Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12682 12683 [12684] 12685 12686 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808861 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: [fuk] Endlessly shooting bombs for lootboxes (Happy thread)
« Reply #190246 on: June 07, 2019, 12:44:12 am »

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/06/baldurs-gate-3-announced-from-the-creators-of-divinity-original-sin/

I haven't read the whole article cuz long, but I know it answers at least some questions. It will involve the city of baldur's gate, they're using elements of dnd 5e.
RPS: "We work hard to ensure our ads aren't a pain and they're how we're able to offer this splendid site for free. For Horace's sake, could you whitelist us?"

Adblock: "36 ads blocked on this page"

Well... At least it's not 60, right?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190247 on: June 07, 2019, 07:03:24 am »

I got to go to my first concert recently got to see A Flock Of Seagulls preform live at this pavilion thing in a park, and it was really cool would have been better if people had just sit down and not wandered around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #190248 on: June 07, 2019, 07:09:47 am »

I know little about Baldur's Gate, but Minsc and Boo are hanging out in Neverwinter Online.
I also know almost nothing about 2nd edition (besides THAC0) but isn't resurrection/true resurrection a thing?  Though that does sound terribly anticlimactic.  Maybe deities brought certain characters back for plot reasons.

Or it's just using the name, I have no idea.

Khalid doesn't want to be resurrected. That's pretty much the hand-wave explanation given of why you can't raise him from the dead again in BG2.

Anyway, I'm happy that one of my first game experiences and favourites are finally getting that second sequel.

I'm not very happy about it being made by Larian. The writing of everything they've ever done that I've played, from the original Divinity to Orignal Sins 1 and 2, have been absolutely atrocious.

I'm eagerly awaiting the confusing discussions in the fandom as the series is already called the "Baldur's Gate trilogy", referring to BG1, BG2, and BG2: Throne of Bhaal, even though the latter is just an expansion.

So. One of the old gods of gaming is coming back. One of the ancient legends, one of the greatest even with their age, is being reborn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcP0WdH7rTs&feature=youtu.be

Baldurs Gate Three.

That's right. THAT game is returning. I am actually crying.

But... Why? Or rather, how? The end of Throne of Bhaal was pretty final one way or the other, as far as the Bhaalspawn saga goes... So how is this Baldur's Gate? Will it actually involve the eponymous city again, unlike the second game? Is someone really going to make a 2nd Edition D&D game in today's market? How the fuck is Minsc going to be involved, and how the fuck can you call it Baldur's Gate if you don't have Minsc?

I have... Many questions. I'm not sure I want to know the answers. Baldur's Gate defined a very great deal of my childhood. And adulthood.

I'm guessing it will likely be at least partly based on or related to the PnP adventure that was called Murder in Baldur's Gate (or something), which reopened the bhaalspawn story, and then closed it again by bringing back Bhaal as a deity.

Me, I don't think I mind them using the name for an unrelated story much as long as it is set around Baldur's Gate. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine that BG2 was still called that when it had nothing to do with Baldur's Gate.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/06/06/baldurs-gate-3-announced-from-the-creators-of-divinity-original-sin/

I haven't read the whole article cuz long, but I know it answers at least some questions. It will involve the city of baldur's gate, they're using elements of dnd 5e.

I hope it's more than "elements of". We don't want another Legends of the Sword Coast. Never heard if it? It was a complete flop that came out a few years ago. Awful implementation of the system. Basically just slapping 5th ed terms on it for show. And Larian has not impressed me in the least with their ability to create their own systems.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190249 on: June 07, 2019, 07:42:35 am »

Khalid doesn't want to be resurrected. That's pretty much the hand-wave explanation given of why you can't raise him from the dead again in BG2.
He was tortured for days while his soul was dissected. Even if you could find enough of his essence to shove into a body, the residual trauma would leave him even more of a gibbering wreck than he was previously.

As for basing it after Murder in Baldur's Gate, that's exactly what they're doing, as stated in the article. And while I do agree that it was silly to have BG2 still carry the name, it was carrying on the story from the first one... So it made a certain sort of sense, I guess.

I got to go to my first concert recently got to see A Flock Of Seagulls preform live at this pavilion thing in a park, and it was really cool would have been better if people had just sit down and not wandered around.

And did you run? Did you run so far away?

Jesus, they're still around? I had no idea they stuck together all this time.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190250 on: June 07, 2019, 08:19:31 am »

I'm not very happy about it being made by Larian. The writing of everything they've ever done that I've played, from the original Divinity to Orignal Sins 1 and 2, have been absolutely atrocious.

Worse, perhaps: absolutely mediocre. I guessed the "twist" from the first game about 30 seconds into getting into the pocket plane. To be fair, I can't remember a twist in the Bauldur's Gate series other than "yeah, you're part god."

I hope it's more than "elements of". We don't want another Legends of the Sword Coast. Never heard if it? It was a complete flop that came out a few years ago. Awful implementation of the system. Basically just slapping 5th ed terms on it for show. And Larian has not impressed me in the least with their ability to create their own systems.

Ah, 5e. The "rules light" D&D with more pages of rules in the 2 core books than any other edition. Fewer rules, though. I think the fix for that is "pay us money for books, then make your own rules." Wait, "rulings, not rules." If there were even one company putting out decent quality RPG rules anymore... Eh, I'll just play with the old books. They still work.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190251 on: June 07, 2019, 08:26:41 am »

And did you run? Did you run so far away?

Jesus, they're still around? I had no idea they stuck together all this time.
They played that song at the end of the concert.

Apparently there's only one original member still in the band, so I guess they didn't really stick together, but apparently their still around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190252 on: June 08, 2019, 09:22:15 am »

A frog was trapped in the concrete walkdown to my apartment. I imagine it hopped down, but once down, was permanently trapped, there's no way for such a critter to ever make its way back up. I used a plastic bowel and envelope to pick it up and I walked maybe 20 yards away to release it into some bushes. The things are extremely placid to the point of being totally defenseless, barely even reacting to me picking it up, and once caught, was resigned to its fate. I hope I released it into a good spot where it can continue its froggy life.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190253 on: June 08, 2019, 11:16:22 am »

A plastic what now
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #190254 on: June 08, 2019, 05:14:26 pm »

They said they would make an artificial anus. They did not expect it to be used to transport frogs.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190255 on: June 08, 2019, 05:34:40 pm »

Goddamn my sleep addled brain spelling things phonetically and calling it good.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190256 on: June 09, 2019, 10:51:06 pm »

Fuck that made me laugh so hard I farted unexpectedly which just made it worse and I'm coughing and dizzy and if I die this is on your head!

This is a super happy because I was almost able to complete the finish without sandpaper, just rasp > file > scraper until I started driving myself nuts with a spot where the scraper kept skipping and another where it was tearing at the interface between a curve and a flat surface so I finally stopped and sanded those spots down to save most of my sanity.

I say most because I keep wanting to caress this thing which my brain wants to describe as "mantis-like" and I don't know how sane that is, though mantids can be surprisingly cute.

I once brought one inside who had a damaged antenna that was a little shorter than the other, so I put her on top of my monitor and she sprawled out on her tummy, ran her unhurt antenna through her mouth to clean it, then did the same with the hurt one BUT SHE STOPPED AND LEFT IT IN HER MOUTH LIKE SHE WAS SUCKING ON HER THUMB OR SOME SHIT AS SHE WATCHED TV, FUCK THAT IS CUTE!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190257 on: June 10, 2019, 06:14:27 pm »

Mantises are awesome. Hard stop.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190258 on: June 10, 2019, 11:14:28 pm »

My ebay special arrived today.

Very good condition PS2 fat. (to replace the one that recently failed.)

Good times playing some retro titles in the near future.  Just got to finish setting up the HDD again.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190259 on: June 11, 2019, 12:09:07 pm »

I love me the r/photoshopbattles reddit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 12682 12683 [12684] 12685 12686 ... 13326