Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12528 12529 [12530] 12531 12532 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15839006 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187935 on: November 13, 2018, 08:45:31 pm »

I have stretchy joints and am difficult to damage because of connective tissue disorder.
Hey, I have that too!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187936 on: November 13, 2018, 08:49:51 pm »

Kind of the same here, officially diagnosed as "hyper-extensive joints" (That's the term the doc used, I've never looked into it beyond that, all I know is that it makes writing fucking agonizing).  I've straight up terrified opponents by not being adversely affected by their locks.  Worse still I have abnormally high bone and muscle density, so I can take an ungodly amount of punishment and power through just about anything.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187937 on: November 13, 2018, 10:32:18 pm »

Evolution at work!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187938 on: November 13, 2018, 10:47:09 pm »

It's sorta weird, in grade school I met a kid who showed off his hypermobile fingers and it didn't really phase me.  I was like "huh, I can't do that.  I guess some people can."

Nowadays the thought of overbending a joint squicks me out to even think about.  Ah, the wisdom of age.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187939 on: November 13, 2018, 11:11:55 pm »

OCR technology got to a point where the scanned text is readable! It sometimes mangles numbers (such as 30 turning into 3o), but you can understand what it means.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187940 on: November 14, 2018, 12:28:05 am »

It's sorta weird, in grade school I met a kid who showed off his hypermobile fingers and it didn't really phase me.  I was like "huh, I can't do that.  I guess some people can."

Nowadays the thought of overbending a joint squicks me out to even think about.  Ah, the wisdom of age.

How does it feel to have such... limited fingers?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #187941 on: November 14, 2018, 12:37:14 am »

How does it feel to have such... limited fingers?

Tactile.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187942 on: November 14, 2018, 12:41:01 am »

How does it feel

Alternate, musical version:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:50:22 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187943 on: November 14, 2018, 12:47:25 am »

Cross-post from the television thread.
Final Space, though, is actually wonderful. Didn't know what to make of it at first, one of the main characters could definitely be a bit grating and hyperactive, but it grew on me really quickly. It gives me some serious Ratchet and Clank vibes, with bizarre aliens, spaceship shenanigans, heaps of robots getting blown away in shootouts, high-tech gadgets a-plenty and of course a lot of comedy.
It's kind of like a slightly more grown-up Ratchet and Clank, really, but without trying to be adult and winding up lame and edgy.
It's a tonne of fun. I recommend it.

Definitely enjoying this. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #187944 on: November 14, 2018, 03:28:06 am »

Not familiar with the title, but I liked his newspaper columns and The Olive Labyrinth
Not sure I'd heard of that one, or any of his other works, but I might have to check it out at some point.
Detective stories generally aren't my thing, but maybe this one is bizarre enough to catch my interest. For that matter, the first detective book/series that springs to mind as being enjoyable followed the cases of Jack Spratt, primary investigator of the Nursery Crimes department...

Also for some reason the first review in English that I saw on the Goodreads page for The Olive Labyrinth said it starred the detective from Pepsi Cola Addict, whose title sounded familiar... then a quick google revealed it to be one of the books by June Gibbons, you know, of the Gibbons twins? Apparently it's bizarrely written. Interesting choice if Mendoza actually decided to revive a character from it.   
Probably not the same book...

https://jiescribano.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/the-olive-labyrinth-by-eduardo-mendoza/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187945 on: November 14, 2018, 04:13:37 am »

I didn't mean it was the same book, I meant someone said it starred the character from that other novel.
Or do you mean they must have been referring to a different book? Yeah, I dunno, that was just some unknown giver of 1-star reviews, no idea if they knew what they were talking about. *shrug*

Unrelated: Final Space is still making me Happy. Like, I was already enjoying it 'cause it was fun and zany and had gorgeous animation, but... it's actually pretty deep, too. A classic adventure, full of characters you come to care about. Deffo recommend.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #187946 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:41 am »

I'm fairly sure they were referring to a different book because I'm 99% certain the character is not borrowed, least of all from June Gibbons. Unless June Gibbons wrote about amateur detectives working as inpatients in private psychiatric hospitals in Madrid
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187947 on: November 15, 2018, 12:41:07 am »

Success, only barely injured myself too.

Cut my 14 inch sash saw down into a stiff 7 inch tenon saw, then halved the cutoff to make that cute chunky little dovetail saw which I adore because it's so friendly and cute.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #187948 on: November 15, 2018, 12:50:23 am »

Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #187949 on: November 15, 2018, 06:37:31 am »

Do you.... keep your tools in the bedroom? Because I'm sure any number of crude jokes await you in the near future if so.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12528 12529 [12530] 12531 12532 ... 13326