Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12397 12398 [12399] 12400 12401 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15892766 times)

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #185970 on: July 09, 2018, 09:13:44 am »

Hmmm Seems time for that annual 6 month "I'm not dead post" Post. Sup my people!

But Yer so I'm going on a working holiday in Japan Woot Woot. I hope it goes well eh.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #185971 on: July 09, 2018, 09:23:07 am »

... well, maybe. Kinda' doubtful if it's soon-ish. There's over a hundred dead and literal millions ordered to evac right now, with current signs suggesting it's going to get worse before it's over with. Avoid the west coast, I think it is?

Not really happy thread material, that, but japan's getting sorta' screwed right now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185972 on: July 09, 2018, 12:15:40 pm »

So I found this slab of wood with grey paint all over it that I think was used as a deck stair at some point after the neighbors moved and I noticed a bunch of wood by the street, right?

So I go over and pick through and notice these 2x8 chunks are REALLY heavy and picked them up expecting it to be at most a couple of thick pieces of pine to play with.

Other day I grabbed my plane and knocked the paint/top layer of wood off of them and HOLY FUCKING SHIT DO YOU KNOW WHAT I FOUND?

One of these things is not like the other...

Not just that, but it's a piece that was painted long enough that it kept the green tint between the thick chocolate grain streaks, so it looked extra pretty with the brass sex bolts and brass saw back.

Yes I said sex bolts, some call them Chicago Screws but I think that sounds dirty... I mean... Chicago? Yuck.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185973 on: July 09, 2018, 12:59:21 pm »

for some reason, I cannot unspoiler your first spoilered image after clicking the spoiler.

EDIT: ohwait nvm, I must have miscliked and hit the image instead of the spoiler tag (which enlarged the image)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185974 on: July 09, 2018, 01:22:37 pm »

Soak it in, bask in the walnut goodness (it's an amazing wood for woodworkers, sweet to carve, gorgeous dark tones, thick and varied grain coloration) as I have been.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185975 on: July 09, 2018, 01:44:43 pm »

My job (current? former? /shrug) is a shit show. This starts out depressing but it ends on one of the happiest notes in my career.

Handed in my two weeks. Bossman got pissed off and fired me, saying I need to learn that my actions have consequences. I think the action he's referring to is asking him if he remembered the ultimatum he gave me a while back ("do what I say or leave") and then resigning by way of sympathy card. I learned that giving two weeks is a joke and I should just quit with no notice.

Called up the new place and moved my start date a week forward, giving me a week of vacation.

Got an email from the old place's lawyer saying that he considers me to have voluntarily quit with notice. I'm getting paid those two weeks and will receive a PTO payout. One week PAID vacation, then one week of double pay once I start at the new place. Even better. I don't think I learned his intended lesson but I think I came out ahead in this. Sending an email to the staff distribution list from my personal email after they locked me out probably helped. I wanted an amicable departure. I was not given one, yet I still took it upon myself to give proper instructions on who the tasks that I used to do for other departments should be forwarded to.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:53:32 pm by Mephisto »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185976 on: July 09, 2018, 01:51:44 pm »

Kill 'em with kindness.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185977 on: July 09, 2018, 05:20:33 pm »

My job (current? former? /shrug) is a shit show. This starts out depressing but it ends on one of the happiest notes in my career.

Handed in my two weeks. Bossman got pissed off and fired me, saying I need to learn that my actions have consequences. I think the action he's referring to is asking him if he remembered the ultimatum he gave me a while back ("do what I say or leave") and then resigning by way of sympathy card. I learned that giving two weeks is a joke and I should just quit with no notice.

Called up the new place and moved my start date a week forward, giving me a week of vacation.

Got an email from the old place's lawyer saying that he considers me to have voluntarily quit with notice. I'm getting paid those two weeks and will receive a PTO payout. One week PAID vacation, then one week of double pay once I start at the new place. Even better. I don't think I learned his intended lesson but I think I came out ahead in this. Sending an email to the staff distribution list from my personal email after they locked me out probably helped. I wanted an amicable departure. I was not given one, yet I still took it upon myself to give proper instructions on who the tasks that I used to do for other departments should be forwarded to.
So your asshole boss accidentally gave you two weeks of free money. Hahaha

On my own Job my boss and coworkers are amazing. Everyone working hard together and valuing each other. I was suffering from some kind of heat related or something affliction and almost passed. I told by boss and she immediately did everything she could to help me and was very concerned. Even wanted me to not keep working until after lunch once I had rested awhile and felt better. This is a drastic change from the boss at my last job that just up and fired me for arbitrary reasons. Hooray for being a valued employee!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185978 on: July 09, 2018, 07:06:36 pm »

It's amazing the effect a decent person in the right place can have. My boss is a person I have genuine respect for, and she makes working in a call center (one of the more stressful jobs out there, IMO) a truly enjoyable occupation.

She thinks we don't know about the constant work she does to make it this way, but we do. I think she'd get all flustered if we made a big deal.

Anyway her management style made me realize how to treat people better as a supervisor myself.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185979 on: July 09, 2018, 11:10:21 pm »

My cat will be 19 this year.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185980 on: July 09, 2018, 11:15:25 pm »

Jeez, your cat is almost as old as I am.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185981 on: July 09, 2018, 11:17:05 pm »

Siamese cats are very, very long lived. I have read about a cat who lived for 30-ish years.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185982 on: July 09, 2018, 11:22:02 pm »

Well, I'm a Siamese Human, so hopefully I'm long-lived.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #185983 on: July 10, 2018, 12:28:12 am »

This is one of those times I wished bay12 would have a like function so I could show I liked something in a more subtle way than writing "haaa that was funnee~" but for now that will gave to do.

In h appies if my own, I'm going canoeing for a bit today. Hopefully without getting too soaked. Truly there is no faster way to learn what stuff other people are made off than to put yourself in an easily capsizable water vessel with them.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185984 on: July 10, 2018, 12:52:59 am »

One of my countrymen got lucky and managed to get donations via cryptocurrency. That's neat.

EDIT: The best part is that he bought food supplies for him and to share with others in his community.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:42:15 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 12397 12398 [12399] 12400 12401 ... 13327