Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12300 12301 [12302] 12303 12304 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15888962 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Why] You literally did this (Happy thread)
« Reply #184515 on: January 30, 2018, 02:19:44 am »

Like a lot of things, it's what your DM will let you get away with. The text does specify combatant, after all - I don't get it off allies who are grappled or otherwise inhibited.

Besides, the really disgusting thing is that as I subclassed Assassin, I get automatic advantage and thus sneak attacks on anybody who's initiative I beat.

I think I might be a bad person. I swear half these synergies were accidental, but as it is any time I crit a level appropriate enemy is going to be deleted and I'm expecting the DM to retaliate at any moment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #184516 on: January 30, 2018, 02:44:52 am »

If the writers didn't think about a rogue + assassin multiclass, I'm not sure what to say to them.  Maybe there's equally broken things you could be doing with a spellcaster?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #184517 on: January 30, 2018, 03:09:00 am »

Like a lot of things, it's what your DM will let you get away with. The text does specify combatant, after all - I don't get it off allies who are grappled or otherwise inhibited.
I assure you, the monkey on my back is ready and entirely willing to gouge out eyes as opportunity allows. It has even been given a pointy stick to aid in this endeavor. Presumably it's one of the longer armed species.

Also the lizard's totally a miniature dire horned lizard. Blood based blinding attack on tap, y'dig? Nobody expects the entirely literal lizard in your pants to squirt jets of blood from its eyeballs. Nobody.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184518 on: January 30, 2018, 03:31:41 am »

I played with someone who used their familiar to set up sneak attack (I think they took the Magic Initiate feat to get it).  Technically a familiar probably shouldn't be considered a combatant (they can't attack), but they can use other actions such as Help, which gives advantage, so it still worked.

Of course familiars also have crappy AC and 1-2 hitpoints, so it didn't work for long :p

(also, the assassinate auto-advantage thing only usually kicks in on the first round of combat, so it's not really broken, but if you're able to consistently set up surprise attacks the auto-crit maybe is).

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184519 on: January 30, 2018, 05:04:55 am »

If the writers didn't think about a rogue + assassin multiclass, I'm not sure what to say to them.  Maybe there's equally broken things you could be doing with a spellcaster?

You can make someone who is just so good at jumping that any crowd who sees them do it becomes instant fanatic followers. Same idea would work with other skills probably.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444052-The-Jumplomancer-are-you-serious

Or Pun-Pun, which is a build that follow the rules to the literal letter to allow you to get infinite stats. If you want to push a DM past breaking point, this is the build that will do it:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Pun-Pun_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:11:12 am by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184520 on: January 30, 2018, 05:09:37 am »

Never push a DM to breaking point, or you will all be triple-ducked
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184522 on: January 30, 2018, 09:04:15 am »

In 5e Assassin isn't a class, it's one of the specialities Rogues can take at level 3.

Actual multiclass combos are things like the coffeelock, a sorcerer/warlock multiclass that gets arbitrarily large numbers of low/mid level spell slots by never sleeping more than a couple of hours and constantly cycling short rest slots from warlock into sorcerer spell points. Since they don't ever take long rests they get locked out of some mechanics but also never have their recycled spell slots refreshed back to 0.

Or the Sorcadin, using the ability of a Paladin to spend spells on smiting with the more numerous and higher levels slots available of a Sorcerer to make the best burst damage in the game.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #184523 on: January 30, 2018, 10:26:31 am »

In 5e Assassin isn't a class, it's one of the specialities Rogues can take at level 3.

Actual multiclass combos are things like the coffeelock, a sorcerer/warlock multiclass that gets arbitrarily large numbers of low/mid level spell slots by never sleeping more than a couple of hours and constantly cycling short rest slots from warlock into sorcerer spell points. Since they don't ever take long rests they get locked out of some mechanics but also never have their recycled spell slots refreshed back to 0.

Or the Sorcadin, using the ability of a Paladin to spend spells on smiting with the more numerous and higher levels slots available of a Sorcerer to make the best burst damage in the game.

Don't forget the wizard/sorcerer/warlock combo that lets you deal 200+ damage with magic missiles.

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184524 on: January 30, 2018, 01:35:15 pm »

Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #184525 on: January 30, 2018, 03:06:05 pm »

Just found out personally:

Star Trek Discovery is just muuuuuhhhhhh <3

So far my only nitpick would be Klingon's make-up but on other hand it's not that way off I would make a big fuss outta it. Time for more watching!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #184526 on: January 30, 2018, 04:23:58 pm »

Finally, my head feels unclouded enough to play DF again. That flu was really something.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #184527 on: January 31, 2018, 01:28:56 am »

Pupper in my lap getting scritches, she makes the goofiest face while im scratching the side of her ear lobe, made even goofier by how goofy this poor dog looks in the first place. Shes some hybrid between two pitbull breeds.

Other dog stole half a dozen q-tips from right under my elbow while i was trying to clean some of the gunk out of her ears. Ate them all. I still suspect hes the one that ate both pairs of my glasses we found destroyed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184528 on: January 31, 2018, 02:11:48 am »

Oh man, my housemates' cat loves to steal and play with q-tips for some reason. Used ones, though - I have long had a theory that both cats and dogs are very fond of the taste of earwax, backed up by a wealth of firsthand anecdotal evidence.

...In other news, do we have a "Things that made you relieved today" thread? I could have worn that such a thing existed, but I cannot find it.
I am indeed significantly less stressed than I was yesterday! Hooray! I'm not about to disintegrate from sheer tension! Things still aren't ideal, but then, when have they ever been? :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 12300 12301 [12302] 12303 12304 ... 13326