Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12393 12394 [12395] 12396 12397 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15891998 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] It is made of raw. It creates extra posts [#####+] (Happy thread)
« Reply #185910 on: July 05, 2018, 03:42:22 pm »

A few years back my dad asked my mom what she wants for her birthday like he always does. She usually says nothing but this year she said I want a shotgun. My dad dutifully went out to buy her a shotgun and was talking to the cashier at the store where he was getting the gun.

He told him the situation and the cashier said, "Have you been getting along?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185911 on: July 05, 2018, 05:19:10 pm »

I'm getting a Taurus G2S 9mm on Monday. Gun get.
Awesome! Be sure to post pics, if that's allowed. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #185912 on: July 06, 2018, 12:14:42 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong
This dude fought in Manchuria for the Japanese against the Soviets, fought in Ukraine for the Soviets against the Nazis, fought in France for the Nazis against the allies, before finally getting captured by the allies and moving to the USA where he got American citizenship

What an absolute lad

..a man whose allegiance is run by expedience...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185913 on: July 06, 2018, 01:05:50 am »

Opened and equipped my new longsleeve today and oh man, it is giving me a Happy. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #185914 on: July 06, 2018, 05:12:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185915 on: July 06, 2018, 05:32:16 am »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #185916 on: July 06, 2018, 05:39:10 am »

>not having a husbando
What are you gay?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185917 on: July 06, 2018, 10:26:12 am »

It's okay to be gay, fat, stupid, straight, ethnic, etc. If you weren't I'd just have to work harder to find a reason to make fun of you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #185918 on: July 06, 2018, 05:41:48 pm »

Thought I was dreaming it, but upon opening my window I did confirm that the rendition of God Save Queen was being sung by an exceptionally spirited and ugly band of drunkards screaming the lyrics to the best of their capacities. It seems that they would always get half way through the song before forgetting the lyrics and starting all over again, as if they could remember the song by trial and error. Eventually they settled for sending her victorious whilst shouting WEEEEEEEEEEYYYY and ENG EERRRR LAAAAAAAAAAAAND ENGER LAAAAAAAAAND

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185919 on: July 06, 2018, 05:50:35 pm »

Beware the dreaded second year, that's when motivation can dip the lowest. But get through that and in the third or later year of a degree you're doing the really interesting stuff. Second year would be a good time to ask lecturers if there are any additional activities / research etc that you can get involved in. Being slightly over-worked can keep you busy enough to avoid feeling any doldrums.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 05:52:57 pm by Reelya »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185920 on: July 06, 2018, 07:13:19 pm »

New job! I've been working on this for five years.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185921 on: July 06, 2018, 07:33:24 pm »

Thought I was dreaming it, but upon opening my window I did confirm that the rendition of God Save Queen was being sung by an exceptionally spirited and ugly band of drunkards screaming the lyrics to the best of their capacities. It seems that they would always get half way through the song before forgetting the lyrics and starting all over again, as if they could remember the song by trial and error. Eventually they settled for sending her victorious whilst shouting WEEEEEEEEEEYYYY and ENG EERRRR LAAAAAAAAAAAAND ENGER LAAAAAAAAAND

Did they set off any fireworks? ;P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185922 on: July 06, 2018, 09:33:53 pm »

England are playing tomorrow though.

What.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185923 on: July 06, 2018, 10:09:12 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Kyoungjong
This dude fought in Manchuria for the Japanese against the Soviets, fought in Ukraine for the Soviets against the Nazis, fought in France for the Nazis against the allies, before finally getting captured by the allies and moving to the USA where he got American citizenship

What an absolute lad

..a man whose allegiance is run by expedience...

That's kind of an unfair way to put it, it makes it sound like he was some sort of mercenary. The guy was captured by three successive fascistic military governments, and did what he was told so that he didn't die. It's not like this guy was a soldier to start with, he was an 18 year old civilian.

Firstly, the Japanese would have just executed him if he refused to serve. You did not refuse to be conscripted by the Japanese army. There was no prison for conscientious Chinese/Korean objectors. As for the Russians, Stalin-era gulags historically had death rates exceeding 95%. If he'd refused service when told to by the Russians, I imagine his chance of death in the gulag would have markedly increased, to 100%. The Soviets didn't take kindly to refusing conscription, either.

Finally he got captured by the Nazis. I doubt they were treating his service as any more "voluntary" than the Japanese or Russians did. If he'd said "no thanks" to the Nazis they probably would have shipped him to one of the death camps.

"..a man whose allegiance is run by expedience..." is unfair since it make it sound like he had some choice. Being forced to follow the commands of people who will otherwise kill you is not "allegiance". He was just a kid who didn't want to die.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 10:35:22 pm by Reelya »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #185924 on: July 07, 2018, 03:20:02 am »

I was only going to quote a little bit of this, but why not go the whole hog?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12393 12394 [12395] 12396 12397 ... 13327