Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12958 12959 [12960] 12961 12962 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15871058 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [AWOO] PREMIUM AWOOZONE put your awoos in here (Happy thread)
« Reply #194385 on: October 09, 2020, 08:09:00 pm »

I still find it strange to mix macaroni and potatoes like that but hey, whatever works for you!  I love curry in my mashed potato low-effort lunches, more than in noodles.  It's obviously good in rice, that goes without saying.

Maybe it was the cheese?  I don't know if I've had curry with cheese.  Yogurt-sauce of course, but not cheese.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194386 on: October 09, 2020, 08:27:27 pm »

Why the fuck would you combine a mushy food with another mushy food that’s just madness.

More power to you I guess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194387 on: October 09, 2020, 08:38:24 pm »

Have you met my good friend shepherd's pie?  Or layered cake?  or clam chowder in a breadbowl?  Or strips of turkey mixed into mashed potatoes and stuffing with some gravy on top? mmmmmmmm Thanksgiving is almost here ya'll.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194388 on: October 09, 2020, 08:45:58 pm »

I think the issue is the perceived lack of flavour and other texture.

Could just be mixing macaroni with anything. I’ve had mac and cheese pizza and it’s not great because of the weirdness of the macaroni.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #194389 on: October 09, 2020, 08:59:58 pm »

Mac and cheese as a pizza topping is indeed kinda' meh. Pizza as a mac and cheese ingredient is much better. You take a bowl of mac & cheese, then you cook a (smaller) pizza, dice it up, and mix it into the mac. Pretty good.

Any case, the mashed potatoes into M&C mostly just makes it really filling. It's less a mashed potatoes specific thing and more just applying a thickening agent (my default being instant mashed potatoes) to a bowl of M&C, to make it like... hell, I've never figured out the name for it but the texture's similar to what happens when you fry the outside of a ball of mashed potatoes, which is just amazing when done right. Got a good bit extra heft to it, in any case.

It does dilute the flavor a bit if you don't do anything else, but, y'know, you can do something else. More cheese, usually. Other stuff.

E: Though the actual answer (at least the first time I did it) for why you'd mix a mushy food with another mushy food was "Because they were both there and I wanted to see what happened when you put both in a bowl and stirred." Most of my cooking experimentation over the years has basically boiled down to that. I'll have one thing I'll eat and another thing I'll eat and welp time to see what happens if you jam them together. Most of the time it's alright, sometimes I find something I really like.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:04:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194390 on: October 09, 2020, 09:03:22 pm »

Why the fuck would you combine a mushy food with another mushy food that’s just madness.

More power to you I guess.

Isn't this the very definition of a banana smoothie?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194391 on: October 10, 2020, 01:20:09 am »

More of a moment of discovery, but I suppose it's a positive move so I'm posting it in this thread.

I'm beginning to realise a lot of my issues from when I was younger might actually have been from trauma responses (I had a lot of "little" traumas rather than any big ones) and perhaps early development of my current depression and anxiety. With that in mind I'm finding it easier to forgive younger me for the various screwups he made.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194392 on: October 10, 2020, 01:27:25 am »

mail me 500ml of sanitarium marmite and we might be on to something here
ಠ_ಠ   

I would die before I touch that trash. If you want I'll send you a jar of the One True Yeast Spread to cleanse you of such heresy, but otherwise the deal is off.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194393 on: October 10, 2020, 01:47:28 am »

Silence you two, or I will send you economy size peanut butter.

(SAM's club is sad. No idea what Vegemite is.  It's even more sad for marmite. Returns results for a broiler/fondue pot.  Very sad. All the peanut butter in bulk you could hork down though. Welcome to America bitches.)

Amazon at least knows what it is. You can get it in a freaking garbage pail sized container.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 01:53:14 am by wierd »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194394 on: October 10, 2020, 01:53:36 am »

Well... is it crunchy? ???   
Because economy size peanut butter doesn't sound like any kind of punishment, assuming it's the crunchy kind.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194395 on: October 10, 2020, 01:55:15 am »

Either or.

I personally prefer creamy, as crunchy tears the bread all up. (Better for making cookies though.)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194396 on: October 10, 2020, 03:30:21 pm »

More of a moment of discovery, but I suppose it's a positive move so I'm posting it in this thread.

I'm beginning to realise a lot of my issues from when I was younger might actually have been from trauma responses (I had a lot of "little" traumas rather than any big ones) and perhaps early development of my current depression and anxiety. With that in mind I'm finding it easier to forgive younger me for the various screwups he made.

That *is* good news.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #194397 on: October 11, 2020, 11:11:55 pm »

My child's expected date of delivery is Halloween. I couldn't ask for a spookier kid.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194398 on: October 12, 2020, 12:27:49 am »

Congratulations!

But be careful what you wish for! Spooky kids are very spooky.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194399 on: October 12, 2020, 12:30:27 am »

My child's expected date of delivery is Halloween. I couldn't ask for a spookier kid.
Jesus. Three weeks delivery time? Are you ordering it from China?
Pages: 1 ... 12958 12959 [12960] 12961 12962 ... 13326