Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12558 12559 [12560] 12561 12562 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15826251 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188385 on: December 20, 2018, 09:03:29 pm »

I have discovered I like tea.

Or at least this tea I have right now that was originally intended for my brother, but he never drank it.

I'd like it more concentrated, but the tea strainer thing's kind of bad in that bubbles form in the holes and don't shift. Still, what little flavour there is, is nice.
What flavor?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188386 on: December 20, 2018, 09:18:16 pm »

I'd like it more concentrated, but the tea strainer thing's kind of bad in that bubbles form in the holes and don't shift. Still, what little flavour there is, is nice.
At least you have the sense to use a strainer, and haven't resorted to *shudder* teabags.

What flavor?
ಠ_ಠ
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188387 on: December 20, 2018, 09:23:58 pm »

At least you have the sense to use a strainer, and haven't resorted to *shudder* teabags.

What flavor?
ಠ_ಠ
Hey now, as a teabag using, lemon-hibiscus tea drinking american, the flavor matters.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #188388 on: December 20, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »

One of the books we pulled out of a box of donations today was 130 years old. Printed in 1888. Stupidly good condition for a book over a century old, too.

... don't remember what the title was, though. Wasn't paying much attention to that, ehehe.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188389 on: December 20, 2018, 10:49:11 pm »

Looking all over a city of 4 million people for a job, had to commute out to the boondocks over and over for interviews, some 90 minutes away and needing multiple links on public transport (e.g. one required a tram, two trains then a bus to get there).

Now, I finally get a full-time job offer from a firm in the CBD and it turns out their office I'll be working in isn't actually in the CBD (an hour's commute away), it's actually 10 minutes walk from my front door.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:51:18 pm by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188390 on: December 21, 2018, 02:55:20 am »

My dad's throat is healing, and he'll be able to swallow normally!  In a month or two.
There were strong indicators that he wouldn't ever (according to him (no shut up))

He's going to be okay!

Quasi-related, a couple days ago he introduced me to my cousin's lesbian wife.  And, uh, wow??  She designs high-voltage switches for power grids!  Dad kept probing her with questions steeped in local-political overtones (and some explicit politics), as I asked her questions about the craft itself.   As I asked about the physics or shared XKCD.

What I mean is: Naturally I had no problem with my cousin's sexuality, I was just excited to talk to a designer of high voltage circuits.
Actually I nearly revealed my own sexuality, but was cut off by a tirade of history from my dad.  Which, fair enough, was fascinating and relevant to the power grid.

It was nice.
It was also nice that they recounted how she "came out" to my dad in that very brewery, the same brewery the pair first met in.  It was a casual coming-out, where my dad wasn't at all surprised, had known (or so he remembers it, shhh).

It's so weird that it was supposedly so easy for them to come out to him.  Maybe I bit my tongue because it wasn't nearly so easy for me.
And he insists it's just a phase or whatever.
Er anyway I'm glad he can fricken swallow again, fuck, this went places.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188391 on: December 21, 2018, 03:05:16 am »

Good health news, yes. :) Could you maybe talk to your cousin about your experience?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188392 on: December 21, 2018, 06:35:12 am »

When you say "my cousin's lesbian wife" instead of "my lesbian cousin's wife" it makes it sound like your cousin isn't also lesbian and it's a unrequited relationship :P
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188393 on: December 21, 2018, 06:40:36 am »

When you say "my cousin's lesbian wife" instead of "my lesbian cousin's wife" it makes it sound like your cousin isn't also lesbian and it's a unrequited relationship :P

Gives new meaning to Shotgun Wedding...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188394 on: December 21, 2018, 06:44:13 am »

Gives new meaning to Shotgun Wedding...

It's a Sharp Scissors Wedding :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #188395 on: December 21, 2018, 07:44:47 am »

I'd... hope any scissoring involved wouldn't be sharp, honestly...

... any case, I just figured the cousin's bi and their wife isn't. Would make the phrasing make more or less perfect sense.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #188396 on: December 21, 2018, 08:06:26 am »

I'd... hope any scissoring involved wouldn't be sharp, honestly...

... any case, I just figured the cousin's bi and their wife isn't. Would make the phrasing make more or less perfect sense.
Don't be silly, bi people don't exist. I mean, have you ever seen me? No? Exactly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #188397 on: December 21, 2018, 08:28:00 am »

No, the problem still persists - the phrasing is just as technically correct in this as the above, but English as a language infers context by placement of adjectives. Putting the adjective before the second actor changes the tone of the line in a way that marks her lesbianism out as a contrast to that of the first actor.
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #188398 on: December 21, 2018, 09:34:31 am »

It also opens up the possibility that Rolan's cousin has multiple wives, the rest of whom are not lesbians.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #188399 on: December 21, 2018, 11:09:47 am »

this is sounding more and more like a queer harem anime

Interesting. :V

In other news, i've begun on some medicine for my anxiety; an SSRI (paroxetine), which probably sounds familiar to some people in here. It seems that such meds can come with quite a few side effects to begin with, some of them fairly common, but apparently i barely get any, which makes it a fair bit easier to gobble it up in the morning. I've some mild nausea, but i'm not even sure if that's the meds or just my usual IBS tomfoolery, since it's kinda not really there while i'm distracted. I just hope the meds will actually do something once they kick in; would be nice to turn the anxiety knob down a little. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 12558 12559 [12560] 12561 12562 ... 13326