Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12587 12588 [12589] 12590 12591 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835443 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] Sssoomebody once told me- (Happy thread)
« Reply #188820 on: January 18, 2019, 06:26:28 pm »

If you can't find a mortar and pestle a spice or coffee grinder might work, or if it's something softer you need to break up nothings wrong with using a blender.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188821 on: January 18, 2019, 06:36:11 pm »

...Sorry, I just read that post as a reply to Max™.
And sorry, I can't in good conscience put a BODY over my HEAD. 
</HTML>
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188822 on: January 18, 2019, 07:24:52 pm »

Break it up into subunits and make sure the head is stored at the top, though I prefer lua anyways so the only time I screw with html is when I'm using the inspector to track down and delete a persistent page element.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #188823 on: January 18, 2019, 10:27:07 pm »

I initially read that as related to your original post regarding dismemberment.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #188824 on: January 18, 2019, 10:34:48 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188825 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:21 pm »

There is a reason people usually explain what YouTube links are, esteemed Chairman.  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188826 on: January 18, 2019, 11:27:58 pm »

I initially read that as related to your original post regarding dismemberment.
One would hope, as that is what I meant, you didn't think I was talking about something like coding, did you?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188827 on: January 19, 2019, 09:14:15 am »

After being left to "marinade" in the fridge, the sweet potato vindaloo I had for tea tastes much better. It's not that it tasted bad, but with the sweet potato being given time to absorb more flavour...

Glad I was given the vegetarian Indian cookbook. Not so glad that it asks for things I struggle to find. Including, bizarrely enough, a mortar and pestle.

Mortar and pestle is bizarre to you?

Anyway, if you don't have one you can try using a cutting board (depending on the hardness of what youre pestling) or a plate and the knubside of a fork or spoon. But I'm not taking responsibility for any cracks or broketies that might appear from uncareful mashing.

Or buy the spice in question in powder form and hope that it's good enough ;)
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188828 on: January 19, 2019, 09:25:12 am »

The bizarreness most likely comes from how difficult it is to actually find a mortar and pestle in standard cookery shops these days.

And good fuckin' luck trying to order something like a molcajete online... Yeah, sure, I'll pay a hundred bucks in shipping, why not?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188829 on: January 19, 2019, 10:02:50 am »

Just from googling "mortel" (guess what this is Swedish for) I find that you are completely wrong - even putting aside the millions of online cooking shops that came up, you even have them in stores like Ĺhlens, a common department store, IKEA, and even ClasOhlson, a hardware store, and even if you can't find it in your neighbourhood everyday grocery store you can buy it online and they'll send it to the neighbourhood everyday grocerystore for pickup. I mean I'd understand it if it was a price thing but damn it if I wasn't surprised by how cheap they were, IKEA's product only costing 100 Swedish Crowns, roughly $11. They're practically everywhere.

Also why would you order a "molcajete" online instead of just using an ordinary mortal and pestle. Do you really think having a meso/spanish name on the tag makes for any difference in taste?

Also also I googled it too and I can buy a mortal and pestle with a "molcajete" on the tag for only 450 Swedish Crowns, $50, so while that's still a stupid large amount to pay for something when you could pay 100-250 Crowns for the exact same thing without the meso/spanish word it's still not as bad as you describe it.

Conclusion - mortals and pestles are not bizarre, but they are srs bznzz
Love, scriver~

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188830 on: January 19, 2019, 01:26:05 pm »

Buying stone tools when you can make them, like I'm surrounded by crazy people!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #188831 on: January 19, 2019, 02:28:29 pm »

Buying stone tools when you can make them, like I'm surrounded by crazy people!

Calm down Captain Caveman.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #188832 on: January 19, 2019, 04:26:38 pm »

Just from googling "mortel" (guess what this is Swedish for) I find that you are completely wrong - even putting aside the millions of online cooking shops that came up, you even have them in stores like Ĺhlens, a common department store, IKEA, and even ClasOhlson, a hardware store, and even if you can't find it in your neighbourhood everyday grocery store you can buy it online and they'll send it to the neighbourhood everyday grocerystore for pickup. I mean I'd understand it if it was a price thing but damn it if I wasn't surprised by how cheap they were, IKEA's product only costing 100 Swedish Crowns, roughly $11. They're practically everywhere.

Also why would you order a "molcajete" online instead of just using an ordinary mortal and pestle. Do you really think having a meso/spanish name on the tag makes for any difference in taste?

Also also I googled it too and I can buy a mortal and pestle with a "molcajete" on the tag for only 450 Swedish Crowns, $50, so while that's still a stupid large amount to pay for something when you could pay 100-250 Crowns for the exact same thing without the meso/spanish word it's still not as bad as you describe it.

Conclusion - mortals and pestles are not bizarre, but they are srs bznzz
By a mortel you mean this? https://youtu.be/xm3ugKqiIuI
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188833 on: January 19, 2019, 04:31:24 pm »

only costing 100 Swedish Crowns... something when you could pay 100-250 Crowns ...
For some reason I have this awesome image of paying for things in actual crowns.  Like the spoils of conquering kingdoms or something.

In the voice of the Thermians*: "Those poor Swedish monarchs!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188834 on: January 19, 2019, 04:49:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 08:46:46 am by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 12587 12588 [12589] 12590 12591 ... 13326