Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12383 12384 [12385] 12386 12387 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15891698 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] Try RIGHT NOW the unlimited power of cactus energy (Happy thread)
« Reply #185760 on: June 25, 2018, 05:25:02 pm »

Visit with dad went great, we chatted about all sorts of stuff and went kayaking.  I caught some fish again, but they were small enough to throw back.

I did get burned again, but only on a very small area.  The sunscreen failed, as always, but I had almost completely covered myself with clothing, hat and towel!  It was hot, but worth it.  The tiny area of thigh from the towel slipping (for only one of the 5 hours!) is proof of that.

My dad was just fine, somehow.  He's tan, sure, but so am I!  I do at least one 2-hour walk per week, and it shows!  5 hours in the open cloudless sky is just madness, but he never burns.

The Judgement knows what I do.  But I have escaped it! /Fallen London
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185761 on: June 25, 2018, 09:16:57 pm »

I brought a skink I rescued from the cat in to show the missus because he was adorable, despite a puncture on his side he was goddamned if he was going to be eaten without a fight so the whole time I'm coming upstairs he's fanging the hell out of my thumb.

I tell her 'gimme your thumb' as I walk in "uh, why?" ...'so this little dude can chew on it'

..."what, no why?"
'trust me'
*nomnomnomnom*
"oh god that's adorable"
'right, he's just not going to give up!'

That's what made me buy my (sadly deceased) ackie monitor a while back. I was handling a few different reptiles in the shop looking to buy one and this three inch little ackie ran from my left hand over my shoulders down onto my right hand and then started biting my palm. I found him so charming I settled on him right then.

Was less charming when he was a foot long and could draw blood mind you, but I still loved the chubby sloucher and tried to hand feed him whenever I could even though it earned me a few bites.
Reptiles are one of the few pets I haven't had, though I kinda had a turtle girlfriend because the neighbors kid had a little box turtle who I noticed had some grass stuck on her eye scales, and after I gently groomed and picked them clean she'd stretch her neck out and cluck at me like I was a male which is flattering in a really weird way I suppose?

Also got my plane assembled but it bites way too deep so I gotta fettle it back a bit to get proper paper thin curlycue shavings.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185762 on: June 25, 2018, 09:18:21 pm »

Best Friends is playing God Hand

its the little things
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185763 on: June 25, 2018, 09:27:22 pm »

I watched season 2 of Luke Cage over the weekend. I kinda liked it, although the ending felt like they didn't build up to it enough to really pull it off. It sorta put me off though how they wanted you to watch the defenders and the other marvel tv shows (which I didn't) too understand some parts of the show.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185764 on: June 25, 2018, 10:11:31 pm »

I don't care about Marvel shows in *general*, but I do like the Defenders.  Individually, anyway, the team-up season was disappointing.  I'm really looking forward to watching Luke Cage season 2, here's hoping it's better than Jessica Jones season 2 (which was disappointing, but only compared to season 1, which I found deeply compelling)

I did see Thor: Ragnarok with my dad last night, though.  The somewhat forced humor grated on me at first, and kinda confirmed my opinion of these Avengers movies.  But it kinda grew on me.  It ended up being a fun family movie.  And a couple of the twists actually surprised me, so I guess they do *have* writers and not just standup comedians with pens.

Star Wars tabletop campaign is also going well.  Our hutt player humiliated a bounty hunter bounty target until said target succumbed to stun wounds, and fell in molten ore.  I manage to download the death star plans security footage as proof, but the nearby "gronk"-bots walked on my feet a bit.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #185765 on: June 25, 2018, 10:35:51 pm »

I, for one, am still loving all the MCU stuff, including the Netflix shows.  I can see why people would be so compelled by 1st season of Jessica Jones, because it was a great allegory for abusive relationships... but I thought the 2nd season was actually better.  The character development was amazing.  They managed to write a story which brought even more vulnerability out of Jessica (as well as every other character) than a confrontation with an mind-controlling stalker rapist.  That's an accomplishment.  And being married to someone with extremely EXTREMELY fucked up family issues, it was a no less compelling story for me allegorically than Killgrave.

I feel like a lot of MCU stuff gets trash talked because certain of the films and movies set such a ridiculously high bar that the others are met with disappointment for not meeting it, but would be met with much more enthusiasm if judged without that association.

Loved Thor: Ragnarok also... but I love that style of humor.  It wasn't forced so much as intentionally awkward, and most of the movie's dialogue (especially the humor) was improvised.  Maybe I'm weird, but awkwardness is one of my favorite styles of humor (one of my favorite comedy shows being The Mighty Boosh, which thrived on awkward dialogue with a lot of improv).

Defenders was enjoyable... but admittedly did not live up to the hype I felt for it.  And while I don't share many of the common complaints with Iron Fist, it was definitely the weakest of the line-up and very difficult to watch at times.  Only MCU films I can think of off-hand that I only thought were ok but still had fun watching anyway would be Iron-Man 2, Thor 1-2, and Captain America 1.

But Legion, which is not MCU-related, blows all of it away.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185766 on: June 25, 2018, 10:55:52 pm »

My biggest gripe about the defenders was they never really fleshed out danny rand.

What was his superhero name?
Who is his swordn enemy?
Is there anybody or place he's protecting?
Where did he get his tattoo?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #185767 on: June 25, 2018, 10:58:32 pm »

Yeah, it's kinda assumed that you watched each character's individual show first.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185768 on: June 25, 2018, 11:04:39 pm »

Netflix Defenders made for a really damn solid Heroclix starter set.

That's all I know about the netflix shows.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185769 on: June 25, 2018, 11:50:17 pm »

Haven't actually seen Ragnarok yet, but I've watched lots of it on youtube and I love the Thor/Hulk stuff, though that ending bit with the fuckoffblade and that *stab... push...thrust... KABOOSH* was cool shit.

Got my plane sanded up, fettled properly, oiled, and after a little tweak to the iron position it's launching wispy little spirals of thinner than paper material happily!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I ended up reducing the piece of wood in front by almost half a centimeter of width just playing around getting a feel for the tool and enjoying the rain of curls it produces.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185770 on: June 25, 2018, 11:59:37 pm »

Yeah, it's kinda assumed that you watched each character's individual show first.

It was a joke poking fun at what he says all the time.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #185771 on: June 26, 2018, 12:02:19 am »

Oh :P

Yeah, that should have been obvious to me.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185772 on: June 26, 2018, 12:07:02 am »

Barry Allen, fastest man alive?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185773 on: June 26, 2018, 05:30:38 am »

Haven't actually seen Ragnarok yet, but I've watched lots of it on youtube and I love the Thor/Hulk stuff, though that ending bit with the fuckoffblade and that *stab... push...thrust... KABOOSH* was cool shit.

Let us not forget the beauty that was Skurge the Executioner and Heimdall. Heimdall is always awesome. And Karl Urban is one of my favorite actors.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185774 on: June 26, 2018, 05:49:55 am »

Best Friends is playing God Hand

its the little things

I can't even tell you how stoked I am about this LP. I've played though God Hand beginning to end maybe 20+ times, it is by far my favorite game, and watching the two enjoy it brings back the nostalgic love in full force. Just too bad that Woolie is being a pansy scrub and playing the game on easy, I want to see their tears and frustration damn it!
Pages: 1 ... 12383 12384 [12385] 12386 12387 ... 13327