Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13271 13272 [13273] 13274 13275 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15905813 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #199080 on: August 07, 2023, 11:25:25 pm »

I mean, I got some sort of Jewish-Nazi-Islamic-Aliens religio-conspiracy book recommended to me once by Facebook. There's some serious flaws with the system.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199081 on: August 08, 2023, 04:17:33 am »

I got some sort of Jewish-Nazi-Islamic-Aliens religio-conspiracy book
That sounds like it could be an entertaining train wreck of a book.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199082 on: August 08, 2023, 06:17:58 am »

Wish I could remember its name. I've got a picture somewhere, but it's gonna be buried super deep in an active chat at this point.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #199083 on: August 08, 2023, 08:30:22 am »

Is it.... the Bible?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199084 on: August 12, 2023, 12:41:54 am »

Started on sertraline again. Giving me the jitters and nausea as it always does, but it's nice knowing that in a few weeks my brain's going to be mostly back to normal.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199085 on: August 12, 2023, 06:45:44 pm »

I got some sort of Jewish-Nazi-Islamic-Aliens religio-conspiracy book
That sounds like it could be an entertaining train wreck of a book.

Oh yeah we have alot of those here.

The wackiest conspiracies the Avengelicals conjure up are mere childs play compared to what we have here on the regular.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199086 on: August 12, 2023, 08:22:49 pm »

That's... a hell of a claim, considering the history and current state of evangelical conspiracy mongering. The wackiest conspiracies the evangelicals conjure up is literally straight out of Q, these days, and I'm not sure it's, like, physically possible to top that nonsense enough for it to be considered child's play.

After a point there's just no way to dig the crazy any deeper when operating within the constraints of human communication. There's chunks of evangelical nonsense that have dug right on down and ain't got no where else to go.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #199087 on: August 13, 2023, 12:00:42 am »

The mainstream evangelical conspiracies are still beholden to Christian ontologies, though - outside that influence you can go much further off the rails. Magic isn't really a thing for Christians, only very mild stuff. Out here, for example, there could be conspiracies of people using magic to appear to be someone else, then sire children that way, make public addresses, or be watching you...right now!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #199088 on: August 13, 2023, 06:45:14 am »

The devil can and does all of those things, constantly, according to evangelicals.

Just replace "magic" with "the devil" in every example.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #199089 on: August 13, 2023, 06:57:48 am »

Eeyyup. Magic is absolutely 100% a thing, and a major thing, for christianity, it's just called either a miracle or the work of the devil. Doppelgangers, mind control, excuses for infidelity strange pregnancies or changeling-adjacent stuff, bad day at work, devil devil devil devil. Sometimes witch! Witch using the power of satan. Or anti-christ! They like calling the pope that, and whatever major politician their zeitgeist don't like that day (fun fact of evangelical conspiracy mongering: The anti-christ can be several people simultaneously! It's not limited to a single body!). Mostly devil, though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 07:01:47 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199090 on: August 14, 2023, 04:34:09 am »

Damn it Satan stop doing all those bad things.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199091 on: August 14, 2023, 08:36:45 am »

Eeyyup. Magic is absolutely 100% a thing, and a major thing, for christianity, it's just called either a miracle or the work of the devil. Doppelgangers, mind control, excuses for infidelity strange pregnancies or changeling-adjacent stuff, bad day at work, devil devil devil devil. Sometimes witch! Witch using the power of satan. Or anti-christ! They like calling the pope that, and whatever major politician their zeitgeist don't like that day (fun fact of evangelical conspiracy mongering: The anti-christ can be several people simultaneously! It's not limited to a single body!). Mostly devil, though.
There's one canonical example of a mage in biblical canon, helpfully styled Simon the Mage. I wonder if the guys at WhiteWolf publishing who made Mage the Ascension copied the bible for this one, since mages in MtA use rules on "paradox" that seem to follow the story of Simon. With paradox, mages can do anything anyone around them would believe to be possible. So a mage can fly and levitate if they're living in a country where people believe in magic and flying mages, or if they have a suitable cover like being a stage magician. Otherwise a 21st century audience is going to look at them flying in the air and think "that's not possible" and they'll plummet to their deaths or invoke a paradox. A 12th century mage therefore has an easy time shooting a fireball from his hands, because all the peasants around him know a mage can totally do that. But a 21st century mage would probably have to make a gas pipe burst and fling fire at his foes, because that's just what the people around him or her would believe possible.

So Simon the Mage begins levitating in front of all his m8s and everyone is impressed, as Simon convinces the forum goers he is a god. Apostle Peter however says such power is impossible without God, and Simon falls from this great height, breaking his legs. So Simon was levitating... Until Peter convinced the crowd it was impossible. Hypothesis: this was the first recorded instance of clerics and sorcerers waging the secret shadow war

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #199092 on: August 14, 2023, 08:40:14 am »

Hypothesis:

There was no paradox-related-magic until you convinced us there was, and likewise with the secret cleric-mage-war.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #199093 on: August 14, 2023, 08:43:22 am »

Nah, it was a Mage versus Mage war. Petrus just was a higher level mage than Simon, and according to the story obviously didn't cancel Cancel Jesus' Water Walking spell.
They were all witches.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #199094 on: August 14, 2023, 08:47:52 am »

Hypothesis:

There was no paradox-related-magic until you convinced us there was, and likewise with the secret cleric-mage-war.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 13271 13272 [13273] 13274 13275 ... 13327