Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12844 12845 [12846] 12847 12848 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15865143 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Baka] Cirno was here but have these wings instead. (Happy thread)
« Reply #192675 on: March 28, 2020, 03:27:57 pm »

I once had a large pet zucchini (Zuke), but sadly he got squashed.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #192676 on: March 28, 2020, 03:44:10 pm »

I sense a valuable life lesson concerning what to do when life gives you lemons...

Also, very funny. No doubt an extension of the animosity between radishes and squashes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192677 on: March 28, 2020, 04:20:46 pm »

Also, very funny. No doubt an extension of the animosity between radishes and squashes.
this is more likely a joke about how zucchini is one of the many cultivars of the species of squash we call summer squash, as are pumpkins, spaghetti squash and others. The species is variable and humans have bred plenty of varieties. The species name is Cucurbita pepo

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192678 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:21 pm »

this is more likely a joke about how zucchini is one of the many cultivars of the species of squash we call summer squash, as are pumpkins, spaghetti squash and others. The species is variable and humans have bred plenty of varieties. The species name is Cucurbita pepo

Uh, yes. I think Dwarfy understood, and was making his own joke.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192679 on: March 28, 2020, 04:25:08 pm »

oh, whoops. Not many people I talk to know that zucchini are squash, or pumpkins, or thst they are the same species

Uh, yes. I think Dwarfy understood, and was making his own joke.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192680 on: March 28, 2020, 04:40:27 pm »

No worries  ;) I'm only occasionally as ignorant as I seem.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192681 on: March 28, 2020, 05:59:05 pm »

@Joshua

Drat.

If anyone wants to run on Hyperion, let me know. Got a nice bunch of people I've been playing with for around 5 years now. They are sprout-friendly, always down to help do stuff.

In-game-name is Dunamis Mavros.

Aw, crap. Creating a new character name. The worst part of joining anything. And I have to go 3 or more rounds with the stupid reCAPTCHA bot for each guess? Hasn't someone cracked reCAPTCHA yet?

Edit: I gave it a second try, which is the most I'm willing to do, and accidentally guessed an unused character name.

Edit2: The installer takes about 30 seconds, uses 0% of the 40 GB it needed free, and the launcher says it isn't installed. That's a good sign. And I've done it 3 times. Because Square-Enix's downloader downloads a launcher, which downloads the game, and also doesn't know where it installed it. Efficient and smart. Great. This is a very good sign of a quality game.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:40:46 pm by Iduno »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192682 on: March 28, 2020, 06:52:44 pm »

A fellow employee has started saying hello to me, smiling, and laughing at everything I say. I now understand these could be signs.
Some new temps started also. One, a hot medicine student, talked to me at length and laughed genuinely at all my weird jokes, which is always nice. Another one of the temps was smiling at me on and off and shouted "bye [my name]!!" with a grin as she went away. I have no idea how she knew my name. I don't recall speaking to her.

Anyway, wacky day. And I'm not saying any of the above means anything. But best case scenario, three good looking and intelligent girls are into me. Worst case scenario three people were nice and in two instances enjoyable to talk to. Both are happies.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192683 on: March 28, 2020, 07:16:32 pm »

@Joshua

Drat.

If anyone wants to run on Hyperion, let me know. Got a nice bunch of people I've been playing with for around 5 years now. They are sprout-friendly, always down to help do stuff.

In-game-name is Dunamis Mavros.

Aw, crap. Creating a new character name. The worst part of joining anything. And I have to go 3 or more rounds with the stupid reCAPTCHA bot for each guess? Hasn't someone cracked reCAPTCHA yet?

Edit: I gave it a second try, which is the most I'm willing to do, and accidentally guessed an unused character name.

Edit2: The installer takes about 30 seconds, uses 0% of the 40 GB it needed free, and the launcher says it isn't installed. That's a good sign. And I've done it 3 times. Because Square-Enix's downloader downloads a launcher, which downloads the game, and also doesn't know where it installed it. Efficient and smart. Great. This is a very good sign of a quality game.

That's odd. I downloaded it, installed it, uninstalled it, and then redownloaded and reinstalled it on a new ssd that I had; no issues each time.

A fellow employee has started saying hello to me, smiling, and laughing at everything I say. I now understand these could be signs.
Some new temps started also. One, a hot medicine student, talked to me at length and laughed genuinely at all my weird jokes, which is always nice. Another one of the temps was smiling at me on and off and shouted "bye [my name]!!" with a grin as she went away. I have no idea how she knew my name. I don't recall speaking to her.

Anyway, wacky day. And I'm not saying any of the above means anything. But best case scenario, three good looking and intelligent girls are into me. Worst case scenario three people were nice and in two instances enjoyable to talk to. Both are happies.

That's because you're living in a Truman Show-esque reality tv show. The viewers are getting bored so the director has decided that a new romance arc is required. Of course, they don't know what'll stick so they just march out all the prospective heroines all at once to see where things go.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192684 on: March 28, 2020, 07:23:05 pm »

It does seem that way. I was thinking of the old bus metaphor myself, though  :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #192685 on: March 28, 2020, 09:48:41 pm »

It does seem that way. I was thinking of the old bus metaphor myself, though  :P

What's that?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192686 on: March 28, 2020, 09:52:34 pm »

What's that?
same question here, I’ve heard of the Truman show, which is a movie, a very interesting movie

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192687 on: March 29, 2020, 01:18:37 am »

My girlfriend trimmed and dyed my hair. I'm the proud owner of blue ends and streaks. It turned out really well.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192688 on: March 29, 2020, 01:22:12 am »

Oh heck yeah!  Welcome to having dyed hair!  In my experience it worked out far better than I expected.  I went "purple" but it quickly went pink, which turned out to work almost better.  A partial dying is probably smarter, easier to cut it off if you have to, but I think you're going to enjoy this.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192689 on: March 29, 2020, 01:22:58 am »

Congratulations! Enjoy thy styling hair.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 12844 12845 [12846] 12847 12848 ... 13326