Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12864 12865 [12866] 12867 12868 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15875179 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK] BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA (Happy thread)
« Reply #192975 on: April 27, 2020, 06:30:32 pm »

Does horse taste any good?

Yes. I've had the chance to taste horse some years ago, it wasn't anything extraordinary but still quite tasty and very tender.

edit: Those moon photos are spectacular ChairmanPoo!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:33:16 pm by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FBK]🍔 BIG FUBUKING HAMBAHGA 🍔(Happy thread)
« Reply #192976 on: April 27, 2020, 07:43:26 pm »

There's an xkcd for everything.

Yeah, but it's just that one.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192977 on: April 27, 2020, 11:58:35 pm »

Does horse taste any good?

Hamburger meat is divine and the best. It's smoked, though, and I've never tried any other kind of horse, so I can't speak for horse meat in general.

Tomato is a vegetable, unless you're willing to accept that bell peppers and squash are fruit.
bell peppers and squash are fruits, as are tomatoes. Fruits are the part of the plant that contains the seeds. The ovules of the plant. Vegetable can refer to numerous different plant parts. Fruit has a botanical definition, so why not use the word fruit to describe that part?

Well you see, when the botanists made up their definition they stole words that already had a pre-existing definition, then changed the meaning of them, and then decided that their new definition was right even though it contradicted popular usage of the words.

And they simply did not have the right to do so. Therefore the botanical definition is wrong and it's arrogant to use it, or at least if one demand that they overrule the true meaning. If they wanted to arbitrarily make up definitions they should have made up new words.
Love, scriver~

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #192978 on: April 28, 2020, 12:20:27 am »

EDIT: Actually, this is supposed to be a happy place, and taking you off the ignore list was a mistake.  So, feel free to continue insulting me and anyone else who uses technical terminology in hypocritical ways.  I'll head back off to my own little corner.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:35:06 am by Culise »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192979 on: April 28, 2020, 12:40:19 am »

For a guy who jokingly joked about he definition earlier I'm thinking you took my post a little too seriously.

But otherwise you're only right about apples. Computers are computers because they compute just like a person who computer does, so there is no discrepancy. And the entire rest of the world already agrees that Americans are wrong about corn and that calling maize corn is just absolutely out there unless you're referring to the individual maize corns of the cob
Love, scriver~

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #192980 on: April 28, 2020, 01:21:27 am »

Guys please don't get weird at each other over definitions of food and stuff, joking or not. This is supposed to be a nice place and with how things are out in the world right now I think we could all use nice things.

Try to give each other a bit more patience and thought if you can, just because things are stressful doesn't mean we need to stay on edge everywhere.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [🧼👏] Wash your hands, not your pons (Happy thread)
« Reply #192981 on: April 28, 2020, 01:43:49 am »

But this scene is golden
(I'm so used to removing timestamps)
But that was super heartwarming, words aside.  Heck, it's a celebration.
(I hesitate to call it real, but it was certainly positive)

A little late, but notice the most deflated-looking person in that video was Jerry Springer. He didn't get the spectacle they're always hoping for.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #192982 on: April 28, 2020, 01:47:02 am »

Santullan Quarry
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Castle and Cathedral

Castle and Watchtower
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:49:16 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192983 on: April 28, 2020, 01:50:48 am »

Can you put image size tags on those damn things? I have a 1920x1080 resolution and the things are over 4 times as tall as my monitor at the default browser zoom size, and I have to open them in a separate tab to view them. Just put a link if they're going to be that big, and we can't see them in that resolution anyway.

This is a note for everyone: always put image size tags on so that they actually fit in the browser window.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:56:44 am by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #192984 on: April 28, 2020, 01:53:32 am »

Can you put image size tags on those damn things? I have a 1920x1080 resolution and the things are over 4 times as tall as my monitor at the default browser zoom size, and I have to open them in a separate tab to view them. Just put a link if they're going to be that big, and we can't see them in that resolution anyway.

This is a note for everyone: always put image size tags on so that they actually fit in the browser window.
I tried but I can't figure the correct syntax for this forum :/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192985 on: April 28, 2020, 01:55:25 am »

Code: [Select]
[img width=800]
Or height, you only need one and it calculates the other

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192986 on: April 28, 2020, 02:34:31 am »

Actually, scriver, ORIGINALLY originally fruit meant anything that was food produced by a plant. Grain is fruit too, hence all the "fruited plains" in America. There's usage of it that way in the Bible too. It's not just a definition that botanists made up.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #192987 on: April 28, 2020, 03:00:31 am »

Santullan Quarry

Castle and Cathedral

Castle and Watchtower
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192988 on: April 28, 2020, 03:51:57 am »

Actually, scriver, ORIGINALLY originally fruit meant anything that was food produced by a plant. Grain is fruit too, hence all the "fruited plains" in America. There's usage of it that way in the Bible too. It's not just a definition that botanists made up.
Botany is always full of fruits. I hate that department.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #192989 on: April 28, 2020, 06:04:56 am »

That castle looks like it was assaulted by someone wielding a huge laser cutter, and afterwards used as a cheap lighthouse foundation
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 12864 12865 [12866] 12867 12868 ... 13326