Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12382 12383 [12384] 12385 12386 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15891674 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] Try RIGHT NOW the unlimited power of cactus energy (Happy thread)
« Reply #185745 on: June 25, 2018, 07:45:00 am »

Sometime in the next week or so I'm probably going to help literally salt the earth around a public library.

... apparently we're not allowed to use herbicide to deal with weeds growing into the pavement, and recommended procedure is to salt it. So... yeah. Part of me finds it a bit of a shame I don't have period appropriate clothing to wear. Most of me's just trying to find an upside to doing gardening/grounds maintenance in fuck off summer weather during the suicidal idiot part of the day.
Appropriate clothing: Full Centurion Kit.
Upside to doing grounds maintenance: Dude, You're Salting Carthage, Smile You Idiot.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185746 on: June 25, 2018, 11:00:00 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:49:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185747 on: June 25, 2018, 11:28:03 am »

"By your leave, Mi'Lord Sparrow?"
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185748 on: June 25, 2018, 12:14:24 pm »

All of this is really cool and great stories but pharmacokinetics sounds like a field involving the building of cannons that shoot oversize benadryls and that's awesome.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #185749 on: June 25, 2018, 01:02:50 pm »

All of this is really cool and great stories but pharmacokinetics sounds like a field involving the building of cannons that shoot oversize benadryls and that's awesome.

Along those lines... My earliest memory is sitting on his lap in a university science lab playing frogger when I was 2 years old.  The computer I was playing on was there for the purpose of controlling this gigantic laser hanging from the ceiling.  I just found out from his speech where he talked about his career journey that he was studying the "laser-excited" behavior of some molecule.

His best friend/my godfather and the guy who officiated my wedding works at the nanotechnology lab at that same school today.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185750 on: June 25, 2018, 01:21:17 pm »

My baby took a dump on my face, on the literal meaning.

He got some of the same flu as me but thankfully his immune system is better than mine so he's fine but still got a mild diarrhea that is no gone.

I was playing with him while the wife was making lunch yesterday. I hear the characteristics sounds of a bowel movement and "was in such position that the easiest way to check it out was to put him over my head" -were his last words- and then disaster hit.

Why on the happy thread? I found it rather humorous especially considering nothing entered my mouth.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185751 on: June 25, 2018, 01:23:37 pm »

I also find such fatherly events to be amusing.

Mine learned how to climb off his changing table when my back was turned and proceeded to toddle about while simultaneously peeing and giggling.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #185752 on: June 25, 2018, 01:25:40 pm »

"By your leave, Mi'Lord Sparrow?"

"That's Captain Sparrow to you."
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185753 on: June 25, 2018, 01:31:48 pm »

"You have got to be the worst pirate I've ever heard of."
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185754 on: June 25, 2018, 02:18:09 pm »

I brought a skink I rescued from the cat in to show the missus because he was adorable, despite a puncture on his side he was goddamned if he was going to be eaten without a fight so the whole time I'm coming upstairs he's fanging the hell out of my thumb.

I tell her 'gimme your thumb' as I walk in "uh, why?" ...'so this little dude can chew on it'

..."what, no why?"
'trust me'
*nomnomnomnom*
"oh god that's adorable"
'right, he's just not going to give up!'

In other happy news, my diversion of the plane project got finished:
I'm happy because I wanted to test my feeling that I could get away with a sturdy handle that lacked an enclosed grip if I swept it back and let the grain run back into the web of my thumb properly but then it actually wound up being pretty... not as much as the little dovetail handle but hey! Gonna need to find a source for saw blades and make handles/sell them too besides looms/needles and some other stuff.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185755 on: June 25, 2018, 02:34:36 pm »

Mine learned how to climb off his changing table when my back was turned and proceeded to toddle about while simultaneously peeing and giggling.
It was fortunate that we still have running water. Most parts of the city don't have it already until new notice, rumors talks about weeks or even a couple of months. Medieval experience here we go!!!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185756 on: June 25, 2018, 02:41:27 pm »

It was fortunate that we still have running water. Most parts of the city don't have it already until new notice, rumors talks about weeks or even a couple of months. Medieval experience here we go!!!!

Oof, yeah sorry to hear that, for other reasons than the obvious cleanup difficulties.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185757 on: June 25, 2018, 03:38:46 pm »

Remember to warn pedestrians before you empty your chamber pot out the window. It's common courtesy, really.
Oh, and wear a wide-brimmed hat when you are the pedestrian.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185758 on: June 25, 2018, 04:02:06 pm »

"You have got to be the worst pirate I've ever heard of."
"But you've heard of me.  And someday some nerd will be able to quote not only me, but you."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185759 on: June 25, 2018, 04:28:29 pm »

I brought a skink I rescued from the cat in to show the missus because he was adorable, despite a puncture on his side he was goddamned if he was going to be eaten without a fight so the whole time I'm coming upstairs he's fanging the hell out of my thumb.

I tell her 'gimme your thumb' as I walk in "uh, why?" ...'so this little dude can chew on it'

..."what, no why?"
'trust me'
*nomnomnomnom*
"oh god that's adorable"
'right, he's just not going to give up!'

That's what made me buy my (sadly deceased) ackie monitor a while back. I was handling a few different reptiles in the shop looking to buy one and this three inch little ackie ran from my left hand over my shoulders down onto my right hand and then started biting my palm. I found him so charming I settled on him right then.

Was less charming when he was a foot long and could draw blood mind you, but I still loved the chubby sloucher and tried to hand feed him whenever I could even though it earned me a few bites.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 12382 12383 [12384] 12385 12386 ... 13327