Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12321 12322 [12323] 12324 12325 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15889306 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #184830 on: March 08, 2018, 09:51:11 am »

You mean after depression you feel inexplicably happy? Ecstatic?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184831 on: March 08, 2018, 09:55:46 am »

I don't think depression works that way....

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184832 on: March 08, 2018, 09:59:16 am »

Oh but depressions coming from bipolar can sure work like that. Well, they shouldn't go straigh to manic, there's still hypomania before mania.
Hanslanda, if you feel you are going to full manic, please see your doctor. Full mania has the same nasty side effect as psychosis that it can cause permanent brain damage if not treated.
Much as I am abhorred by most psychomedication, the alternative of a full mania is worse than the side effects of, I dunno, Zyprexa (olanzapine)? Just stay away from Abilify, that is some real horrible stuff. If your doc suggests Abilify, ask for an alternative.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 10:08:20 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #184833 on: March 08, 2018, 10:04:21 am »

It's an AT-ST for Zoo Tycoon

You totally got those graphics from Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184834 on: March 08, 2018, 10:22:07 am »

Oh but depressions coming from bipolar can sure work like that. Well, they shouldn't go straigh to manic, there's still hypomania before mania.
Hanslanda, if you feel you are going to full manic, please see your doctor. Full mania has the same nasty side effect as psychosis that it can cause permanent brain damage if not treated.
Much as I am abhorred by most psychomedication, the alternative of a full mania is worse than the side effects of, I dunno, Zyprexa (olanzapine)? Just stay away from Abilify, that is some real horrible stuff. If your doc suggests Abilify, ask for an alternative.

Not sure if hanslanda is a diagnosed or undiagnosed bipolar, but yeah, if your mood swings are uncontrolled like that, you should see your doctor.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184835 on: March 08, 2018, 10:54:12 am »

Also, the very most important thing you can do to help you recover from your depression, and combat hypomania, that does not involve doctors, is to go to bed in time, and make sure to get 8 hours a day of REGULAR sleep. Nighttime sleep. Sleep when it's dark outside.
Really, it is important.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #184836 on: March 08, 2018, 11:23:55 am »

It's an AT-ST for Zoo Tycoon

You totally got those graphics from Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds  :P

Yep. I'll probably do it again, too. NOBODY CAN STOP ME NOW!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184837 on: March 08, 2018, 11:39:07 am »

Not sure if hanslanda is a diagnosed or undiagnosed bipolar, but yeah, if your mood swings are uncontrolled like that, you should see your doctor.

Diagnosed as MDD or clinical depression, with a developing and new anxiety disorder on top of that. And I was rather depressed two days ago, for a week. And I was severely depressed before that, for a week. Maybe longer. And today I woke up energized and motivated, working harder than I have in months, focused, and much more outgoing and talkative than usual.

Having put it into words, I can see a clear mania-depression cycle, and moreover, I can recognize past times that fit that sort of cycle.

I think I might be misdiagnosed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184838 on: March 08, 2018, 11:46:33 am »

Second opinion covered by your health insurance?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184839 on: March 08, 2018, 11:47:16 am »

If you think you need a second opinion, then go for it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184840 on: March 08, 2018, 12:01:46 pm »

The problem is that I've only seen a general practitioner. I need a psychologist or psychiatrist.

Anyways. Still happy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184841 on: March 08, 2018, 12:23:38 pm »

I doubt my doctor will be happy to hear from me. I haven't been taking my meds. Never thought I'd be that kind of person. I'll take the advice and get a new appointment though.
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184842 on: March 08, 2018, 12:27:03 pm »

I doubt my doctor will be happy to hear from me. I haven't been taking my meds. Never thought I'd be that kind of person. I'll take the advice and get a new appointment though.

Maybe the bolded is the issue? Though I have no idea what meds you take or what they're supposed to be for.

Anyways, seeing a psychologist (or otherwise someone who specializes in mood disorders) seems like a more logical option than a general practicioner.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184843 on: March 08, 2018, 12:38:46 pm »

Perhaps. I'm on an antihistamine that doubles as anti anxiety iirc and Prozac. Haven't taken either in a month for relationship reasons.
He's fucking with us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184844 on: March 08, 2018, 12:42:04 pm »

'Relationship reason' as in the two drugs affecting each other or creating a bad reaction or some sort of side effect? That's definetly something you should tell your doctor about.
Pages: 1 ... 12321 12322 [12323] 12324 12325 ... 13326