Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12337 12338 [12339] 12340 12341 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15889684 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #185070 on: April 11, 2018, 01:18:07 am »

Have warm bed, with cat and dog, off work for a couple days. Now i can sleep and get things done.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #185071 on: April 11, 2018, 09:02:53 am »

Think I saw Cute Girl checking me out at the gym today. Emphasis on "I think". It's a nice thought though. Feels good.

Started a new job which has to do more with my area of expertise (IT, the computers, not the Stephen King monster). This new job doesn't involve sells, while the last job I had was about selling stuff, so it had the potential of high income, but in reality I would need huge sales to do it. Also last job was as it is, no contract, benefits or anything.

Now I have a potentially lower (but in practice is actually higher) but steadier income. This helped stabilize things a bit, but money is still not enough, two weeks of work are hardly enough for food. We are eating mostly vegetables and few proteins that I have to force my wife to eat more than me so she can breastfeed better, but we are eating regularly!
Good to hear things are getting better for you!
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185072 on: April 11, 2018, 01:54:30 pm »

I watched a movie today, "The Shack", a religious tale of a man losing his daughter, and then getting to literally meet God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost personified as people and they heal his woe and pain. Despite my own atheism, it's a really emotionally powerful tale! I even watched to the end of the credits, where I got to witness the funniest joke of all:

"The characters depicted in this movie are fictitious..."

AAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU DON'T FUCKIN' SAY MOVIE! HA! With the Christian insistence that God and Jesus are real, MAYBE JUST MAYBE you should have amended that last part! Checkmate Christianity! I instantly buckled over in laughter seeing that! That just made my day.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185073 on: April 11, 2018, 02:07:25 pm »

I'll be honest, that made me laugh.

A lot of those Christian movies are um... thin? They are woven solely from cliches is what I am saying. But, alot of them are actually powerful movies that either offer logical discourse or have messages that mean something to a person not of a religious persuasion. It's nice to watch the latter, I generally fall asleep during the former.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185074 on: April 11, 2018, 02:12:46 pm »

I would say it was the latter, though the book (which I read beforehand) provided the better discourse, while the movie just barely has enough time to hit all the most emotionally resonant scenes will having to forego all the smaller scenes that are important for the wider overall picture that paints what the movie tries to say but kinda fails at due to that restraint. Same as all adaptations I guess.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185075 on: April 11, 2018, 02:15:57 pm »

Yeah, that's... pretty much all book to movie adaptations.

I might check that movie out now though, thanks.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185076 on: April 11, 2018, 04:11:09 pm »

I've never really understood the major hate for Christianity, the most common argument I hear is "Crusades" followed by the much better argument of "Many Christians have done bad things for their religion". Both of which I counter with "just because people have done bad things in the name of something they are apart of, doesn't make that thing bad". 

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #185077 on: April 11, 2018, 04:17:55 pm »

I wouldn't say I hate Christianity. More of a background dislike based on the pretentious actions of those who believe they are - to use a suitable phrase - God's gift to the world.

I imagine there are those who could find it in their hearts to hate the religion for its laws, though. Some such would be homosexuals. Those who don't get married. Women who want abortions (not that I support that either, though not for religious reasons). Perhaps those who found their local religion uprooted and replaced by Christianity during colonial rule. Muslims who disagree with its narrative and veneration of Jesus. Jews for the same reason, as well as the "Christ killer" stigma which they often carry and persecution conducted by Christians.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185078 on: April 11, 2018, 04:21:57 pm »

In my circles and opinion, most of the dislike seems to come from social policies, such as pertaining to LGBT and abortion. I also don't like the push back some commentators give against separation of Church and State cases.

Important note: me and my circle don't dislike Christianity, and generally regard it as fine. It's individual groups we don't like.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:23:37 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185079 on: April 11, 2018, 05:17:12 pm »

Jews for the same reason, as well as the "Christ killer" stigma which they often carry and persecution conducted by Christians.

I guess we are getting away from the happy topic, but I can say that this the notion that there is fault to be had and that Jews are "at fault" for the death of Christ is an overblown minority viewpoint. It can only be caused by flagrant, deliberate ignorance of Christianity and the things it teaches.

To get back on topic, I successfully made a really good potato salad from scratch using no cooking implements other than the office microwave.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185080 on: April 11, 2018, 05:30:37 pm »

Well, technically the Jews did kill Jesus. Jews and Romans.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #185081 on: April 11, 2018, 05:39:02 pm »

Well to be fair, if you want to get into the morals of inaction, God killed Jesus, and thus committed suicide and isn't allowed into Heaven.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185082 on: April 11, 2018, 05:40:43 pm »

I understand why you would hate GROUPS of Christians, but hating the religion for people in it doing things that the main source for the religion A. Doesn't say to do and B. In some cases, says NOT to do really confuses me

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #185083 on: April 11, 2018, 05:51:54 pm »

SPYRO
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185084 on: April 11, 2018, 05:59:56 pm »

Whilst in the current conversation that is fairly random, I have to admit that it is a powerful happy.

In other words: you derailed the derail onto the rails.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12337 12338 [12339] 12340 12341 ... 13326