Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12843 12844 [12845] 12846 12847 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15863721 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: [Baka] Cirno was here but have these wings instead. (Happy thread)
« Reply #192660 on: March 28, 2020, 11:18:47 am »

But for reals though, the 1-50 content is the epitome of JRPG generic cheese. They had a huuuuuuuge flop from when it originally released, and were too scared to put too much effort/money into it.

It did well and they went ham thereafter to great effect.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192661 on: March 28, 2020, 11:56:27 am »

But for reals though, the 1-50 content is the epitome of JRPG generic cheese. They had a huuuuuuuge flop from when it originally released, and were too scared to put too much effort/money into it.

How long does it take to get to 50 normally?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192662 on: March 28, 2020, 12:02:49 pm »

You can do it in a week fairly casual, they upped xp and such so that you have to do exactly zero sidequests, can just power through on Main Story Quests.

Some of the sidequests are good, though. They work in puns beautifully. One quest to fight Ifrit is "Ifrit bleeds, we can kill it". Another quest for carpentry is called "Birch, please". There's also "Fear and Odin in the Shroud" (the shroud is the name of the area of forest you fight him in). One of the Black Mage class quests is "You'll Never Go Back".

They have fun with it.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192663 on: March 28, 2020, 12:17:12 pm »

You can do it in a week fairly casual, they upped xp and such so that you have to do exactly zero sidequests, can just power through on Main Story Quests.

Some of the sidequests are good, though. They work in puns beautifully. One quest to fight Ifrit is "Ifrit bleeds, we can kill it". Another quest for carpentry is called "Birch, please". There's also "Fear and Odin in the Shroud" (the shroud is the name of the area of forest you fight him in). One of the Black Mage class quests is "You'll Never Go Back".

They have fun with it.

Yeah, side quests in most games are the best ones. I wouldn't mind seeing a game just hand out the reward (including story) from main quest stuff if you had done enough other stuff.

Edit: $60 + a monthly fee? Sounds like something I should have gotten interested in while it was on sale.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:20:24 pm by Iduno »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192664 on: March 28, 2020, 12:24:12 pm »

They have fun with it.

Yeah, side quests in most games are the best ones. I wouldn't mind seeing a game just hand out the reward (including story) from main quest stuff if you had done enough other stuff.

Edit: $60 + a monthly fee? Sounds like something I should have gotten interested in while it was on sale.
oh, I thought it was free to pay, I found an MMO rouguelike called something like Chaos of the Mad Gods...I will put the link here when I find it again, it’s on history somewhere
It is called Realm of the Mad God
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 01:41:59 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192665 on: March 28, 2020, 12:46:03 pm »

They have fun with it.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/games/franchises/final-fantasy-xiv-online

It seems to still be on sale, and the first 30 days are free. Call me a sucker, but I thought if I'm going to be playing the game, I might as well pony up for the full thing, and if I'm gonna get the full thing, I might as well get it while it's on sale. Though you can play the Free Trial all the way up to level 35, so it might be sliiightly more cost efficient to wait until that point before upgrading.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192666 on: March 28, 2020, 12:47:39 pm »

Yo what server you on? I am on Hyperion.

Got some cool dudes I play with who would love to have you as well.

Also, as a DPS, I sympathize with that dungeon event. Happens sometimes, and it's fun so long as it's not like 6 times in one dungeon XD. Red Mage can act as backup heals until you get back into it, often enough, but that's up at lvl 60+ when they get very-cure.

I'm on Adamantoise. I didn't realize until way too late that choosing a world was kind of a big deal, though it seems you can pay a visit to other worlds if you want.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192667 on: March 28, 2020, 01:03:53 pm »

I went and downloaded to try out the trial for FFXIV sometime ago, but then I remembered that I am too afraid of playing with people on the itnernet to play with people on the internet
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192668 on: March 28, 2020, 01:06:26 pm »

@Joshua

Drat.

If anyone wants to run on Hyperion, let me know. Got a nice bunch of people I've been playing with for around 5 years now. They are sprout-friendly, always down to help do stuff.

In-game-name is Dunamis Mavros.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192669 on: March 28, 2020, 01:13:30 pm »

I went and downloaded to try out the trial for FFXIV sometime ago, but then I remembered that I am too afraid of playing with people on the itnernet to play with people on the internet

Yeah, next time there's a sale on something like this, someone needs to make a big deal of it and sucker of bunch of bay12 people into it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192670 on: March 28, 2020, 01:32:28 pm »

Yeah, next time there's a sale on something like this, someone needs to make a big deal of it and sucker of bunch of bay12 people into it.

I've been trying to garner interest for 6 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #192671 on: March 28, 2020, 02:09:38 pm »

You caught me with this

Well, someone on bay12 did
Love, scriver~

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #192672 on: March 28, 2020, 02:37:38 pm »

I saw that post as well, and it's pretty great.  Honestly, though, this is what came closest to snagging me. 

EDIT:
The problem for me is the combination of pay-up-front plus monthly fees.  For someone who burst-plays games then ditches them for months, it would likely get expensive fast.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:41:08 pm by Culise »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192673 on: March 28, 2020, 03:09:57 pm »

Pete adopted a lemon yesterday. It's he's pet now you see.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #192674 on: March 28, 2020, 03:17:22 pm »

Has he called it Lemony Snicket?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12843 12844 [12845] 12846 12847 ... 13326