Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13195 13196 [13197] 13198 13199 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15899914 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197940 on: September 23, 2022, 02:12:34 pm »

After so many years of putting it off, I finally finished Breaking Bad + El Camino; took several days of binging cause it's so goddamn long, but I got through it finally. Gotta say it lives up to the hype. I watched BCS first, so I went in with the knowledge that endowed. They have extremely different mouth feels though, despite being set in the same universe and story.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have to say I really liked the show, but getting through the middle portion of it was so hard. The beginning and ending portions are great, but the middle portion worked hard to grate down my patience for all the characters' psychological bullshit, and I had to really force my way through it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197941 on: September 23, 2022, 04:17:15 pm »

Did you like Better Call Saul? I hated Breaking Bad (quit at the beginning of season 3 since I just couldn't take it anymore) but BCS seemed vaguely more watchable.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197942 on: September 23, 2022, 04:41:56 pm »

Better Call Saul is a modern masterpiece. I enjoyed it much more than Breaking Bad, even though BB is pretty great itself imo.

What BCS has going for it is that it is entirely different in tone and themes. Jimmy Mcgill (aka Saul Goodman) is much more nuanced and likable than Walt ever was. In fact, while BB suffers from having a lot of characters that are difficult to like until you get to know them for a while, almost every character in BCS gets such great writing and dialogue that you can't help but love every single one of them. Especially Lalo, who was mentioned in a single throwaway line in Breaking Bad, but you actually get to meet him in Better Call Saul and he's an amazing fan favorite, and I love him.

One thing that the creator Vince Gilligan made sure to do in BCS was to include lots of layered meaning and symbolism everywhere and in everything. I watched through BCS twice, and both times it blew my mind; and then I'll watch some youtube video about the extensive usage of color theory that endows every single scene and object with hidden psychological meaning, and it'll just blow my mind again.

I'd also say the pacing is super excellent in BCS, I never felt bored in any of the episodes, cause the show uses its time extremely well. Going from episode to episode is very enticing and it was easy to lose an entire day as I watched and rewatched the series. BB had a pacing problem, I think, where it would slow burn me too much and wind up boring me, but BCS gets the mixture just right so it can slow burn while keeping my attention the entire time.

So yeah I'd say Better Call Saul gets my glowing recommendation.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197943 on: September 23, 2022, 05:21:29 pm »

Cool. I might actually go ahead and watch then!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197944 on: September 23, 2022, 10:16:17 pm »

I'm back to hyperposting, suckers.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197945 on: September 23, 2022, 10:32:22 pm »

Quote from: dwarfy and maybe Jack in his crazier moments presumably
Look you don't have to agree but as voltaire said, I would give my life so the INRA gets to distribute pamphletsGuns.
fixed that for you, it made me happy at leastmy apologies for your brain damage in advance
(and shit, I was referring to the National Rifle Association. It's even better with National Republican Army!)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197946 on: September 24, 2022, 03:06:47 am »

fghj
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 11:02:17 am by dragdeler »
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197947 on: September 24, 2022, 07:20:05 am »

I've now been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, hooray! I can get on with transitioning.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197948 on: September 24, 2022, 03:14:10 pm »

I've now been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, hooray! I can get on with transitioning.

Hooray hooray !!

My happy is that the 9th Department Q book is going to be released in the next couple of days, in English ... I can't freaking wait ! I preordered so that I would have it right away but it has been so hard to wait while the Danish reviews go up online.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #197949 on: September 24, 2022, 10:03:38 pm »

Congrats!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #197950 on: September 25, 2022, 12:28:10 am »

Local park had a night hike/dark sky program tonight. Realized it's the first time in some five years that I've hiked around in some forested area at night. Cloud coverage was pretty bad, but it was lovely to drink the marshy night air to the chorus of grasshoppers and the night-sky glow of the town a mile over.

Then I got frustrated about my visual snow against the dark of the night and ruminated about neurological conditions and helplessness in how something so fundamental as a person's brainmeats can be defective.

8/10 would recommend

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #197951 on: September 25, 2022, 12:58:58 am »

visual snow in the dark is when it's at its most vibrant

all the pretty swimmy colors (if you get multicolor anyway, some poor bastard out there probably has monochrome and my condolences, it's much better with a good color selection), shame about seeing other stuff

who needs psychedelics when you've got that stuff, though, 24/7 hallucinations just add water (so you don't dehydrate and die)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #197952 on: September 25, 2022, 01:15:46 am »

Funny you should say that, I only get the snow when I'm dehydrated, tired, and probably suffering from a salt deficiency.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197953 on: September 25, 2022, 03:40:35 am »

I don't think I've ever had that visual show stuff at night, maybe it's because I do a lot of stuff at night.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #197954 on: September 25, 2022, 09:18:07 am »

It's got comorbidities with migraines and tinnitus, so it'd be more likely you just don't have it if you don't have those or haven't noticed TV static in your vision.

Makes for a pretty noisy head, eh.
Pages: 1 ... 13195 13196 [13197] 13198 13199 ... 13327