Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12634 12635 [12636] 12637 12638 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15845900 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #189525 on: March 25, 2019, 11:58:02 pm »

There's some more, there's honestly too many balls for this juggling act of a story, and writing it down it sounds honestly kinda trite, because in my head the entire story is told through the secondhand hearsay of nearly unrelated parties and not from the characters themselves, which is harder to represent here but makes total sense and is very entertaining in my head.

You know, I once designed an RPG around this premise, albeit as a more generic version of Analogue: A Hate Story. PCs were to be dropped into derelict spaceships (and eventually space constructs of unknown origin and purpose) to figure out what happened and, if possible, salvage them; nobody actually responsible for the whatever-it-was was ever to have left behind an actual log or anything.

The limited tests I ran were promising, and yes, it was very entertaining watching them try to get into the heads of people centuries dead and figure out which AIs were only pretending to be broken.
Want.

We had shitty cable/internet issues last night/earlier today but I didn't really care because I was busy.

Naturally I'm not content at the idea of only having a single handle size available, but calling them small or large is bleh.

Unlike that fucking coffee place, I have a method to my madness. Smilodon came in three species, the smallest were called Gracilis or "graceful ones" I think, next largest Fatalis (which probably was supposed to imply it being fatal, but actually works out as fated or destined), and last but furthest from least would be Populator or "one who devastates/lays waste" and is generally the one people think of as the La Brea cats. I've got a larger Populator scale handle set aside but will need to check my stock to pick out pieces that can fit that much pattern cleanly.

I'm almost embarrassed looking at some of my old handles now. A few are still nice looking in their own way but some which I was super happy with are just funny looking after seeing how goddamn stylish and crisp these are.

Naturally when you're using hand tools you head towards a desired goal and risk errors or compromises as you close in on your finished project. Slapping a pattern on a piece of wood and running it through a bandsaw is a simple way to reproduce the same outcome each time, but the risks change from flawed results with hand work over to serious injury or impairment with powered tools. Rather than trying to exactly reproduce a pattern I try to get the identifiable features in place and see how the different grain patterns show before deciding what to accentuate or reduce to get an aesthetically pleasing piece free of flaws and defects. Just among these four I had to vary some of the features like the upper/lower horn curvature and how far the fangs wrap towards each other to avoid knots and whatnot while keeping the grain alignment necessary to withstand frequent usage. Side by side you can see some of the shaping and sizing changes, but the main differences are only clear when you hold one or the other because it's really clear when one just blends into your grip seamlessly while the other feels great but wants you to adjust to it. I could happily use a Gracilis or Populator sized handle but they don't hit exactly the right parts of my hand with exactly the right shapes and textures like a Fatalis does for me, or the missus' custom Neofelis does for her little fingers. Saw handle sizing is a remarkably complicated task!

All in all I'm pretty happy with how these are progressing, now if only I could figure out why my thinkmeat wants to call the little ridge+hollow transitions "boning" because I can't find any similar usage of the term outside of shit like girdle inlays, the fuck is going on up there, brain?
You set up your naming system based off Smilodon names, this is awesome and I approve

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #189526 on: March 27, 2019, 06:54:36 pm »

Today was my final round of chemotherapy. Lymphoma can eat shit and die in a fire.

I have most of my treatment bracelets and an on-body Neulasta injector, and they said that the surgeon will let me keep the port once they take it out. I'm thinking of a shadowbox-style wall decoration.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189527 on: March 27, 2019, 07:03:06 pm »

Display them like medals, 100%
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189528 on: March 27, 2019, 09:45:08 pm »

After seven months of resigning myself to not having an internet-addressable server due to house wiring bullshit, I decided to spring for a powerline adapter. It was quite literally the definition of plug-and-play. Should have done this last year.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #189529 on: March 28, 2019, 01:00:45 pm »

I'm thinking of a shadowbox-style wall decoration.

Wall mounted trophy, 100%.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #189530 on: March 28, 2019, 01:55:37 pm »

*sniffs the air furtively*
Is it... Could it be...?
*pokes his head out the window, sniffs again*
That smell... This weather... Spring is here.

It is time... For Hans to garden.

This year on the To-do list: Radishes! Lil white uns. Parsnips! Heard they good panfried so fuck it, why not. MOAR CUCUMBERS, FOR I AM A CUCUMBER GROWING MAESTRO. Tomatoes! Big red ones instead of my eternal favorite little yellow cherry tomatoes. Cilantro! Cuz I DO know where tacos grow! Hopefully strawberries start coming in. And Lowe's had Kiwi plants, and I know a surprising amount of things about growing kiwis so throw them in the ring too.

Let the gardening begin!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #189531 on: March 28, 2019, 02:18:30 pm »

DON'T LET THE FALSE SPRING FOOL YOU, IT'S STILL MARCH YET
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189532 on: March 28, 2019, 02:26:23 pm »

That's why we invented plastic tarps. It'll be fine.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189533 on: March 28, 2019, 02:28:25 pm »

*sniffs the air furtively*
Is it... Could it be...?
*pokes his head out the window, sniffs again*
That smell... This weather... Spring is here.

It is time... For Hans to garden.

This year on the To-do list: Radishes! Lil white uns. Parsnips! Heard they good panfried so fuck it, why not. MOAR CUCUMBERS, FOR I AM A CUCUMBER GROWING MAESTRO. Tomatoes! Big red ones instead of my eternal favorite little yellow cherry tomatoes. Cilantro! Cuz I DO know where tacos grow! Hopefully strawberries start coming in. And Lowe's had Kiwi plants, and I know a surprising amount of things about growing kiwis so throw them in the ring too.

Let the gardening begin!
Ready!
Set!
Garden!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #189534 on: March 28, 2019, 04:50:25 pm »

Gotta be honest, gardening isn't exactly the the hobby I expected of Satan's First Commissioner.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189535 on: March 28, 2019, 05:03:51 pm »

I've been reading Spawn comics lately, and apparently worms contain pure evil as they live in the earth and never see the light of god.

Since worms are also great for the soil, I think Satan and Gardening aren't that far apart.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189536 on: March 28, 2019, 05:24:01 pm »

DON'T LET THE FALSE SPRING FOOL YOU, IT'S STILL MARCH YET

Beware the ices of March
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189537 on: March 28, 2019, 08:01:51 pm »

Gotta be honest, gardening isn't exactly the the hobby I expected of Satan's First Commissioner.

I mean, the Forbidden Fruit was grown by someone.
He's fucking with us.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #189538 on: March 29, 2019, 01:04:53 am »

There's only one thing more manly than a man who smokes two packs a day, and it's a man who smoke two packs a day and drops to zero. So this is what I'm doing right now.

Almost two weeks in, it feels like an extremely jittery apnea where you want to eat constently and can only sleep for two-three hours at a time, but my will is unbreakable (and I need to cut corners on my expenses)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189539 on: March 29, 2019, 05:55:48 am »

I suppose there's no better cold turkey than "Actually can't afford it" Cold Turkey.
Pages: 1 ... 12634 12635 [12636] 12637 12638 ... 13326