Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12506 12507 [12508] 12509 12510 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15849856 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187605 on: October 26, 2018, 01:04:42 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:58:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187606 on: October 26, 2018, 01:04:49 pm »

So this is a happy because I laughed at the end.

I was late to work today becuase:

1) Went to leave home, keys are not where I left them (on top of my wallet)
2) Ask wife if she has seen them. Cannot find keys in yesterday's pants, in living room, in kitchen, in jacket, etc
3) Wife is helping to look, suggests they may have fallen out of my coat pocket in either my car or hers
4) Went out in rain to search these locations
5) Baby probably took em, me and wife search the usual baby hiding spots for stuff
6) Wife remembers that baby TOTALLY nabbed my keys yesterday but she took them away so they wouldn't get Lost
7) Wife cannot remember where she put keys
8) 5-10m later, Wife remembers where keys were left
9) Profit.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187607 on: October 26, 2018, 06:03:37 pm »

made some wings

they good.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #187608 on: October 26, 2018, 07:05:25 pm »

Also Pokemon Crystal Clear lets you just buy masterballs apparently?  They cost like an hour of the Picross minigame in Game Coins, but I really don't see myself catching Raikou/Entei/Suicune otherwise.
Considering the game doesn't seem to give you a free masterball, and there are... I think 8 legendaries all catchable?  I'm okay with this.  Voltorb Flip is still pretty fun, fortunately.
I never managed to catch them back in Gold version, but if I were playing today I'd probably use a high level Smeargle with Mean Look, False Swipe, Swords Dance, and Spore. You should have a speed stat of 110+ to go first, then Mean Look can prevent them from fleeing. Using Spore to put them to sleep will help stop them from using Roar to switch your pokemon. Then you can use swords dance + false swipe to knock their hp into red before attempting to catch them. (Sleep helps improve catch rate.)

It's really annoying that they can run away in their sleep, so Mean Look or Spider Web is a must. I'd switch it out for Thunder Wave after catching all the fleeing pokemon.
(Pro-tip: You can get a wild smeargle to sketch one of your pokemon's moves, then have your own smeargle sketch that.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 07:14:28 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187609 on: October 26, 2018, 08:34:10 pm »

Unless Crystal Clear changes it, Roar forces you to flee a wild encounter, not switch out, and fleeing an encounter with Raikou/Entei/Suicune* removes them from the game. Though looking it up, apparently clearing the Elite Four in this hack will respawn them.

Never caught them back when I had my Silver cartridge for the original GB. All did was get one small hit on Entei. Since I'm playing Crystal now(3DS Virtual Console version), I'm going to check if the logic behind their movement is the same as chasing down Mesprit in D/P/Pt, where it would move randomly if you flew, and seemingly more often if you rode your bike.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187610 on: October 26, 2018, 09:15:18 pm »

It's been a long time but I swear that the big three catdogs will continue to wander around after an encounter with them.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187611 on: October 26, 2018, 09:36:47 pm »

It's been a long time but I swear that the big three catdogs will continue to wander around after an encounter with them.

I think they move to an adjacent route every time you switch routes or fight one of them, although I too have not played in ages.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187612 on: October 26, 2018, 09:37:36 pm »

They do (or at least Raikou and Entei?  I think Suicune is in a special tower in Crystal).  The guides say that Raikou "changes routes when you change zones", so you should change routes every 100 steps or so.  AKA use a repel before you run around in the grass so random encounters don't bog you down.

However, that advice didn't expect my starter to be level 65...  The repel was scaring off level 40 Raikou as well for about 5 trips until I read a different guide XD  I had to dig an old level 35 Voltorb out of Bill's PC.
I'm poking around Celebi's forest shrine for a change of pace next, it's catchable somehow in this mod.

Fakedit:  ninja'd
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187613 on: October 26, 2018, 10:21:07 pm »

Nah, don't even bother with 100 steps. You can step back and forth across the boundary line between two routes and the wandering trio will change locations each time. It's important to note that they'll only move one "step" each time they change location, so they won't hop from one end of Johto to the other.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187614 on: October 26, 2018, 11:03:36 pm »

Oh I didn't know that!  The 100 steps was what the guide suggested in order to figure check whether the wanderer was present or not.  There's two problems with that:
1: I'm 90% sure I walked a full repel's worth in some grass and didn't find it, even though it was there
2: Since I'd encountered it in the past, the Pokedex actually tells me its current location!

So yeah I have Raikou now (:  Sorry Voltorb.  And sorry for filling the Happy thread with Poketalk aheh
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187615 on: October 26, 2018, 11:20:20 pm »

Just discovered Cataclysm: DDA via Kruggsmash. Have gotten hooked on it, even if I still can't play very well.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187616 on: October 27, 2018, 03:38:39 am »

Got where I could knock out clean dovetails in like fifteen minutes and noticed that I was starting to get slightly annoyed because my handy little scroll-saw-blade using frame saw couldn't quite reach cleanly across all the stock I was using, and then I found a long piece of walnut I had forgotten about and set to work making one with more throat clearance, but I learned I don't much like the mortise and tenon style of stretcher to arm interface on these and went with a t-bridle which might make sense to one of you but either way it worked out great!
Sliding the little wooden key up in the toggle lets it rotate freely to loosen the arms for storage, or tighten back up so the blade goes "tingggggg" when you flick it with your fingernail. The holders are long skinny bolts which I hacksawed a slot and side notches into for the blade pins to hook against.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187617 on: October 27, 2018, 04:28:56 am »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187618 on: October 27, 2018, 05:02:22 am »

i have spent the last two days playing minecraft and watching my cat from hell, which started as a sort of masochism thing because Jackson Galaxy, the host of my cat from hell, is the most visually aggravating man alive, and it has evolved to an actual... semi enjoyment of the show

mostly from how fuckin stupid these catowners are
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187619 on: October 27, 2018, 08:23:31 am »

Why do I like this so much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZgb_iSYDw
Because it's creative and entertaining!

Pages: 1 ... 12506 12507 [12508] 12509 12510 ... 13326