Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12470 12471 [12472] 12473 12474 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15727368 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #187065 on: September 13, 2018, 10:42:41 pm »

Other studies show that the tendency to prefer people that look like them is overridden by a preference for people who sound like them.

People are weird.
Ah yes, like that feeling of reassurance when you return from a trip abroad and hear all the familiar accents resonating through the airport.

Voices are weird. Someone I'd just met once asked me if I was from Queensland, and when I answered in the affirmative and asked them how they guessed, they told me I sounded like [FRIEND], who is also from Queensland originally. That took me aback. I never really hear my own accent and am always rather bemused when somebody mentions it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187066 on: September 14, 2018, 01:20:03 am »

Just reading about this new game that was at PAX

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/326172/Opinion_The_dark_allure_of_We_The_Revolution.php

the title sees you take the role of a judge at the height of the French Revolution. An alcoholic gambler with an eye for intrigue, your judge sits on the Revolutionary Tribunal, trying the cases of the day as Paris roils around your courtroom. The game, a bloody and politically savvy Phoenix Wright from the other side of the bench, sees you meting out justice while also managing your standing among the various factions that strive for control of the new France.
You shift between the courtroom, your home (which is alive with its own tensions), and a strategic map of the city where you can dispatch your agents to help you secure influence in key arrondissements. It evokes the same feel, interestingly enough, as Hanako Games’ Long Live the Queen--which is a visual-novel-as-bullet-hell in balancing its various statistical demands and opaque choices. In We. The Revolution you’re balancing a variety of meters, mostly gauging different types of opinion—up to and including the opinion of your jury—and it’s sometimes blissfully unclear what does what.
Asking questions isn’t always the way to the truth, however. This is, after all, a courtroom that boils with revolutionary fervour. The gallery is filled with protesting citizens who hurl imprecations like football hooligans, for or against the defendant. Naturally, the defendant knows this and plays to the crowd. Your questions are, to indulge a different sport metaphor, pitches to a batter. Throw the wrong kind, and your obviously-guilty defendant can hit a home run--winning both the jury and the mob.

Of course, maybe you want them to because you need the peasants on your side for your next political maneuver. And, of course, you have to factor this in to your forthcoming decision about whether to authorize the guard to use deadly force in stopping the riots that plague the city.

So it sounds like a blend of Republic: The Revolution, Paper's Please and Long Live the Queen from the description. I'm guessing you can navigate a path between honorable judge at one end all the way to being a ruthless political manipulator and cruel hanging judge.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:22:34 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #187067 on: September 14, 2018, 03:30:02 am »

So it sounds like a blend of Republic: The Revolution, Paper's Please and Long Live the Queen from the description. I'm guessing you can navigate a path between honorable judge at one end all the way to being a ruthless political manipulator and cruel hanging judge.
It'd be interesting if you allowed one faction to dominate and they put constitutional limits to your ability to manipulate or craftily interpret court rulings, or if you could get thoroughly enlightened by Dr. Guillotine

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187068 on: September 14, 2018, 07:09:53 am »

It's a game set in Revolutionary France. A little corrective surgery with Dr. Guillotine is probably 75% of the bad endings. At least.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187069 on: September 14, 2018, 07:23:16 am »

It's a game set in Revolutionary France. A little corrective surgery with Dr. Guillotine is probably 75% of the bad endings. At least.
It's probably even what the devs consider the best ending.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187070 on: September 14, 2018, 07:27:46 am »

I had the oddest experience while playing the PS4 Spiderman. I noticed it had real street names and for shits and giggles decided to do what one does when playing a game set in the city they live and look for my house.

...I didn't expect to find it. Or for the area around it to be anywhere near as accurate as it was. That was surreal but amusing and I don't know what thread to put it in.

I've been playing that!  They got the webslinging so right that when I unlocked fast travel, I used it the exactly once that the game demanded, and have never used it since.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #187071 on: September 14, 2018, 08:50:33 am »

I had the oddest experience while playing the PS4 Spiderman. I noticed it had real street names and for shits and giggles decided to do what one does when playing a game set in the city they live and look for my house.

...I didn't expect to find it. Or for the area around it to be anywhere near as accurate as it was. That was surreal but amusing and I don't know what thread to put it in.

I've been playing that!  They got the webslinging so right that when I unlocked fast travel, I used it the exactly once that the game demanded, and have never used it since.

I know, right? I do occasionally use the fast travel on long trips because the scenes you can see in it are funny - seeing spiderman talking with an impersonator or having a guy look between him and a newspaper. I have a minor problem in that I am basically grabbing all of certain collectibles the moment I can because they're so much fun to get.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #187072 on: September 14, 2018, 10:57:54 am »

My cat is so very happy to see me back at home. He's just been all over me all the time.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187073 on: September 14, 2018, 11:28:48 am »

:3
Love, scriver~

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #187074 on: September 14, 2018, 11:30:42 am »

It's Friday afternoon, I have a cup of my favorite, italian coffee + a slice of fresh, still warm, apple pie with cinnamon batter crust.

Blissssss.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187075 on: September 14, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »

I'm currently on my second dip with this teabag of the night. I think I'm gonna do a fourdip tonight just for the sake of our British coforumites. Cheers!
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #187076 on: September 14, 2018, 03:06:51 pm »

Luigi's Mansion 3 has been announced, holy shit i'm stoked
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187077 on: September 15, 2018, 05:27:54 am »

Second time being drunk/tipsy and it feels... Well, not as bad as I remember, but I feel really dissociated. It's like I'm watching a first-person perspective film or something.

I always compare the sensation to hell. Close your eyes and just feel the alcohol in your body. It's terrible, and awful and just plain frightening. But if you're being social it's great.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187078 on: September 15, 2018, 05:32:11 am »

Hell is other people, but in a good way?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #187079 on: September 15, 2018, 05:47:32 am »

Sorta yeah.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 12470 12471 [12472] 12473 12474 ... 13325