Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13145 13146 [13147] 13148 13149 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15888585 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #197190 on: March 12, 2022, 05:36:29 am »

No, he's from the Republic of Ireland.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #197191 on: March 12, 2022, 02:57:38 pm »

So it is, the Irish feel lucky to wake up in the morning, having not died of alcohol poisoning (or wishing they had), whereas others feel lucky a bomb didn't take them out in their sleep.

Goodish news; we got a new guy at work now. Hopefully things start looking up.

I'm going to ask for a raise since I've been filling in for the missing employees and have to train this guy, and my one year mark is coming around so I can start getting vacation hours and I'll be eligible for a raise finally
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197192 on: March 12, 2022, 08:53:26 pm »

Got some doctor stuff out of the way which should fix a minor health problem I've been having for the past year.

The grill wasn't working and we thought it was broken when we had a big family meal planned (chicken satay+good peanut sauce), but I looked it up and tried a solution that worked (needed to reset the regulator) so the meal went off as planned.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197193 on: March 13, 2022, 10:17:03 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The grill wasn't working and we thought it was broken when we had a big family meal planned (chicken satay+good peanut sauce), but I looked it up and tried a solution that worked (needed to reset the regulator) so the meal went off as planned.

Hooray, fire!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197194 on: March 13, 2022, 02:33:54 pm »

Finally got my money invested in the stock market about ten years after I should have. So its a huge fail in that I have significantly less than I should, but its a win in that I finally will stop losing money to inflation greedy corporations.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #197195 on: March 13, 2022, 03:01:41 pm »

You stop losing money to greedy corporations by buying stock in greedy corporations?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197196 on: March 13, 2022, 04:24:21 pm »

That logic is actually sound yeah, cash is a poor investment.  I have strong opinions about amateurs "playing" the stock market (it's literally a con IMO), but a diverse portfolio is a good defense against inflation.  I have some retirement money put away like that, which is nice since I don't have to jump through the tax hoops of personally buying and selling the cursed things. 

The ethics of loaning financial professionals my money so they can fleece amateurs isn't thread appropriate, heh.  Very little of modern finance is.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #197197 on: March 13, 2022, 08:45:40 pm »

You stop losing money to greedy corporations by buying stock in greedy corporations?
Yes, buying into the system will (to some degree) stop the system from exploiting you.
It would great not to be exploited by the system at all, but unless you go live on your own in the middle of the jungle or become a hobo that isn't really possible.
That logic is actually sound yeah, cash is a poor investment.  I have strong opinions about amateurs "playing" the stock market (it's literally a con IMO), but a diverse portfolio is a good defense against inflation.  I have some retirement money put away like that, which is nice since I don't have to jump through the tax hoops of personally buying and selling the cursed things. 
Yeah, I just invested my stuff in a broad mutual fund. I have neither the time, knowledge or inclination to actually learn about it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #197198 on: March 14, 2022, 06:58:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hooray, fire!

I've seen that shirt before and it's literally one of my favourite things in the whole world
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #197199 on: March 14, 2022, 07:24:52 am »

I really like the acoustic version they did of MMMbop at MTV unplugged.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Trapezohedron_

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #197200 on: March 14, 2022, 08:23:48 am »

I don't reckon many people remember me; in hindsight I was just someone trying to be important but in reality was being annoying. But I guess I'm back. I'd rather have used my old account, but I've tried reaching out to the Toad with no success. It doesn't I asked him to mute my account, including sending DMs to him.

This account's existence technically exists as a possible forum offense, but I suppose I'm back for the time being. But I'm still mildly pleased to see familiar faces even after... what... a decade?

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance again.

SystemsTestCanary

• Bay Watcher
  • watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197201 on: March 14, 2022, 10:52:47 am »

I have a FRIED PIE (a pie slice that has been fried, not a whole pie, goodness.) Looking forward to eating it.
some end in flashes of Gold, some end in Blood, some, in Fire.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197202 on: March 14, 2022, 12:13:38 pm »

How is this done. Fried pie.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #197203 on: March 14, 2022, 12:17:29 pm »

I just heard about pi day myself
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197204 on: March 14, 2022, 12:20:11 pm »

For pi pie day, you get 3.1415926... slices. It's really great.
Pages: 1 ... 13145 13146 [13147] 13148 13149 ... 13326