Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12977 12978 [12979] 12980 12981 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862771 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #194670 on: December 18, 2020, 09:57:17 am »

Chickens are scarier than most people give them credit for. They'll kill and eat anything smaller than themselves, and gang up on them. I missed out on seeing the frogs and snakes around this year because we had the squawk patrol out in the yard.
I would expect nothing less from the T-Rex heirs.
These are all reasons Ultra Chicken is forbidden.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194671 on: December 18, 2020, 05:24:00 pm »

Beat the Sephiroth event in Smash Ultimate on very hard using Ike by simply aethering him over the edge of the stage:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:42:13 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194672 on: December 18, 2020, 11:06:24 pm »

Two winged angel beats one winged angel No wait that's Kid Icarus, I mean Pit  XD

The holiday visit with my dad went really well!  Two of the four guests had to last-minute cancel which was probably REALLY good for social distancing.  We were careful, outside around a fire bowl watching the decorations and catching up.

My nephew (second-nephew?) is a sophomore now, and we got to chat a lot about that.  Dad and I spun off into a great talk about Calculus, chemistry, and then nuclear physics, completely ignoring the amused stares and then jokes of the others.  I think my nephew would have joined in if he wasn't across from us!  In fact he specifically brought up the really weird final electron field that's like a penetrated donut.  Sooo weird.

We also touched on politics in a mild way.  That can sometimes be frustrating with my dad, but my nephew was more on my wavelength.  So we got to go aside and chat about that too!  And I guess not entirely unrelated, he noticed some of my "jokes" and reactions to my dad's jokes, and subtly prompted me for my gender and pronouns.  Which I got to share, in front of my dad, who didn't object (or stop misgendering, but still).  That felt... really good.  To be recognized and normal.

I also got to play Cyberpunk 2077 a bit via dad's Stadia, and it's kinda amazing how much common ground we had with the cyberpunk setting despite representing three distinct generations.  We all got to crack jokes and laugh at it.  Hehe, I went corpo-rat, of course~

it also kept glitching and making clothes disappear, which is just comedy gold
also I got to take home guac
So yeah!  I think I'm going to sleep well tonight :)

EDIT: OH OH I forgot one of the best parts!
I found my old leather jacket from college to wear, but there was a package in the pockets!  A set of "programming socks" with digital rainbow designs!  I ordered them over a year ago but lost the package... it gave that nice feeling of receiving a fun delivery you've forgotten is coming.  Kinda like a gift from past me <3
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:14:54 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194673 on: December 18, 2020, 11:19:18 pm »

I Have Decided To Learn How to Make the Damn Ice Coffee I Like So Much From Scratch
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194674 on: December 19, 2020, 03:04:53 am »

Is there something special about the ice coffee you like or is it just the usual coffee + ice + copious cream and sugar?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194675 on: December 19, 2020, 06:21:14 am »

I think I just found out that steaming eggs is substantially less risky than boiling them. Considering the... less-than-great quality of my eggs (they have a tendency to crack under heat), I feel like I've made a small revolution in how I hard-boil eggs. No more boiling-over of egg proteins for me!

Also, I realized that sardines taste 300 times better than baked beans (and I actually have a can opener now, unlike last time). I don't know why I've taken this long to come to this revelation.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194676 on: December 19, 2020, 09:19:02 am »

Protip:

Add about 1tsp of salt to the water of your boiling kettle when making boiled eggs.  This will do 2 things.

1) Eggs will not split when boiling.
2) shell will easily peel off.

Reason:  Turgor pressure.   When you do not have salt in the water, the egg's membrane absorbs water through the shell, to try and make the electrolyte concentration inside the lumen equal to that in the water outside, and this causes it to apply pressure against the shell.  As it cooks, the lumen also expands a bit naturally, and the combination of the two can cause the shell to crack from the internal pressure. When you add the salt, the OPPOSITE happens; The egg tries to expel water through the shell and egg membrane, REDUCING pressure inside the egg. This causes the egg membrane to slightly come away from the surface of the egg shell when it cooks, allowing the egg to be more easily peeled.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194677 on: December 19, 2020, 12:52:46 pm »

Is there something special about the ice coffee you like or is it just the usual coffee + ice + copious cream and sugar?

Mm, I like a couple of styles: Vietnamese and New Orleans. I didn't try the latter until the pandemic; apparently it has chicory in it. It's good enough (and expensive enough LOL) that I want to learn to make it for myself.

The former supposedly also has chicory, but I think it also has vanilla. At any rate: Uncle Veckles is going to be making some coffee.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194678 on: December 19, 2020, 01:34:14 pm »

Had some men time with peter alone. Watched the croods 2 and he loved it. I loved sharing some alone time with him! He is an awesome little dude.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194679 on: December 19, 2020, 01:51:46 pm »

Huh, very fancy and shiny! I've never bothered to figure out if there are any intricacies to coffee-making besides taking hot bean juice and turning it into a hot milkshake.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194680 on: December 19, 2020, 01:55:10 pm »

Had some men time with peter alone. Watched the croods 2 and he loved it. I loved sharing some alone time with him! He is an awesome little dude.

This is what is best in life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194681 on: December 19, 2020, 01:59:10 pm »

To defeat my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194682 on: December 19, 2020, 02:13:29 pm »

To defeat my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women?

Oh that was a good day too!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194683 on: December 19, 2020, 02:47:26 pm »

Huh, very fancy and shiny! I've never bothered to figure out if there are any intricacies to coffee-making besides taking hot bean juice and turning it into a hot milkshake.

Yeah! Personally, coffee is usually too sour/acidic for me, but it feels like when I add enough milk to fix that -- although it isn't all that much -- it doesn't have the same coffee aroma. But I tried these fancy versions at local places and they were either more concentrated (Vietnamese version) or still had a strong aroma without being too sour or sweet (New Orleans version).

I never thought I would be a coffee drinker, but hey, grad school . . . is definitely grad school . . .

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194684 on: December 19, 2020, 03:57:57 pm »

Yesss I'm pretty fond of sharp bitter tastes, also increasingly hot spices.
(Wait, spinach has a strong taste?  ...Oh, I can taste it, so probably.  get on my collards-tier)

Back when I hung out with people in person, one of my favorite outings was to a strange highly-modern downtown... bar?  Where you swiped your card, and they handed you a paycard, then offered you a glass and a wall of taps.  Self-serve beer.  Each tap had a complicated description, followed by ABV and IBU.

They had one with an absurdly high IBU compared to all the rest, and we all had to try some (You could try as little as you wanted, was the cool concept of the place!).  Everyone else found it despicable, but I kinda dug it...  TBH it was a *bit* much, and kinda tasted like drinking lawn grass, but in a perverse way that was enjoyable.  Not to mention a flex on my friends~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 12977 12978 [12979] 12980 12981 ... 13326