Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12967 12968 [12969] 12970 12971 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15866628 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194520 on: November 10, 2020, 03:42:35 am »

A trainwreck cheered me up greatly this morning, I have to apologize because the link is in Dutch.
To summarize, (I hope this makes sense) A metro derailed, and instead of crashing down and causing a major disaster, it got stuck on a massive sculpture of a whale instead, and nobody was hurt:

https://nos.nl/artikel/2354863-metro-rijdt-door-stopblok-spijkenisse-en-balanceert-hoog-boven-water.html

How the hell did the train even end up there? Did it take a wrong turn 200 meters further back, or was it actually supposed to stop on top of that thing?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194521 on: November 10, 2020, 08:50:15 am »

It overshot the end of the track, apparently. Not entirely sure how that happens, but the driver is very lucky.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #194522 on: November 11, 2020, 01:58:57 pm »

It's been a while. In fact, since the last time I was here I quit my job in the middle of a global pandemic (they didn't really offer me much of a choice), got a new, better job at a company where I've worked before, taught myself C# and built a quarter of an RTS game from the ground up, taken up gardening, and still not got my driver's license.

Mostly they're good things. There have definitely been downs, but I'm surprised by how decent things have been all things considered.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194523 on: November 11, 2020, 09:57:56 pm »

Well... good to hear it's going a'ight and the plague hasn't gotcha', heh. Best of luck for things to keep steady for yeh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194524 on: November 12, 2020, 07:44:25 am »

Welcome back Arx. I am very jealous.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194525 on: November 12, 2020, 08:29:24 am »

Found my wallet! Was in the pocket of one of my pants, however it was in one of the front pocket instead of one of the back ones. And I already searched that pant. I think pete was playing a hide and seek on another whole level.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #194526 on: November 12, 2020, 08:48:07 am »

I was reminded that this thing exists. It's pretty good, and I think people should go through it at least once. (I'll probably put this somewhere else as well for long-term keeping; the emotion threads are practically ephemeral, even if every word is stored forever on Bay12's servers.)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194527 on: November 12, 2020, 09:20:09 am »

I watched it until my phone browser crashed.

Anyway, I blame the rise of individualism.
Love, scriver~

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #194528 on: November 12, 2020, 04:26:09 pm »

Just finished up running a mafia game on these forums for the first time in years. I'd forgotten how much fun it was to run those!

I'm hoping we can get a bit of a revival going on in the Mafia sub-forum. It's been quiet for too long.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194529 on: November 12, 2020, 05:03:39 pm »

I mean, Im game, but I suspect Im too much of a free-will poster to be of use.  Ya'll into some very analytical things.

I was reminded that this thing exists. It's pretty good, and I think people should go through it at least once. (I'll probably put this somewhere else as well for long-term keeping; the emotion threads are practically ephemeral, even if every word is stored forever on Bay12's servers.)
A great refresher on game theory and a reminder of why I should be a nicer person.

Also, please do note that I cheated each ai on the last turn of our game.  Always.  Except for always cheat.  Fuck him.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 05:05:34 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194530 on: November 12, 2020, 06:19:36 pm »

It's actually the rise in the amount of interactions. When you only interact with a few people, repeat interactions matter more, but with higher density of interactions, all that matters much less, since if you're interacting with 100 people rather than 10 then previous interactions matter less.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194531 on: November 12, 2020, 06:34:25 pm »

It's actually the rise in the amount of interactions. When you only interact with a few people, repeat interactions matter more, but with higher density of interactions, all that matters much less, since if you're interacting with 100 people rather than 10 then previous interactions matter less.

Yeah. Small town vs big city dynamics. Also there's little trust around because most people don't have city-wide individual reputations to show to others and hold them accountable. Leads to very possessive, protective, cautious social situation.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #194532 on: November 13, 2020, 02:09:06 pm »

Just pulled a mudcake out of the oven! Here's hoping I didn't accidentally make brownies.

Also, new Helluva Boss episode announced, "coming soon", so presumably end of this month.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194533 on: November 13, 2020, 02:25:45 pm »

I was hoping Hazbin Hotel would be the one getting the animation resources and get the first episodes out, that was the better pilot of the two IMO.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #194534 on: November 13, 2020, 02:37:55 pm »

Since Hazbin got picked up, you probably won't hear from it until they're ready air them one episode per week.

And the episodes would be two to three times as long, higher quality, and likely treated as a magnum opus.

EDIT: It appears I have in fact made brownies. Curses.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 02:42:22 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 12967 12968 [12969] 12970 12971 ... 13326