Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12849 12850 [12851] 12852 12853 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15866858 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: [🧼👏] Wash your hands, not your pons (Happy thread)
« Reply #192750 on: April 05, 2020, 10:27:35 am »

The pieces of my new computer should all be arriving within the week! I'm so excited eeeee. No more compromises! No more long load times! I might actually get back into CG art, now that rendering a single frame won't take multiple days!

It's kind of hilarious that I ordered a "medium" sized case and it could fit my mom's computer, my laptop and my wife's laptop inside it at the same time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192751 on: April 05, 2020, 01:27:28 pm »

Yeah my mum is a coeliac, so she can’t have gluten, and the breads she can buy that are gluten-free are all kinds of awful.

You basically have to toast it and put lots of some type of spread on it for it to be close to pleasant, and it usually doesn’t get close.

I guess the silver-lining is you get to experiment on trying to make edible gluten-free breads? ‘cause if you manage that, start a company ‘cause you’ll make millions.

My celiac boss was a bit horrified when he saw me just eating cheese like it wasn't going to affect me, after he learned I have lactose intolerance (pills ~halve the duration and seriousness of the symptoms, and you can eventually train your body to just get mostly used to lactose again). I'm vaguely curious how the mechanisms are different/similar between different types of "can't eat x" diseases.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192752 on: April 05, 2020, 03:21:06 pm »

Oh man I missed all the OT discussions.  You guys know that basically everyone in the old testament era completely exaggerated their military conquests, right?  Also it doesn't even pass the self-consistency test: look at all the many passages where the Israelites "completely wiped X off the planet, leaving none alive" but like two chapters later they are intermarrying with X and getting in trouble for setting up altars to the gods of X.  So these calls to "wipe out X" are not as genocidal as people think.

Re: volcano god: even though I'm a Christian, I still from time to time ponder the similarities between biblical symbolism and aliens.  Being taken up to the sky, people appearing and disappearing suddenly, etc. A bush that is sparkly but not burning sounds like a hologram or something.  I'm sure there is some interesting fiction out there along these lines; I've never looked for any though.  I mean some of the stuff in Ezekiel and the non-canonical book of Enoch is downright sci-fi.  Wheels-in-wheels flying around the sky and such.

Re:
My celiac boss
I suddenly imagine the boss monster of some video game, made out of wheat.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192753 on: April 05, 2020, 05:43:22 pm »

I suddenly imagine the boss monster of some video game, made out of wheat.

He's just weak to wheat damage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #192754 on: April 05, 2020, 05:55:21 pm »

literally atomicrops final boss heh

pretty sure on both of those even
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192755 on: April 05, 2020, 08:31:26 pm »

Celiac vs Crones

The battle of the shitlords
(No matter who wins, it all runs downhill)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #192756 on: April 06, 2020, 04:45:22 am »

Bought a repair kit to fix my Switch's drifting joystick issue and went to fix it last night. I tried to clean the existing joystick to see if it would help, but I ended up breaking a part that held everything together. Tossed the old joystick and replaced it with a new one from the kit. Put the joy con back together*, but the new joystick didn't work. Disassembled again and realized I had plugged the wrong ribbon cable into where the joystick's was supposed to go, and the joystick's cable led pointlessly under the circuit board. Got the cable out from under and plugged the other cable into its proper slot. Reassemble, doesn't work, disassemble. The joystick's ribbon cable looks like it's attached, but upon closer inspection I left it sitting on top of where it's supposed to go. Got it properly locked in place, reassembled, and now it works. Lots of frustration along the way, but the reward was that much sweeter.

*After a lot of wasted time trying to figure out why one of my screws was shorter than the others, and why the other controller didn't have any short screws. Turns out it belonged to the joy con's minus button (which I unnecessarily unscrewed by mistake) and I had put the wrong screw back.

Today I used the Y00 screwdriver from the kit to open up my Wii and remove a Gamecube CD that had been jammed in the disk drive for a couple of years. This went without incident, and now I can finally play Super Mario Galaxy 2 (once I'm spending less time on the new Animal Crossing, anyway.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 04:50:10 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192757 on: April 06, 2020, 07:56:22 am »

Bought a repair kit to fix my Switch's drifting joystick issue and went to fix it last night. I tried to clean the existing joystick to see if it would help, but I ended up breaking a part that held everything together. Tossed the old joystick and replaced it with a new one from the kit. Put the joy con back together*, but the new joystick didn't work. Disassembled again and realized I had plugged the wrong ribbon cable into where the joystick's was supposed to go, and the joystick's cable led pointlessly under the circuit board. Got the cable out from under and plugged the other cable into its proper slot. Reassemble, doesn't work, disassemble. The joystick's ribbon cable looks like it's attached, but upon closer inspection I left it sitting on top of where it's supposed to go. Got it properly locked in place, reassembled, and now it works. Lots of frustration along the way, but the reward was that much sweeter.

*After a lot of wasted time trying to figure out why one of my screws was shorter than the others, and why the other controller didn't have any short screws. Turns out it belonged to the joy con's minus button (which I unnecessarily unscrewed by mistake) and I had put the wrong screw back.

Today I used the Y00 screwdriver from the kit to open up my Wii and remove a Gamecube CD that had been jammed in the disk drive for a couple of years. This went without incident, and now I can finally play Super Mario Galaxy 2 (once I'm spending less time on the new Animal Crossing, anyway.)
Names of a good vendor to buy from? I have two joycons w/ drift rn.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192758 on: April 06, 2020, 07:58:49 am »

My first generation switch (with fusee geelee exploitable RCM) has drifty left joycon. :(

I have been playing with the driftyness for a while now...  Is it cheaper just to get a new joycon?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192759 on: April 06, 2020, 11:12:45 am »

My left joycon has the same issue. Recalibrating it doesn't seem to help much.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #192760 on: April 06, 2020, 11:44:09 am »

I got this one. There are a bunch of cheaper ones that I didn't notice. Search for "joycon stick replacement" on Amazon. This one is very cheap, but there are only 3 reviews on it.

Is it cheaper just to get a new joycon?
New Joycons cost ~$85. Replacement joysticks cost ~$10.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192761 on: April 06, 2020, 06:26:34 pm »

I quit my shitty call center job, but just now I got a call from HR and they've offered me an admin role instead XD

I guess quitting pays off sometimes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192762 on: April 06, 2020, 06:47:13 pm »

I got this one. There are a bunch of cheaper ones that I didn't notice. Search for "joycon stick replacement" on Amazon. This one is very cheap, but there are only 3 reviews on it.

Kind of a bad time to be supporting Amazon, though.

Edit: On-topic, today was pretty good, for a day I started by entering the building I was working in through the window, and then panicked trying to find the code to let customers in. At least I'll work less later in the week, because it was a 10-hour day that started at least an hour before dawn.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:13:38 pm by Iduno »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192763 on: April 06, 2020, 07:16:16 pm »

oh boy, what is Amazon doing now:

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192764 on: April 06, 2020, 07:23:15 pm »

oh boy, what is Amazon doing now:
Remember when they fired that strike leader? Yeah, they're also doing a whole buncha worker mistreatment on top of that by not making their contract warehouses provide PPE, as far as I can tell.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 12849 12850 [12851] 12852 12853 ... 13326