Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13100 13101 [13102] 13103 13104 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15872805 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #196515 on: August 31, 2021, 12:23:41 am »

That's a mood over a decade old!

I am, as most would expect, a Medic main.  Eager happy healer/ALSO A SPY SOMETIMES HAHAHA

It's a very good game.  Lots of ways to enjoy it!  I have loved playing demo, soldier, haha obviously pyro.

The frenetic gameplay evokes certain memories for me.  From very many games, but with various angles.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196516 on: August 31, 2021, 12:48:08 am »

Spy was the only class I couldn't really do. My only defense being the psychology of the enemy players and short cloak was too stressful for me. Much more relaxing to trade rockets with the enemy, hehe.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #196517 on: August 31, 2021, 12:57:21 am »

That's a mood over a decade old!

I am, as most would expect, a Medic main.  Eager happy healer/ALSO A SPY SOMETIMES HAHAHA

It's a very good game.  Lots of ways to enjoy it!  I have loved playing demo, soldier, haha obviously pyro.

The frenetic gameplay evokes certain memories for me.  From very many games, but with various angles.
Ahhhhh, a medic main. Come to my arms, dearest friend; besides hardworking Engineers on attack on payload maps you are the bestest kind of person :D
also the viability of different playstyles even within a single class is so cool; that demoknights and trolldiers and ambassador-spies and fat-scout-heavy are all at least half-decent just shows how well-balanced the game is from so many angles
Spy was the only class I couldn't really do. My only defense being the psychology of the enemy players and short cloak was too stressful for me. Much more relaxing to trade rockets with the enemy, hehe.
Yeah, I find spy really hard too :D it’s way too easy to die!
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #196518 on: August 31, 2021, 01:03:50 am »

Speaking of TF2 happies, we finally have asian Uncletopia servers! Just in time as the official casual servers start to suck really hard too.

Also, as an Actual Spy Main, most of my play time is on other classes during the game because Spy sucks lmao.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196519 on: August 31, 2021, 01:07:28 am »

how can he be bad he has the one instakill in the game :^)

just gotta turn on friendly fire and play it like amogus then he'll be strong

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196520 on: August 31, 2021, 06:43:37 am »

I’m pretty new to tf2, and I can’t believe how easy and fun Heavy is, especially on king of the hill maps. Take the control point quickly with a pocket Medic, and then just spend the rest of the game flanking. In FPSs I can only rarely hit my first shot but I generally hit my subsequent ones and I flatter myself that my tracking and aiming isn’t bad, so I can take on rocket-jumping Soldiers and jetpacking Pyros and trickstab-attempting Spies.

Only problem is a firing Heavy basically has a huge target painted on him, especially for Spies. I catch some but god they’re so annoying. And Snipers, but they can’t do anything if you use cover while capturing and flank all the rest of the time.

Here's a few heavy tips to lean on heavily:

1. Get a nice pair of headphones and crank that shit up. Spies make a decloak sound that I didn't notice at first, but now it could wake me out of a dead sleep.

2. Master the simple art of the Jump-rev.  It'll greatly increase your mobility in a class that is dying to move faster, often literally as positioning is the greatest determinant of success in TF2.

3. Use Tomislav and Sandvich/Banana. You wouldn't think the tiny increase in accuracy the Tomi gives would boost your effectiveness so much, but it absolutely does. Plus silent revving is dope. And being able to feed your medic is a must must must.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196521 on: August 31, 2021, 07:05:49 am »

Wait, Tomi gives more accuracy? I recall it only being a faster rev and quiet in exchange for less DPS.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #196522 on: August 31, 2021, 07:54:55 am »

I've prolly clocked the most hours on demoman, most of them being stickyjumping with the scotsman's skullcutter to un-head snipers. Was never particularly keen about how astronomically long respawn times feel on vanilla servers.

but also blasting some dude with the scottish resistance is the best

so is quickfixing your entire team

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #196523 on: August 31, 2021, 08:03:14 am »

I have sweet memories of defending two points as Demoman alone. Mines all over one, and grenades on the other. Feels good to hear something like "the enemy are taking point B", press a button and get a couple kills.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #196524 on: August 31, 2021, 09:21:13 am »

The Scottish Resistance is so underrated given that it lets you basically kill someone with a look.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196525 on: August 31, 2021, 10:19:33 am »

Wait, Tomi gives more accuracy? I recall it only being a faster rev and quiet in exchange for less DPS.

Yeah, it got changed a few years ago. It's the meta heavy weapon.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196526 on: August 31, 2021, 11:06:08 am »

Tomi and Stock have roughly similar DPS at most ranges, near point blank stock will win out, the further out you go tomi's better.

Banana if you usually don't have a medic, sandvich if you do.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #196527 on: August 31, 2021, 01:50:08 pm »

This conversation makes absolutely no sense if you forget what TF2 is.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196528 on: August 31, 2021, 01:54:23 pm »

Tomi and Stock have roughly similar DPS at most ranges, near point blank stock will win out, the further out you go tomi's better.

Banana if you usually don't have a medic, sandvich if you do.

Big time heavy main Big Joey weighs in on the topic:

https://youtu.be/e-NxqkcaUjQ?t=508

TLDR: Tomi beats Stock in literally every situation that isn't point blank range + pre-revved.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196529 on: August 31, 2021, 03:15:38 pm »

Jokes aside, I am very happy for you V. How thought out is the project? I would like to hear all about how you are going to keep them!

Also, are you going to name them? I named my homemade bee(/insect) hotel "Bihålan", which I can't translate without ruining the joke but "By" means village, "håla" means hole, and "byhåla" mean "a real dumpy of a place" and obviously "bi" means bee and I am very proud of that joke and I nominate it for the name of your hive too. Beeata is a great name for your queen by the way

It isn't FULLY thought out yet, but there is a certification program through my local university.

We'll have to see what happens -- I'm kinda boiling over with stress right now and I wonder if I will have time to do anything but study. But if it's possible, yes, I will be creating my very own bee slum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 13100 13101 [13102] 13103 13104 ... 13326