Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12835 12836 [12837] 12838 12839 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862652 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: [Baka] Cirno was here but have these wings instead. (Happy thread)
« Reply #192540 on: March 07, 2020, 09:51:11 am »

Stuff is stuff, be it weeb or furry or what have you, and if it’s good stuff, then it’s good stuff, and if it’s bad stuff, then it’s bad stuff, it should be judged on the same level all other good or bad things are judged, and all stuff should be considered good or bad individually rather than dismissed on the basis of what culture or subculture likes or creates the stuff in question.

That being said, today’s happy is that I finally started cleaning stuff. Even though I clean for a living, cleaning my own home isn’t as easy to make yourself do, and it feels great to finally do it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192541 on: March 07, 2020, 07:53:47 pm »

Cleaning the Weeb infestation by way of (possibly nuclear) fire, you mean? Great job!

I do get what you mean, though. I did move house not long ago and the amount of trash and mess that had accumulated in my room... yikes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192542 on: March 08, 2020, 07:04:45 am »

I am all moved from my old and busted apartment into my new hotness townhouse.

Also, me and my little guy stayed up eating donuts and playing donkey kong on the SNES. I have never enjoyed anything more.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192543 on: March 08, 2020, 10:32:43 am »

Also, me and my little guy stayed up eating donuts and playing donkey kong on the SNES. I have never enjoyed anything more.
By your little guy you mean your weiner, right? 'Cause I can respect that.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192544 on: March 08, 2020, 11:08:34 am »

That's awesome Duna! Congrats on moving, and spending an awesome time with your kid.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192545 on: March 08, 2020, 01:38:34 pm »

By your little guy you mean your weiner, right? 'Cause I can respect that.

You can't eat donuts like that, not without extensive surgery.

That's awesome Duna! Congrats on moving, and spending an awesome time with your kid.

He had great fun, and that's what mattered :D
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192546 on: March 08, 2020, 08:58:31 pm »

Found some old GW Lord of the Rings figures I painted over a decade ago. Pretty weird finding the first models I ever painted, but in a nice way. Especially considering they were purchased four houses and three countries ago, that's a lot of moving for them to have never been chucked out.

I am happy to say I've improved a lot over the years when it comes to painting. One of the poor gondorian swordsmen looks like he took a bath in enamel paint I layered it on so thick back in the day. :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192547 on: March 09, 2020, 12:19:25 am »

I keep finding an old warhammer high elf archer that I painted back in my sprout days.  It does not follow what colors they are supposed to have.  It does not even follow basic color theory.

Makes me glad I never bothered painting more than a few of those.  But this guy is the last one I still have, so even though he looks like he lost a fight against a rainbow I still can't bear to throw him out when he turns up.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192548 on: March 09, 2020, 05:30:55 am »

Found some old GW Lord of the Rings figures I painted over a decade ago. Pretty weird finding the first models I ever painted, but in a nice way. Especially considering they were purchased four houses and three countries ago, that's a lot of moving for them to have never been chucked out.

I am happy to say I've improved a lot over the years when it comes to painting. One of the poor gondorian swordsmen looks like he took a bath in enamel paint I layered it on so thick back in the day. :P
I keep finding an old warhammer high elf archer that I painted back in my sprout days.  It does not follow what colors they are supposed to have.  It does not even follow basic color theory.

Makes me glad I never bothered painting more than a few of those.  But this guy is the last one I still have, so even though he looks like he lost a fight against a rainbow I still can't bear to throw him out when he turns up.
can each of you show them in the things you made thread or here?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #192549 on: March 09, 2020, 07:09:57 am »

I'd be interested in before and afters myself.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192550 on: March 09, 2020, 08:52:18 am »

I think there's an art board here somewhere.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192551 on: March 09, 2020, 03:19:22 pm »

I've been getting back on the pushbike these past few months, after a good few years of living like a glorified vegetable. Today, my lungs finally 'unplugged', and I can take a deep breath again.
Gods, does it feel good.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #192552 on: March 09, 2020, 08:00:37 pm »

I think there's an art board here somewhere.

Art Critique and Support

Random things you made

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192553 on: March 09, 2020, 11:55:08 pm »

I got a sinus infection a few days ago.

Wait, this is the happy thread, right?

Yes.  Despite that literally giving me the worst pain I've ever felt in my life from the pressure it was putting on the nerves to my upper teeth, I finally got off my butt and went to the doctor to see if I needed some antibiotics.  He seemed to think that, yes, I did.

And magically, that also cured the severe cold sensitivity in a tooth I had a filling put in almost a full year ago.  The dentist warned me that it was a bad cavity and that I might need a root canal, and that "It might take a while for the sensitivity to go away."  Six months later, same story.  Still severe pain if I drank anything even refrigerator cold and let it touch that tooth, and the dentist said to just give it time.

Well, no more!  I guess that tooth has had an infection this whole time, and that cleared it up.  I'd say it was also to blame for the sinus infection, except it was a tooth on the bottom of my mouth.

Weird.  I'm halfway expecting this to be a temporary effect for some reason and I do need that root canal later, but I'm celebrating for now.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #192554 on: March 12, 2020, 03:35:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
skadoosh
Pages: 1 ... 12835 12836 [12837] 12838 12839 ... 13326