down; https://imgur.com/gallery/jbD3piX
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199173 on: September 13, 2023, 08:39:14 am »

There are giant squid, even colossal squid, but that there's a big f-in' squid.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199174 on: September 14, 2023, 04:09:40 am »

You know if we keep finding bigger and bigger squids, eventually we'll find the biggest squid of all Cthulhu, not sure we're ready to find that one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199175 on: September 14, 2023, 07:22:28 am »

There's a lot of folks out there who'd say their body is extremely ready to find cthulhu and its tentacles :P

The rest of us, I'unno, but some folks'd be all for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #199176 on: September 14, 2023, 10:19:32 am »

Well, we made it safely to Albuquerque. Living out of the van has been working fine for us for now. The good news is that we're signing a lease in a house to rent in a quiet part of town and they'll let us have both chickens and dogs, which checks a lot of our boxes. We're also still able to take the California coast trip, which is very exciting.

Also, there's a bunch of dispensaries here and I should have no issue getting a medical card for my anxiety. People are really laid back and just generally genuine here, you can just buy liquor from grocery stores again, food is great, culture is back, my partner loves her new office. No more parade of plastic people with plastic niceness and their 8.4 blond haired children and three golden doodles.

We're in a good place here and now. Everything has just kind of come together, minor mishaps like needing new tires on moving day and booking a hotel room in the worst part of town on our way in notwithstanding, lol.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199177 on: September 14, 2023, 11:42:25 am »

In the US it's spelled albercuecue
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199178 on: September 15, 2023, 11:02:15 am »

Not enough sleep and a migraine for a few hours after I woke up, but I'm already feeling pretty settled in in my own room now. Kitchen and toilets will take longer (Settled in in my lexicon is "relaxed when I'm in there") because they're communal and I'm just generally anxious around people I don't know.

Also went shopping and explored the local shopping centre for a few hours. It's big, and it was nice to just be able to browse and buy the occasional thing I needed.

I'm definitely doing a lot better than I expected, moving to uni.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #199179 on: September 19, 2023, 07:17:24 am »

My second book's prologue and first chapter have released. You do not need to have read the first book to understand it. It has a rather different theme and vibe from the first, but is set in the same universe. Updates will be weekly! https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/74149/stardust-marathon
The second chapter is now out!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199180 on: September 19, 2023, 10:44:28 am »

I am, once again, feeling really good about uni stuff. Modules selected, now it's just waiting. Meanwhile, tomorrow I'm going to the clubs and societies fair. I've looked at the list and there's a whole host of things I'd like to give a go.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #199181 on: September 19, 2023, 08:10:31 pm »

I graduated! I now have an associate's degree in actuarial science, which I will proceed to not-use because I realized that I like the computing sciences more than the science of putting a price on human life. I'm planning on taking a Bachelor's in CS or related, anyway.

Anyway, I actually came here because there's now a Linux version of Dwarf Fortress. I'm happy about that because it's probably gonna be less crash-happy than playing the Windows version through Wine, *shudder*.

For the 0 people in the audience using NixOS + nix-alien to run foreign binaries, run the dwarfort binary with the following to get a working DF with audio (seems to be an either/or matter: one of fmod or sdl_mixer need to exist to have working audio) to tide you over until 50.10 gets packaged in nixpkgs.

Code: [Select]
nix-alien -l libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0 -r ./dwarfort

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199182 on: September 19, 2023, 11:31:48 pm »

Congrats on graduating! Dont undervalue us too much please
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #199183 on: September 20, 2023, 03:52:34 am »

I graduated! I now have an associate's degree in actuarial science, which I will proceed to not-use because I realized that I like the computing sciences more than the science of putting a price on human life. I'm planning on taking a Bachelor's in CS or related, anyway.

Anyway, I actually came here because there's now a Linux version of Dwarf Fortress. I'm happy about that because it's probably gonna be less crash-happy than playing the Windows version through Wine, *shudder*.

For the 0 people in the audience using NixOS + nix-alien to run foreign binaries, run the dwarfort binary with the following to get a working DF with audio (seems to be an either/or matter: one of fmod or sdl_mixer need to exist to have working audio) to tide you over until 50.10 gets packaged in nixpkgs.

Code: [Select]
nix-alien -l libSDL2_mixer-2.0.so.0 -r ./dwarfort

Yeah, we don't have a fallback besides sdl_mixer. I might look into yet more, the system is very much built to accomodate as many as one wants--in fact, you can technically compile your own libsdl_mixer_plugin.so that uses the same API (which is all public on g_src) to write your own, or I guess people could contribute glue code to g_src that'll work, or whatever. Not that I expect people to, I'm the one being paid for all this, ha. But yeah, constant work to make it more and more compatible.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199184 on: September 20, 2023, 08:54:50 am »

Congratulations methylatedspirit!
Pages: 1 ... 13277 13278 [13279] 13280 13281 ... 13327