Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12377 12378 [12379] 12380 12381 ... 13327

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15898639 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [WAO] ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER (Happy thread)
« Reply #185670 on: June 21, 2018, 03:45:24 am »

Same reasons they drink, I should imagine.

Basically this.

Considering that alcohol is a drug that kills 3,500,000 people a year which is almost entirely due to its social acceptability as exemplified by it being treated as somehow qualitatively different from "drugs" in this thread, yeah.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #185671 on: June 21, 2018, 05:42:38 am »

If dogs had standards, they'd starve to death rather than eat the processed garbage we feed them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #185672 on: June 21, 2018, 07:57:47 am »

Why do people feel the need to do drugs....

This question and I were made for each other.

As far as I can tell, almost every drug user I've met is self-medicating. Including me. Some drink booze, to get loose and have fun for once. Some pass grass to chill and relax. Others have deeper problems. Methheads don't want to dissociate. They want to be alive. Heroin users just want to fade out, feel good, and forget the world. Benzo and barbiturate abusers want to feel some euphoria and pass right the fuck out. Non heroin opiate addicts wanna feel nearly faded out of life but not quite gone like the heroin addicts. And then there's people like me that simply want to not be sober, ever. Any and every drug is fair game to us.

I suppose it all boils down to coping mechanisms and psychology and mental disorder and shit. Slow suicide is a big part of it, for me. Many users want to die but not like immediately.

Anyways, this is all pseudoscientific conjecture by a washed up user so grain of salt.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185673 on: June 21, 2018, 08:28:33 am »

Same reasons they drink, I should imagine.

Basically this.

It's not identical but it has mostly the same risks. Over-consumption paired with complex tasks and/or judgement etc. I expect MJ is less risky, since there's no culture of "smoke it until you literally pass out" like there is with alcohol.
Full admission: I haven't been high in... call it an even decade? Not due to some issue with it, I simply don't know anybody who smokes or is able to sell me some, but given a joint I'd spark it up happily and resume turning chunks of wood into piles of sawdust and chips with ever prettier things left behind:
I daresay I'm getting pretty good at this, though it's a weird sort of process:

Need to improve the design of my plane so I can spend less time sanding >>>
Have to make clean cuts with a narrow straight kerf in the sole to slot the tote inside snugly >>>
My experimental dovetail saw handle which was made from an earlier plane tote prototype is not suited for this >>>
Draw out an outline and use the coping saw to get the roughed blank cut and begin the initial rounding steps with it >>>
Start using a rasp to knock out a cleaner more comfortable to hold shape >>>
Get caught up plucking out interesting features in the grain and balancing shaping decisions with grain presentation >>>
Realize at some point I lost track of a whole night because it's almost noon >>>
Finish the shaping to my satisfaction and using the saw blade begin cutting a slot for blade and drilling out room for the spine >>>
Tweak the alignment a little and drop guide holes through the relevant  parts of the blade mounting points >>>
Select suitable nuts and bolts and such from my little collection and fit them in >>>
Final sanding (60 grit > 100 grit > 320 grit > dampen the surface > 320 grit again > 400 grit + fine file) and oil it up >>>
Actually make the first cuts on the sole of the plane which I needed the saw for in the first place!

The difference weed produces is that it makes things like spending a whole night rasping out features on a tool handle far more likely because fairly boring stuff is just a whole lot more fun when you're high.

Also the biggest issue with any smoked drug and pets is generally going to be due to their much smaller body and less opportunity in many cases to avoid second hand smoke. Direct and still hot smoke from anything is also going to be very irritating and damaging to dog noses, cat ears, cat nictating membrances, and then you can toss on individual breed/specimen effects into the mix.

I've had several cats that made a point to come hang out in your lap if you were toking up, quickly pick up a contact high and devolve into furry purring lumps of derp. No small concidence that these are also the ones most likely to take apart the catnip toy, eat the catnip, and then derpily purr into a lump of fur.

Your methods may vary but as a rule of thumb treat a cat or dog the same as you would a 2 or 3 year old toddler. As funny as it might seem to shotgun a big bong toke at them, they can't properly judge whether or not they even want to do this, much less appropriately handle the effects of said drugs, nor can your pets, smoke somewhere else or let them slip off to a clear and ventilated area first, k?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185674 on: June 21, 2018, 09:02:58 am »

... Don't get kids high ever. It's very bad for brain development. Pets are at your discretion because they're basically slaves that are loved and only have one right: cruelty is illegal.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #185675 on: June 21, 2018, 09:42:01 am »

... Don't get kids high ever. It's very bad for brain development. Pets are at your discretion because they're basically slaves that are loved and only have one right: cruelty is illegal.

When you say it like that, it sounds bad.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #185676 on: June 21, 2018, 10:06:10 am »

I've been accepted into college.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #185677 on: June 21, 2018, 10:11:22 am »

Awesome! What are you studying?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185678 on: June 21, 2018, 10:29:20 am »

I've been accepted into college.
Yay!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185679 on: June 21, 2018, 11:07:13 am »

Well, being honest does that. Don't get me wrong, I love my pets. But I also consider them a nebulous fusion of property and companion. Like, they aren't allowed to leave without permission. That's kinda slavery without the working to death thing. They do have jobs I guess. Passive jobs. Little dog is a home alarm, big one is a defense system, and my bearded dragon is aesthetically pleasing.
He's fucking with us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #185680 on: June 21, 2018, 11:40:46 am »

Awesome! What are you studying?
I'm not sure of the exact English translation, but it's information technology, closer to the side of science than engineering.

Also, I suppose 'university' is closer than 'college' to what the institution is.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #185681 on: June 21, 2018, 12:18:27 pm »

So remember when I said I recently found out I was descended to Gustav Vasa? I just found out that also means I'm related to Harald Bluetooth, which is cool. I think that also means I am entitled to ownership of the technology that bears his name, right?

It also means I am descended from his son Sven Two-Beard, which quite frankly is a much cooler nickname.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185682 on: June 21, 2018, 01:03:10 pm »

I always thought he was Svein Forkbeard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #185683 on: June 21, 2018, 01:45:11 pm »

My sister (barely) passed the test that I had been helping her try and prepare for. That means she's out of highschool at long last, she will be going to college after all these years of worrying about that, and she can kiss that awful place goodbye. I'm so proud of her.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185684 on: June 21, 2018, 03:05:19 pm »

So remember when I said I recently found out I was descended to Gustav Vasa? I just found out that also means I'm related to Harald Bluetooth, which is cool. I think that also means I am entitled to ownership of the technology that bears his name, right?

It also means I am descended from his son Sven Two-Beard, which quite frankly is a much cooler nickname.
One morning I was feeling goofy and I put on this kinda palooka sorta mobster type-a accent and says to the lady beside me "ey ow ya doin, they call me Max Twonames on account-a I just got the two fuckin' names" and it rapidly descended into a wheezing crying gigglefit from there.

Well, being honest does that. Don't get me wrong, I love my pets. But I also consider them a nebulous fusion of property and companion. Like, they aren't allowed to leave without permission. That's kinda slavery without the working to death thing. They do have jobs I guess. Passive jobs. Little dog is a home alarm, big one is a defense system, and my bearded dragon is aesthetically pleasing.
So, thinking about that, your dragon could serve the role of unsavory-insect-removal handily.

I myself keep tabs on our population of spitting spiders because they roam around at night and fucking brutalize the brown recluse population. Every so often I'll see one folded up in the corner of the room just staring at us like a creep so they're all affectionately known as "lil' creepy" now... especially the one that hangs out above the shower... but I mean, I'm not gonna STOP these leggy harmless gals from saving  me the trouble of smushing recluses, plus gnats and mosquitoes and whatnot.

But yeah, I do like to scoop them up and check them out now and then, like onewould with a pet, I worry if they aren't eating enough, and they kinda  can come and go but they're limited by stuff like the house they're stuck in, and they're definitely performing a useful task... are they creepy little slave spiders now?
Pages: 1 ... 12377 12378 [12379] 12380 12381 ... 13327