Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12833 12834 [12835] 12836 12837 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862138 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: [Baka] Cirno was here but have these wings instead. (Happy thread)
« Reply #192510 on: March 06, 2020, 01:41:58 am »

Now I want to hear about KT's roblox story. Although it seems KT would rather not have its dread memory revived, so ah well.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192511 on: March 06, 2020, 04:11:46 am »

I hereby refrain from telling the tale of KittyTac and the Roblox player, as much as it pains me to pass up such an opportunity.   
I am glad to hear you're doing better, though, KT! :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192512 on: March 06, 2020, 05:17:26 am »

Ah, The tale of KittyTac and the Roblox player from Aesop's fables.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192513 on: March 06, 2020, 05:25:42 am »

An epic tale for the ages.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192514 on: March 06, 2020, 03:50:32 pm »

All (?) Studio Ghibli films are now on Netflix. Which means it's time for binge-rewatching and some wholesome crying, 'cause Miyazaki is a smooth operator with a firm hold on my tear ducts.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #192515 on: March 06, 2020, 05:04:37 pm »

Whenever I watch/read/play something and someone says that it drove them to tears by the end, I have an internal crisis, because the only media that ever legitimately drove me to tears were Up and that story about the doll and the tin soldier. I feel like I might have some kind of problem.

Not including all the other problems I have, of course.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192516 on: March 06, 2020, 05:22:37 pm »

Whenever I watch/read/play something and someone says that it drove them to tears by the end, I have an internal crisis, because the only media that ever legitimately drove me to tears were Up and that story about the doll and the tin soldier. I feel like I might have some kind of problem.

why would not crying be a problem

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #192517 on: March 06, 2020, 05:31:07 pm »

People watch sad things to feel sad. I am watching sad things that have driven others to tears and I feel not-sad. I don’t even know where to start on the grand list of issues that is my life to figure out where this came from.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192518 on: March 06, 2020, 05:46:41 pm »

People watch sad things to feel sad. I am watching sad things that have driven others to tears and I feel not-sad. I don’t even know where to start on the grand list of issues that is my life to figure out where this came from.
Ehh... some people do, yeah. I also don't cry at many films, books, etc. I've spent some time wondering about this, but I really don't think it necessarily indicates an issue. People's degree and modes of engagement with media vary way too much to meaningfully attribute it to much else.
One wheel short of a wagon

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192519 on: March 06, 2020, 05:52:19 pm »

There aren't that many things that make my cry. None of the Ghibli movies did that for me, except Grave of the Fireflies, and that one wasn't even directed by Miyazaki.

The masters of bring on the waterworks in Japanese media are definitely not Ghibli or Miyazaki, or even an anime or film-maker. It's the visual-novel game Studio "Key". Or more specifically, their writer Jun Maeda. Clannad is kind of the gold standard for that. The anime version is 48 episodes, and starts out cheerful enough, but that's how they get you before ripping your heart out at the end. If it's a sad movie or a show that's always sad, you're pretty much ready for it. But Key are meaner than that. The more adorable the character, the more horrible their likely fate will be.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:01:45 pm by Reelya »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192520 on: March 06, 2020, 06:01:17 pm »

Lol what. People wait until the end with crying?
Now, if you'll excuse me. I've just finished watching Nausicaa, for what might have been something like the twentieth time now, and I need to rehydrate.

The masters of bring on the waterworks in Japanese media are definitely not Ghibli or Miyazaki
Fite me. Your mirror neurons are pedestrian and your father was a hamster.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #192521 on: March 06, 2020, 06:08:35 pm »

Now, if you'll excuse me. I've just finished watching Nausicaa, for what might have been something like the twentieth time now, and I need to rehydrate.
Oh god. Nausicaa was my childhood. Yupa was my role model. My Dad collected the Manga as a child and he got his hands on them again for me. That was heavy stuff. If you haven’t, read the manga, it went on for years after the movie was made, and the movie only adapted the first two books. If I said anyhting more, I would start praising them and I wouldn’t stop.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #192522 on: March 06, 2020, 06:10:16 pm »

Normally I'm emotionally dead and cripplingly apathetic, but there are only two pieces of media that I can recall that have driven me to tears

-The documentary Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father, which also made me filled with rage
-The part in the Grisaia VN when Michiru's cat dies
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192523 on: March 06, 2020, 06:11:47 pm »

Oh god. Nausicaa was my childhood. Yupa was my role model. My Dad collected the Manga as a child and he got his hands on them again for me. That was heavy stuff. If you haven’t, read the manga, it went on for years after the movie was made, and the movie only adapted the first two books. If I said anyhting more, I would start praising them and I wouldn’t stop.
Of course I've read the manga. I'm a cultured nerd.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192524 on: March 06, 2020, 06:13:24 pm »

I'm just saying from experience. Not one Miyazaki movie has even enticed even the slightest tear from my eyes, whereas there's other anime that can do that. You just haven't seen them. They'd probably kill you if you did, if you cry at baby-level stuff like Miyazaki.
Pages: 1 ... 12833 12834 [12835] 12836 12837 ... 13326