Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13051 13052 [13053] 13054 13055 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15849967 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195780 on: April 21, 2021, 02:53:33 am »

Common DF memes are all pretty meh. Will always appreciate "it was inevitable" though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #195781 on: April 21, 2021, 03:29:23 am »

Common DF memes are all pretty meh.

It was inevitable
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195782 on: April 21, 2021, 03:35:42 am »

It is terrifying.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195783 on: April 21, 2021, 03:44:04 am »

In the year of 2021, Kogan Avuz feared for the life of his mortal meme. He sought the secrets of life and death. In the year 2022 Kogan became a dead meme. In the year 2057 Kogan became a meme husk and roamed the earth.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195784 on: April 21, 2021, 03:46:12 am »

It must be stopped with violent force.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195785 on: April 21, 2021, 04:13:07 am »

It is terrifying.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195786 on: April 21, 2021, 04:22:22 am »

I prefer the bacon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195787 on: April 21, 2021, 06:57:32 am »

Still 100% no tooth holes
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195788 on: April 21, 2021, 08:27:32 am »

New Job Get!

Well, new job offered, at any rate. I have to review the terms, but I'm 99% going to accept.  The opportunity to get out of the big corporate merger presented itself much sooner than I expected.  It's an exciting opportunity.

I count it as a blessing - I definitely don't feel like it's something I deserved.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #195789 on: April 21, 2021, 09:33:08 am »

I once played a very entertaining one shot D&D game where I played as a Dwarf and the DM described something as sounding like a clown horn honking. Long story short, it became an integral part of my character that anything which reminded him of clowns would drive him into an unstoppable fear-fuelled rage because coincidentally, the word "Clown" meant "Hell-demon" in Dwarfish, apparently. That was a fun game.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #195790 on: April 22, 2021, 05:35:35 am »

HONKs in the deep. We cannot escape. HONKs in the deep.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195791 on: April 22, 2021, 11:00:06 am »

My One Shot went over really well! Everyone had a lot of fun and it turned out great. One of my players powerbombing an enemy from a 20ft guard tower right at the start really set the tone for the rest of the encounter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #195792 on: April 22, 2021, 04:41:05 pm »

Just nailed the interview for my fourth promotion in three-and-a-bit years. Now I'm capped out in my field, I've got nowhere left to climb to unless I want to give up union protections to shoot for a managerial or administrative role (fuck no). With any luck the pay bump'll let me polish off the last of my student loans in the next year or two.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195793 on: April 22, 2021, 06:01:59 pm »

Just nailed the interview for my fourth promotion in three-and-a-bit years. Now I'm capped out in my field, I've got nowhere left to climb to unless I want to give up union protections to shoot for a managerial or administrative role (fuck no). With any luck the pay bump'll let me polish off the last of my student loans in the next year or two.

The only way to go on now is to go meta and form a union union

My One Shot went over really well! Everyone had a lot of fun and it turned out great. One of my players powerbombing an enemy from a 20ft guard tower right at the start really set the tone for the rest of the encounter.

Nice! What was the premise?
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195794 on: April 22, 2021, 06:16:23 pm »

Nice! What was the premise?

I was a player in a "Lost Mines of Phandelver" campaign, and one thing leads to another, and we're homebrewing the fuck out of what is a meant to be a linear and railroaded module. One player is going to be missing for this week's session, and I'd expressed interest in DM'ing myself at some point, so he offered that I take over as DM for one week, constructing a scenario that was relevant to what was happening currently.

Basically, an NPC had asked the crew to handle some Cultists, and ORDINARILY this would mean kicking them out of the little shack they'd occupied, but I expanded that to be a fortified compound with several buildings and multiple encounters throughout. My own character was mysteriously absent for this oneshot, so my DM brought over his own character from an entirely different campaign, and I ran the entire thing for them. They quite enjoyed themselves, from the impromptu Pro Wrestling, to the totally pointless pony I placed in the middle of a field, to the cleric getting jumped by four zombies, and the final encounter with the Cult Elite, where it was revealed little by little that the Cultists weren't just evil bad guys, but plausible good guys that had interpersonal relationships with eachother and a pet cat. All the Cultists except the leader were killed, who was captured alive. Next week I'm returning as a player and my DM is taking the reins again, so he gets to work with the results of that one shot.

I really enjoyed it, and I think everyone enjoyed it. Though I didn't get to surprise anyone with a Mimic encounter I had prepared though, I wanted to do that but the session ran over our normal schedule by an hour and so intended encounters had to be pruned off the agenda so that everything could be wrapped up in one night.
Pages: 1 ... 13051 13052 [13053] 13054 13055 ... 13326