Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12424 12425 [12426] 12427 12428 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15902534 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #186375 on: August 13, 2018, 08:52:20 pm »

So I finally decided to try broccoli, an odd feat to mention considering I'm almost 30. Just a little bit raw, I don't trust my ability to cook it, and it... has taste I guess. Yep, my taste buds were engaged, I can say that for certain.

What's the benefit of vegetables again? Perhaps I shouldn't ask.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #186376 on: August 13, 2018, 08:56:25 pm »

Vegetables enable us lesser heterotrophic folk to experience photosynthesis vicariously
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186377 on: August 13, 2018, 08:56:53 pm »

Broccoli is really good sauteed or in a sauce. The bushy part on top traps sauce in it and it's really good.

Or just put some olive oil in a pan and a pinch of salt on the broccoli and let it simmer for maybe 3-5m. Super tasty.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #186378 on: August 13, 2018, 08:58:33 pm »

Benefits be plenty of stuff, but we have pills for most of it, these days. Which is good or I probably would be dead.

About the only thing lacking is being able to enjoy food with greenery/etc. in it, really, and I guess there's always anesthetics or something for that if you're desperate enough. Gotta' be somethin' out there that turns off the tastebuds or puts you too out of your gourd to care but not far enough out you can no longer complement the cook.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186379 on: August 13, 2018, 09:08:04 pm »

Vegetables are good, you picky nerds.

Raw broccoli is kinda meh though. Better if you cook it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #186380 on: August 13, 2018, 09:09:51 pm »

Raw broccoli is kinda meh though. Better if you cook it.

Depends how you cook it. I do not understand why people make crunchy vegetables into mush by boiling or steaming.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186381 on: August 13, 2018, 09:15:46 pm »

I honestly just want to find the magic bullet that'll let my life stabilize, give me consistently high energy and good mood, and just let me better fulfill my potential. Changing my diet to include more nutritious things is the most obvious solution that I've been procrastinating on the longest and hardest, just because I love all the unhealthy shit I eat every day. Eating is one of the few pleasures I have in life and I've been intent on guarding it for as long as I humanly can, but if it works I guess I better acquire a taste for all these vegetables I've loathed for so long.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186382 on: August 13, 2018, 09:24:28 pm »

I like to put li'l broccoli chunks in my fried rice.

Anyway, here's a good, comprehensive guide to cooking broccoli.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #186383 on: August 13, 2018, 09:38:07 pm »

Man, I wish it was just being picky. I've been fed veggies cooked by real ruddy good cooks, that everyone else involved said tasted great, and they tasted literally vomit inducingly bad to me. More than once, with a spread of different vegetables. They are good, by all accounts, they just universally taste loving horrific to me :-\

Happy thread, though! Last few years I've finally managed to mostly build a tolerance for onion powder. It's an improvement! Previously onion anything was like a culinary original sin, tainting any dish touched by it unto the dozenth generation. Now onion powder is largely tolerable, notably increasing the amount of foods that don't make me ill~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186384 on: August 13, 2018, 09:39:11 pm »

BROCCOLI IS KALE IS CABBAGE IS BRUSSEL SPROUTS IS CAULIFLOWER FUCK IT'S SO WEIRD ARGH!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186385 on: August 13, 2018, 09:48:30 pm »

I honestly just want to find the magic bullet that'll let my life stabilize, give me consistently high energy and good mood, and just let me better fulfill my potential. Changing my diet to include more nutritious things is the most obvious solution that I've been procrastinating on the longest and hardest, just because I love all the unhealthy shit I eat every day. Eating is one of the few pleasures I have in life and I've been intent on guarding it for as long as I humanly can, but if it works I guess I better acquire a taste for all these vegetables I've loathed for so long.

You probably loathe them because they were always prepared in shit ways. Never ever boil veggies, unless you're actually making soup.

Try lightly frying some onion, then add other veggies, then add a protein source such as a couple of scrambled eggs+garlic or tuna+lemon juice. (or chicken/beef plus curry sauce. Sauteed onion+veggies can be the basis of a lot of tasty meals). Then optionally add some pre-cooked brown rice + black pepper. Play around with additional seasonings etc. Having an automatic rice cooker makes it much easier just to make a pile of brown rice then refrigerate it to add to the meals.

These sorts of dishes are really fast, cheap, tasty and healthy.

BROCCOLI IS KALE IS CABBAGE IS BRUSSEL SPROUTS IS CAULIFLOWER FUCK IT'S SO WEIRD ARGH!

I don't think it's too weird. They're different plants, just descended from the same wild ancestor. It's no different to how chihuahuas are dobermans are poodles are dachshunds are wolves. There's no "wild kale" but by the same logic, there are no "wild chihuahuas".
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:00:44 pm by Reelya »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #186386 on: August 13, 2018, 10:40:02 pm »

Also tomatoes are potatoes are aubergines are deadly nightshade.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186387 on: August 13, 2018, 10:43:42 pm »

stupid delicious deadly nightshade

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #186388 on: August 13, 2018, 11:36:07 pm »

aubergines are eggplants are
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 12424 12425 [12426] 12427 12428 ... 13327