Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12732 12733 [12734] 12735 12736 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15881962 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)
« Reply #190995 on: October 02, 2019, 07:05:07 pm »

Those are totally sane assumptions.
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190996 on: October 02, 2019, 07:05:44 pm »

@scriver
Not to mention that over-use of antibiotics is breeding resistant diseases, so it's not only a symptom of animal abuse and a waste of resources, it's jeopardizing human healthcare as well.

Thanks for the informative posts!  Small happy - we (USA) aren't literally the worst this time wooo.  at least by capita
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190997 on: October 02, 2019, 07:10:03 pm »

Yes, using more antibiotics because of worse conditions is a bad thing overall. With antibiotic resistant bacteria being unintentionally bred by overuse of them, this will cause many deadly diseases that are going to be much harder to treat.
@scriver
Not to mention that over-use of antibiotics is breeding resistant diseases, so it's not only a symptom of animal abuse and a waste of resources, it's jeopardizing human healthcare as well.

Thanks for the informative posts!  Small happy - we (USA) aren't literally the worst this time wooo.  at least by capita
While we aren’t the worst, we are regrettably pretty far down there

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190998 on: October 02, 2019, 08:37:14 pm »

We got back from a first "exploratory" mission to Colombia.
Welcome back, Baal! We'd been wondering where you'd got to.
Glad there was some good news in there, at least.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190999 on: October 02, 2019, 08:44:53 pm »

We got back from a first "exploratory" mission to Colombia.
Welcome back, Baal! We'd been wondering where you'd got to.
Glad there was some good news in there, at least.   

Oh my goodness I missed this entirely. Welcome back, and it's great to hear about your progress.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #191000 on: October 03, 2019, 12:15:55 am »

Moved into new house. Have had access to electricity for a full 24 hours nonstop for the first time in over two years.

No internet except through my phone data plan still, but the service is waaay better here in town.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191001 on: October 03, 2019, 09:29:29 am »

Hi pals! Yeah, we spent a lot of time without internet and saving up money for this trip. Thanks for worring about us!

Moved into new house. Have had access to electricity for a full 24 hours nonstop for the first time in over two years.

No internet except through my phone data plan still, but the service is waaay better here in town.

Eric are you here in Venezuela too?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 09:31:39 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191002 on: October 03, 2019, 10:28:54 am »

Hi pals! Yeah, we spent a lot of time without internet and saving up money for this trip. Thanks for worring about us!

Eric are you here in Venezuela too?
Even worse - America!

Good to hear from you, Baal. Hope all is well. :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #191003 on: October 03, 2019, 10:36:30 am »

Why were they blocking the intersection? Was it a protest of some sorta. If so, against what?

Hah! No, that would be productive, this was just people having fun by disrupting Atlanta's night life and doing hoodrat shit. To be quite honest i'll always be more fond of block parties than the whole smokey and the bandit style moving drag race thing, but some people loooooove it.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #191004 on: October 03, 2019, 11:39:36 am »

So my chain of assumption is as follows: If conditions are bad, they cause ill health. The worse the conditions, the worse the health. The worse the health, the more anti-biotics need to be used. Thus -- more antibiotics, worse conditions. Since Cyprus uses such a ludicrous amount of antibiotics, it's health standards must be ridiculously low.

I don't actually know anything about how the health standards in Cyprus is like. It's pretty much conjecture based on the above reasoning.

Would the local climate affect the usage of antibiotics?

Cyprus (or at least some parts of it) has a surprisingly harsh climate with a lot of variation even within the same day. I 've spent some months there and, no joking, in a typical winter day in the morning it's so humid and cold there is mist (sometimes thick enough to block vision beyond 5 meters), at noon it's so hot that wearing anything but t-shirts and shorts is insufferable and later at night you need to wear gloves and a winter jacket. In their long (lasting 7-8 months) summer, typical temperature range between 30 to 50 C depending on the time of day and month. When I was there, during July/August temperature at noon was ~43-48 C and during "autumn" it was ~38-40 C. And don't forget the humidity, you could have just taken a shower and 3 minutes after you had just dried yourself you were again "coated" in a slimy mix of water from the air and your own sweat.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191005 on: October 03, 2019, 12:48:00 pm »

I heard some old religious people being fairly reasonable during lunch (which is different than the normal bigotry and yelling at the waitstaff I expect to see at lunch). "Lord forgive me for saying, but I don't know how someone with so many blessings can be so miserable." They also described enough about the person they were talking about that I could tell the misery came from being a smooth-brained person who does whatever the TV says.

Probably not directly. But an environment that makes you sick more often leads to more medicine usage. Also, more usage of a medicine means it's less effective, which isn't a great cycle.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #191006 on: October 03, 2019, 12:48:43 pm »

My wife has new friends and they have a heavy bag. They let me beat up on it a bit and something wonderful happened.

The guy who owned it, who's about 6" shorter than me but still looks like he'd fuck me up said, "I wouldn't want to fight him. He's a fucking badass."

Mind you, in high school I was the loser nerd. Reinventing your self is a thing folks.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #191007 on: October 03, 2019, 03:49:04 pm »

It is always nice to be recognized.

Someone in the user above thread said I was "influential" in the lower boards. Absolutely meaningless, but did make me blush a little.
In a time before time, I had a name.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191008 on: October 03, 2019, 04:56:47 pm »

Yeah you are a minor god of the lower forums pantheon.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #191009 on: October 03, 2019, 04:59:57 pm »

I heard some old religious people being fairly reasonable during lunch (which is different than the normal bigotry and yelling at the waitstaff I expect to see at lunch). "Lord forgive me for saying, but I don't know how someone with so many blessings can be so miserable." They also described enough about the person they were talking about that I could tell the misery came from being a smooth-brained person who does whatever the TV says.

Probably not directly. But an environment that makes you sick more often leads to more medicine usage. Also, more usage of a medicine means it's less effective, which isn't a great cycle.
Well I can tell you that cooler, drier climates tend to go against invasive fungal infections during marrow transplant, which can impact antifungal prophylaxis. IIRC there was a trial (from Iceland? Or Canada maybe?) In which they tried to do it without antifungal prophylaxis at all
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 12732 12733 [12734] 12735 12736 ... 13326