Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12557 12558 [12559] 12560 12561 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15831233 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #188370 on: December 20, 2018, 04:09:25 am »

But what if I want to name my kid "Manly McBeefington"?
As long as it's a girl.

As long as she'll be poomping those moosklays of her at a gym, I'm down with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188371 on: December 20, 2018, 04:42:34 am »

I got the bay n'joe pronunciation from the missus because she nailed it while I was trying to see if bad or barge would be better starting sounds and asked her to say it, boom, there it is.

I'm pretty sure I'd go by Rowan.  Might, someday.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You'll get your name mispronounced and misspelt a LOT.  A lot a lot.  Roland, rohan, rowen or rowin at the top end and william or wayland at the far reaches (especially on telephones).  It's a good name, a strong name for strong people who, because of their endurance and inflexible will to win go from conquest to conquest leaving fire in their wake (bonus points if you understand the reference).

I've dreamt of getting two hordes of children with nerf weapons and stuff to battle while one side leads with the Rohan cry.

DEAAAATTHHHHHHHHH!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188372 on: December 20, 2018, 05:20:03 am »

I am at least somewhat certain that such events do in fact occur.  I take no responsibility for young NFO's attitude and behavior.  I do take responsibility for marching my platoon to the motorpool to the cadence of "Where there's a whip there's a way."  Drillsergeant's response was truly worth the hour I spent in the front-leaning rest position.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #188373 on: December 20, 2018, 07:45:23 am »

My nickname is hector, ‘cause I wear glasses. I had some people in school get offended on my behalf, which was most bemusing.

I don't get it. Is it because glasses are so heckktin' cool?

Hector Spector the Four-Eyed Projector. I’m not sure if they meant Protector, but it was always shortened to Hector so I didn’t have to deal with the rest unless someone was being a dick.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188374 on: December 20, 2018, 08:08:57 am »

I work till tomorrow, and thanks to being a mostly Catholic country and that the Patron Mary of the state gas her day January 14, I'll have vacations till January 15. Lot of "free" time. I'll get to do as many side jobs as I can. At least they are side and not blow, heheheh... At least I hope it doesn't get to that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188375 on: December 20, 2018, 08:45:06 am »

At least they are side and not blow, heheheh... At least I hope it doesn't get to that.
Wow. Doubly clever what with "blow" also being slang for cocaine... I'm impressed.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #188376 on: December 20, 2018, 10:18:05 am »

Finally got around to upgrading the old TV. Got one of those newfangled OLED panels and my mind is melting at how clear and detailed everything is now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188377 on: December 20, 2018, 10:44:43 am »

I don't have a child, but I can't shake the feeling that you're not doing your kid any favors by giving them a 'unique' name. You're just making it harder for everyone else to spell it when they need to. I work in a hospital, so getting the correct spelling on people's names comes up every day, so I'm always questioning "Why did you need to name him Dayvyd?  Why can't you be happy with David like the rest of the world?"

I mean, I say unique but Lucius isn't actually unique. I can think of at least 3 or 4 movie characters named that. Also, Romans. Lots of fucking Romans. And Henry is pretty bogstandard.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188378 on: December 20, 2018, 11:20:50 am »

I'm Rameses the Great I am
Rameses the Great I am, I am
I got ambushed by the Hittite next door
He's seen Egypt seven times before

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188379 on: December 20, 2018, 11:25:45 am »

Those are good names, I've just been looking for a reason to go on that tangent.

I dislike parents that try to be original and just 'make up' new names out of whole cloth, because they're deliberately flying against their own culture, tradition, lineage, and social norms for no real benefit; just giving the kid a weird name for an inane, pretentious reason.

Though of course I always have that devil's advocate inside me that says that all names had to be original at some point, who am *I* to say that the ABCDE kid won't one day sire an ABCDE Jr., an ABCDE III, IV, V, and so on? And in the future people will just take it for granted that that's an alright name for a kid, and won't even think twice about it.

It's that conflicting feeling inside of me that says that everyone is born into a complex lattice of social connections and prior knowledge that is colloquially known as their own culture and society, and that conforming to it is kind of humble and empowering; but then there's the innate value of experimentation that comes from people wanting to break away from it and do their own thing, which is not empowering to that individual, but really the only way that the society which spawned that individual can grow and evolve as it needs to.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188380 on: December 20, 2018, 01:24:06 pm »

If your name is Rowan you best become a professor.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188381 on: December 20, 2018, 02:01:07 pm »

Kamin apparently saw someone named "Felanny".

As someone helpfully commented, "Naming someone Felanny should be a... crime  8)"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188382 on: December 20, 2018, 02:51:42 pm »

There is no call center on earth that does not have a secret database of funny names. I know this, as I work at a call center and have friends who work at much larger call center that also confirm the existence of this list.

I wish I could post them. I'd probably be fine since they are just names, but it's customer info.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #188383 on: December 20, 2018, 03:14:40 pm »

There is no call center on earth that does not have a secret database of funny names. I know this, as I work at a call center and have friends who work at much larger call center that also confirm the existence of this list.

I wish I could post them. I'd probably be fine since they are just names, but it's customer info.
Have you dealt with Hugh Mungus yet?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188384 on: December 20, 2018, 04:52:01 pm »

I often realize other people barely think beyond what's for dinner while I'm usually pondering the enormity of space, the paradoxical insanity of black hole mechanics, the potential apocalyptic scenarios that could wipe out mankind, and other big picture stuff. It makes me feel my head is in the clouds. Then someone will say something like this:

Those are good names, I've just been looking for a reason to go on that tangent.

I dislike parents that try to be original and just 'make up' new names out of whole cloth, because they're deliberately flying against their own culture, tradition, lineage, and social norms for no real benefit; just giving the kid a weird name for an inane, pretentious reason.

Though of course I always have that devil's advocate inside me that says that all names had to be original at some point, who am *I* to say that the ABCDE kid won't one day sire an ABCDE Jr., an ABCDE III, IV, V, and so on? And in the future people will just take it for granted that that's an alright name for a kid, and won't even think twice about it.

It's that conflicting feeling inside of me that says that everyone is born into a complex lattice of social connections and prior knowledge that is colloquially known as their own culture and society, and that conforming to it is kind of humble and empowering; but then there's the innate value of experimentation that comes from people wanting to break away from it and do their own thing, which is not empowering to that individual, but really the only way that the society which spawned that individual can grow and evolve as it needs to.

And then I know I belong here.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 12557 12558 [12559] 12560 12561 ... 13326