Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12381 12382 [12383] 12384 12385 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15891989 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tho] Try RIGHT NOW the unlimited power of cactus energy (Happy thread)
« Reply #185730 on: June 24, 2018, 05:10:30 am »

Um, I think you mean anniversary, not date? Otherwise I don't know WHAT'S going on there.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185731 on: June 24, 2018, 06:23:39 am »

Um, I think you mean anniversary, not date? Otherwise I don't know WHAT'S going on there.
Maybe Hans is not a Panda but a Kangaroo?

I'm happy because now it seems the worst with this stomach flu is behind. For real this time.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185732 on: June 24, 2018, 06:32:33 am »

Reminder: if I had been around when romans were encountering folks like vikings and germanic tribes they would not be barbarians if the "bar bar bar" story is accurate.

They would be.... BORKBORKIANS!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185733 on: June 24, 2018, 06:50:26 am »

Reminder: if I had been around when romans were encountering folks like vikings and germanic tribes they would not be barbarians if the "bar bar bar" story is accurate.

They would be.... BORKBORKIANS!
It wasn't the Romans, it were the Greeks who called all peoples that weren't Greek 'barbaros' = 'someone who says bar bar'
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CE%B2%CE%AC%CF%81%CE%B2%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%82
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185734 on: June 24, 2018, 08:02:54 am »

Close enough to the intended meaning.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185735 on: June 24, 2018, 08:08:15 am »

Maybe Hans prophesized his son's birth? My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize of this day? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185736 on: June 24, 2018, 08:29:51 am »

Guys, Cinder is possessed by an unknowable eldritch evil of abyssal destruction again.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185737 on: June 24, 2018, 08:49:36 am »

I'll get the Great One Forceps.
One wheel short of a wagon

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185738 on: June 24, 2018, 01:00:48 pm »

*sigh* This is what happens when I decide to check in.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185739 on: June 24, 2018, 01:08:00 pm »

*sigh* This is what happens when I decide to check in.

Nah, this is normal.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #185740 on: June 24, 2018, 02:16:24 pm »

*waves to MZ*

Glad things are going well in MZ-land.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #185741 on: June 24, 2018, 05:30:56 pm »

Went to my dad's retirement party today.  He's been with Eli Lilly for over 30 years, and his last day is this coming Friday.  He's done a lot of different things there.  Was a de-facto network admin in the early days of their tech infrastructure.  Programmed simulations and made 3d visualizations for drug approval presentations to the FDA on early Cray supercomputers.  For the last several years, he's been leading their pharmacokinetics research teams, which is a role he took on after the last person who held it implored him to do so from her death bed.  His boss described him as having had an important role in every product they have on the market today, from labeling to dosages.  In his speech, he begged his team to continue being dedicated to good science.  Lots of people cried.

All this from a guy who grew up a river rat/farmer on the Mississippi.  Whose dad died when he was 15.  Who provided for his emotionally abusive mom in addition to his 4 kids through half his twenties after she had a stroke.  And still found time to be an impressive mechanic, gamer, outdoorsman, and read more books than probably anyone else I've ever known in my life.

Happy my dad has been able to achieve such a rewarding life and career.  The older I get and struggle with my own life, the more I'm in awe of who he is and everything he's done.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #185742 on: June 24, 2018, 10:34:27 pm »

Sometime in the next week or so I'm probably going to help literally salt the earth around a public library.

... apparently we're not allowed to use herbicide to deal with weeds growing into the pavement, and recommended procedure is to salt it. So... yeah. Part of me finds it a bit of a shame I don't have period appropriate clothing to wear. Most of me's just trying to find an upside to doing gardening/grounds maintenance in fuck off summer weather during the suicidal idiot part of the day.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:36:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185743 on: June 24, 2018, 11:01:47 pm »

rat/farmer

Had me wondering for a moment how much money there was in rat farming, until I parsed the sentence differently.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185744 on: June 25, 2018, 02:25:23 am »

Sometime in the next week or so I'm probably going to help literally salt the earth around a public library.

... apparently we're not allowed to use herbicide to deal with weeds growing into the pavement, and recommended procedure is to salt it. So... yeah. Part of me finds it a bit of a shame I don't have period appropriate clothing to wear. Most of me's just trying to find an upside to doing gardening/grounds maintenance in fuck off summer weather during the suicidal idiot part of the day.
Have they considered hiring a bunch of League of Legends players to sit out there and play a match?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 12381 12382 [12383] 12384 12385 ... 13327