Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13240 13241 [13242] 13243 13244 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15891957 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #198615 on: February 14, 2023, 11:03:25 pm »

That was the third time today someone's mentioned it was valentine's day and I realized I had forgotten it was even today. It's a pretty low key holiday if you don't, like, turn on a TV or something, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198616 on: February 14, 2023, 11:30:44 pm »

Yeah my partner didn't remember either, or care :P
Worked out great, since I remembered but was mostly anxious about what to do.  Silly cultural expectations.  We had a nice long chat about books and personal things, it was a mix of lovely and serious.  I feel great about it all <3

(There was an aspect of "wait, I'm kinda a girlfriend, am I expected to expect something??" followed by "...nah this is chill <3")
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198617 on: February 15, 2023, 02:11:10 am »

Unless people tell me I don't remember most holidays.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198618 on: February 15, 2023, 08:10:57 am »

Romantical valentines day sucks. Reach beyond it's capitalist cage into it's origins as a celebration of the beginning of spring and in the general area of this time of year because do something in the springy warmth of the returning sun, whether with friends or partners or both
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198619 on: February 15, 2023, 09:12:26 am »

That was the third time today someone's mentioned it was valentine's day and I realized I had forgotten it was even today. It's a pretty low key holiday if you don't, like, turn on a TV or something, I guess.
Valentine's cards and decorations were literally for sale like the day after Christmas here.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198620 on: February 15, 2023, 10:35:51 am »

Today I woke up proud owner of 5 chickens lol... Sunday I had spotted the white one, and tried to lure it back with some cereals... Except now I have to assume I lead it to the wrong chicken coop because there were some among them today that I had never seen, and I got one coop right below my window, I know the ones that live there.

It was an understandable mistake, turns out both chicken colonies' bravest chicken is white and leaner than the others. I hate roosters but I enjoy watching the chickens scavenge. All the animals love our yard because we're entirely surrounded by hedges. They can come over whenever they want, just don't get lost or caught, I need no rumours.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198621 on: February 15, 2023, 11:15:27 am »

Valentine's cards and decorations were literally for sale like the day after Christmas here.
I haven't been inside a business that sells cards or decorations in like three or four years :P
Ask not!
Ask!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #198622 on: February 16, 2023, 07:52:44 am »

I had a lapse in judgment and got caught by a police patrol car doing 85mph in a 60mph zone. It was late night, no other traffic (except one pesky car behind me  :-[), and I was incredibly familiar with the roads - - I didn't even realise quite how fast I was going.

Anyway they pulled me over, the policewoman thought I was a student (yay youthful looks?). She said normally I'd require a court appearance, but I seemed like a decent sort and to just be more careful for the remainder of my journey.

Needless to say - - - - I was.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #198623 on: February 16, 2023, 09:14:18 am »

Cruise control is your friend, really. The machine is far less likely to make a lapse in judgement and not realize how fast they're going.

... regardless, I'd probably recommend just not speeding like that, no matter how familiar you are with the road or how little traffic there seems to be, especially late at night. It's entirely too easy for there to be something other than a vehicle in the road and you be going too fast to see it before you hit it, and unless the distance is quite significant, you're not saving much time. If you just want to go fast, go find a raceway.

You don't even have to be speeding for that to happen, for that matter, driving late and just in the 60s (the speed limit for the road) is what put a drive shaft through the bottom of my car at one point. Some colossal fucker had left one in the middle of the highway, it got me and multiple other people before someone figured out what was going on and moved the damn thing.
Ask not!
Ask!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #198624 on: February 16, 2023, 09:40:33 am »

Yea, I'm aware. What I wrote was an explanation, not a justification.

Heh, pretty stupid of me all around.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198625 on: February 16, 2023, 10:41:59 am »

Spoiler: fair (click to show/hide)
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198626 on: February 16, 2023, 07:33:32 pm »

I gave a girl a rose and two chocolate cigars for Valentine's Day. Nothing serious, but I liked doing it.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198627 on: February 16, 2023, 11:22:21 pm »

I gave a girl a rose and two chocolate cigars for Valentine's Day. Nothing serious, but I liked doing it.

I hope that’s not a euphemism, or reference to Clinton’s proclivities.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198628 on: February 17, 2023, 01:13:45 am »

I hope that’s not a euphemism, or reference to Clinton’s proclivities.

Because of the implications?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198629 on: February 17, 2023, 02:06:19 am »

How can you smoke a chocolate cigar anyway, last I heard is that chocolate melts and produces no smoke, so what good is a cigar made from it?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 13240 13241 [13242] 13243 13244 ... 13327