Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12563 12564 [12565] 12566 12567 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826034 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188460 on: December 23, 2018, 03:31:31 pm »

E U P H O R I C
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188461 on: December 23, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »

E U P H O R I C
Y E S B A Y 1 2 I S
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188462 on: December 23, 2018, 03:46:07 pm »

It was a bad example.
I'm not saying your idea is bad, but do try to not get mixed up with that lot.
It might depend on what context you plucked it out of, but becoming atheist can be a traumatic experience.  Either because it's a fundamental change of world view, or because their families or communities consider them to be "that lot".

How about this:  I admit that "recovering believer" is no more respectful than referencing "euphoric" :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188463 on: December 23, 2018, 04:10:26 pm »

@Hans, have you considered writing your own, less vitriolic thing? It would let you not be associated, and probably get a better reaction.

That is a good idea and I'll add it to my list.

It was a bad example.
I'm not saying your idea is bad, but do try to not get mixed up with that lot.
It might depend on what context you plucked it out of, but becoming atheist can be a traumatic experience.  Either because it's a fundamental change of world view, or because their families or communities consider them to be "that lot".

How about this:  I admit that "recovering believer" is no more respectful than referencing "euphoric" :P

I don't know of Euphoric... Also becoming an agnostic/atheist was difficult for me and involved a lot of learning and searching for answers. Not exactly traumatic but I think I could help people.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #188464 on: December 23, 2018, 04:14:26 pm »

I saw the happy thread OP again. This nonsense pleases me. Thank you, gunnerchan.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188465 on: December 23, 2018, 04:18:21 pm »

I know a South African chick who grew up in a very religious family/community/country and coming to terms with the fact that she just... Wasn't. Coming out to her folks that she wasn't a believer was also a thing.

There are definitely folks who need that bit of open support and someone to talk to about being nonreligious. I had the privilege of being her contact, pretty much just by random chance.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #188466 on: December 23, 2018, 04:36:43 pm »

Be sure to define them in the hiccup raws or they will be magma hiccups.

I see what you referenced there

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188467 on: December 23, 2018, 04:39:01 pm »

I know a South African chick who grew up in a very religious family/community/country and coming to terms with the fact that she just... Wasn't. Coming out to her folks that she wasn't a believer was also a thing.

There are definitely folks who need that bit of open support and someone to talk to about being nonreligious. I had the privilege of being her contact, pretty much just by random chance.

Yeah, living in the Bible Belt, I'm exceptionally careful with who I tell I'm atheist. I could legit be fired over it or worse. I'd like to help support people who need it, especially since I've got personal experience with this.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #188468 on: December 23, 2018, 04:49:16 pm »

I am a theist (Christian) and yet not opposed to Hanslanda's plan here, so I wish I had some useful advice to contribute... Sadly, I do not, but I hope it works out well. Clearing up false beliefs about anything, even especially about a belief one personally disagrees with, is definitely a valuable goal.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:53:23 pm by Eschar »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188469 on: December 23, 2018, 04:51:05 pm »

Yeah, I absolutely do not oppose the good and wonderful things religion can do. I am only opposed to the modern bigotry against us apostates.
He's fucking with us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #188470 on: December 23, 2018, 04:54:18 pm »

I'd recommend joining an extant organisation over founding your own, or at least gathering a few friends before doing so. Effecting change by yourself is very difficult unless you're already rich and influential; there's strength and safety in numbers. For example, it's good to have a lawyer at your back if you indeed do get fired over the activism, and flyers are expensive unless bought in the kind of bulk you need several pairs of hands to distribute.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188471 on: December 23, 2018, 07:19:29 pm »

GOD JUL ALLA GODINGAR
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188472 on: December 23, 2018, 09:15:42 pm »

When you say "my cousin's lesbian wife" instead of "my lesbian cousin's wife" it makes it sound like your cousin isn't also lesbian and it's a unrequited relationship :P
I'm not sure it does, but I actually said it that way because I have 2 lesbian cousins.  On the same side, no less!  (and who knows however many on the other side of the family)  This one came out *much* later than the other, but still.
Gives new meaning to Shotgun Wedding...
I keep misreading this as Shogun wedding due to the caps.
... any case, I just figured the cousin's bi and their wife isn't. Would make the phrasing make more or less perfect sense.
I... actually don't know, and neither of them said!  Haha, guess it didn't come up while discussing power grids (:
Don't be silly, bi people don't exist. I mean, have you ever seen me? No? Exactly.
Why do you think we claim purple?  Y'ever seen a purple humie?
(I'm pan of course but I don't mind wearing the bi label too)
It also opens up the possibility that Rolan's cousin has multiple wives, the rest of whom are not lesbians.
I was only invited to the one wedding, but technically I suppose we don't know!
this is sounding more and more like a queer harem anime

Interesting. :V
I'm so happy for them and uninterested in details DX
I am not attracted to lesbians or cousins no thanks

Right, glad that's sorted.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188473 on: December 23, 2018, 09:29:11 pm »

Yeah, I absolutely do not oppose the good and wonderful things religion can do. I am only opposed to the modern bigotry against us apostates.
Now that you're one of us, you know what you must do. Drive a sled into a nativity scene while shouting 'Dawkins is great'.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #188474 on: December 23, 2018, 09:43:14 pm »

Now that you're one of us, you know what you must do. Drive a sled into a nativity scene while shouting 'Dawkins is great'.
The whole "not believing in any divine power" is just a smokescreen. In truth atheists worship the mysterious Athe.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 12563 12564 [12565] 12566 12567 ... 13326