Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13008 13009 [13010] 13011 13012 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15848834 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #195135 on: January 30, 2021, 03:15:26 am »

Standing outside when it's raining men sounds like a good way to get killed, ether by having one fall on top of you or by the pieces that come off of them when they go splat.
Do raining men come from the atmospheric men? Can you measure this with a baromener? Is global warming making skymen too hot?
If I remember right you need a BROmeter to determine the amount of atmospheric men needed to cause it to rain men.
I'm unaware what the affects of global warming are having on the atmospheric men.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195136 on: January 30, 2021, 07:36:00 am »

I'm feeling real happy today. This isn't normal happy, this is "I forgot to take my meds last night and unlocked 100% of my brain" happy. I'm not bipolar or anything, but I'm ready to take control of myself if anything goes horribly awry. Until that happens, though, I'm gonna enjoy myself.

Those pills are terrible, if only because, exactly like you said, they lock part of your brain (and emotions), but sometimes they are nescessary to prevent mania. If you can manage yourself well enough to be aware when light hypomania sets in and take measures if it does, you might not ever need them.

But.. Don't just stop taking them because you forgot them last night and you feel good. Ask your doctor how to best quit the meds. Some can be quit just like that, for some it is safer to slowly decrease the dosage when quitting.

But I'm sure you know all this.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195137 on: January 30, 2021, 07:53:41 am »

Have a friend who recently started antidepressants and started showing hypo symptoms, reeally hoping she doesn't have manic depression. :L

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195138 on: January 30, 2021, 07:58:53 am »

Those pills are terrible, if only because, exactly like you said, they lock part of your brain (and emotions), but sometimes they are nescessary to prevent mania. If you can manage yourself well enough to be aware when light hypomania sets in and take measures if it does, you might not ever need them.

But.. Don't just stop taking them because you forgot them last night and you feel good. Ask your doctor how to best quit the meds. Some can be quit just like that, for some it is safer to slowly decrease the dosage when quitting.

But I'm sure you know all this.

I mean, my mom (a qualified shrink herself) and my shrink are perfectly fine with me quitting if that is what I believe is the best decision for myself. If anything, they want me to quit, since it's clear that I'm happier without them if the mental illness (which is apparently anxiety, but it starts showing (pre-)psychotic effects as it worsens) isn't being a total buzzkill. It's all predicated on if, and they have given me that control. I'm stable enough for them to give me that power over myself.

I'm at baby doses at this point. I mostly only need them to push my brain just that little bit down so that I can actually sleep. It also keeps the illness in check, that pesky thing, but it does this by suppressing the brain. It just reads like economics to me. Lose part of your brain and be able to sleep, but gain more sanity. Lose sanity and ease of sleep, but you have full brainpower. I value sanity and sleep enough that I'm normally willing to take the brain loss, but I would love to have my brain back, you know?

But yeah, thanks for reminding me. It's dangerous to just completely ditch the meds just because it makes me happy.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195139 on: January 30, 2021, 07:59:57 am »

Have a friend who recently started antidepressants and started showing hypo symptoms, reeally hoping she doesn't have manic depression. :L
Is the psychiatrist that is prescribing the antidepressants aware she is vulnerable to bipolar epsiodes?
If not that is very risky.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #195140 on: January 30, 2021, 08:12:29 am »

I mean, my mom (a qualified shrink herself) and my shrink are perfectly fine with me quitting if that is what I believe is the best decision for myself. If anything, they want me to quit, since it's clear that I'm happier without them if the mental illness (which is apparently anxiety, but it starts showing (pre-)psychotic effects as it worsens) isn't being a total buzzkill. It's all predicated on if, and they have given me that control. I'm stable enough for them to give me that power over myself.

I'm at baby doses at this point. I mostly only need them to push my brain just that little bit down so that I can actually sleep. It also keeps the illness in check, that pesky thing, but it does this by suppressing the brain. It just reads like economics to me. Lose part of your brain and be able to sleep, but gain more sanity. Lose sanity and ease of sleep, but you have full brainpower. I value sanity and sleep enough that I'm normally willing to take the brain loss, but I would love to have my brain back, you know?

But yeah, thanks for reminding me. It's dangerous to just completely ditch the meds just because it makes me happy.
You have the right mindset to able to deal with it without meds, if you can find a way to fall asleep more easily.
Tried various herbal teas that are crowding the supermarkets nowadays? If they don't help you sleep, they won't harm you either, plus most of them taste great.
Also, (yoga) breath excercises can work wonders to empty your head enough to fall asleep. Just count your heartbeats and tune your breathing to their rythm. Stuff like, breathe in 6 heartbeats... wait 3 heartbeats, breathe out 6, wait 6. Train it to go slower.. Breathe in 8, wait 4, out 8, wait 8... Up to as many as you can without effort or strain.
It works simply by occupying your brain with counting and focussing on basic bodily functions, leaving less or no room for thoughts that keep you awake. (Same goes for 'counting sheep' haha)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 08:14:55 am by martinuzz »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195141 on: January 30, 2021, 07:05:06 pm »

Yeah dealing with the mental stuff without meds on the bad days is why a lot of us drink or get high somewhat regularly. Most of the meds are stuff that needs to build up, or super-strong emergency doses. Baby doses sounds like probably the best, once the lower dosage takes over for the brain fog.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195142 on: January 30, 2021, 07:43:16 pm »

She should get in contact with the prescribing physician right away so they can monitor it.

I have a very close friend with severe bipolar :) It will definitely change your life, but he is a wonderful person who has put a lot of good into the world.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #195143 on: January 30, 2021, 07:58:10 pm »

Is the psychiatrist that is prescribing the antidepressants aware she is vulnerable to bipolar epsiodes?
If not that is very risky.

AFAIK they've been informed, luckily it seems pretty mild so far.

Tell me about it, they're getting better at dealing with it these days I guess. A lot of the treatments are/were horrific to the point that people avoid diagnosis.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #195144 on: January 31, 2021, 03:48:14 pm »

Helluva Boss Episode 3 is out!

More backstory and Loona-time!

I hope they're not rushing them out. I noticed the animation wasn't as smooth in a couple of places.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #195145 on: January 31, 2021, 05:33:13 pm »

One of these days I'm going to actually turn on the sound for one of those.

Not today, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195146 on: February 01, 2021, 07:15:25 am »

I managed to record for 6 hours, 50 minutes straight on my camera phone without it falling off its phone tripod mount. A cursory viewing also shows it's not sagging downwards over time like the last one. I think I can confirm that this new mount I got is working great!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195147 on: February 01, 2021, 07:29:34 am »

What are you doing that needs an almost 7 hour long recording? Also at what definition is the recording?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #195148 on: February 01, 2021, 07:56:17 am »

1080p, 30 FPS real-time. As for why, I like watching clouds move. Of course, why did I literally record for almost 7 hours instead of starting a timelapse like any sane person would, resulting in a 29.5GB file at the end? I dunno. Perhaps I'm just addicted to doing things in the stupidest possible way. At least I didn't try doing this at 4K.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #195149 on: February 01, 2021, 08:18:22 am »

Is there any noticeable difference between 1080p and 4K, because the only thing I've noticed is that the higher the definition of the TV the shittyer the movie looks.
Pages: 1 ... 13008 13009 [13010] 13011 13012 ... 13326