Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12259 12260 [12261] 12262 12263 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844606 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [Ye] Welcome to the bunzone nerd! (Happy thread)
« Reply #183900 on: November 20, 2017, 08:50:21 pm »

Yes, Parsely is GUNINANRUNIN, and has an awesome name that reminds me of nice vegetables, or is a nice twist on parsing and code :D Either way, that's GUNI! :)

* Khan Boyzitbig the Owl Swoops out of the night sky screeching loudly and snatches his favoured prey, a small van, before flying off to devour it upon the nearest rooftop.

HOO HOO!
hoo hoo indeed, motherfuckers.
Reminds me of our local owl family, hopefully the same ones like that spotty white owl that perched on our storm drain a few years back. I can still hear them in the dark of night, somewhere deep in the forest behind our home. Their sounds echoing in the dead silence of the night.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #183901 on: November 20, 2017, 08:57:50 pm »

Yeah I was GUNIN! I don't post a ton lately so I didn't bother making a big announcement of the name change. I like this name a lot better than my old one.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #183902 on: November 20, 2017, 09:28:51 pm »

* Khan Boyzitbig the Owl Swoops out of the night sky screeching loudly and snatches his favoured prey, a small van, before flying off to devour it upon the nearest rooftop.

HOO HOO!
hoo hoo indeed, motherfuckers.
Reminds me of our local owl family, hopefully the same ones like that spotty white owl that perched on our storm drain a few years back. I can still hear them in the dark of night, somewhere deep in the forest behind our home. Their sounds echoing in the dead silence of the night.
We have mostly hawks and vultures here. The occasional owl or two as well. It's...not a good place to be a rabbit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183903 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:47 am »

Realised that, with my fortnightly payday and the day the month's rent is due getting ever more out-of-sync, my next rent payment is actually due on the same day I get paid next.

Looks like I won't have to get through the fortnight on $20~ due to going horribly over-budget for the past four weeks, after all! Hooray! I might go get a tofu burger to celebrate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #183904 on: November 21, 2017, 06:16:30 am »

...I really liked the GUNINANRUNIN name...

...Even if I don't think I guessed the reference right...

...Parsley is a pretty good name too though I guess...

...I'm more of a thyme kind of guy though...

...You'll always be Gunin in my heart...

...Oden's third raven...
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #183905 on: November 21, 2017, 06:56:49 am »

Y'know raven is only one letter different from ramen.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183906 on: November 21, 2017, 01:14:14 pm »

Obviously this means a new recipe is in order.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #183907 on: November 21, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »

Obviously this means a new recipe is in order.

Probably not needed. Ravens are omnivores, and would probably enjoy most current ramen recipes just fine.

:P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183908 on: November 21, 2017, 04:01:59 pm »

I finished coding a character creator in Java having very little experience in the software.

Unfortunately, I can't send it to my friends because the JAR file doesn't work. But its working.

I just need to actually add stats of some sort, but it sets a class for you semi-randomly and gives your character a title that dictates the difficulty of the game (ranging from demigod to vagrant)

The goal is to have a VERY simple strategy game built before the second year of school that plays like fire emblem.

Also, only other problem is there's no graphics, so its all done in console (which is all text), which is probably why the JAR file doesn't work. Regardless, its progress, and I plan on putting graphics to it when I get there in class
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #183909 on: November 21, 2017, 05:43:40 pm »

me, my brother and me father all just got done doing tattoos

i am officially teh Big Man

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183911 on: November 21, 2017, 06:41:06 pm »

My father-in-law got fussy with me because I "let" my wife get a tattoo :3

He's a great guy but very traditionalist. To be clear it wasn't that I allowed her to in a literal sense, more that I was on board with it and didn't discourage her. Tattoos are for bad guys, you see.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183912 on: November 21, 2017, 08:54:59 pm »

So I finally got the events editor working in Thea: The Awakening. After a ton of being confused because "New Game" always means "RESTART THE GAME (Thank you)". :))
I'm deeply reminded of when I fell in love with scenario and strategic planning; I recall it was early on (thanks older bro >~<) when I was playing Starcraft--that one mission, probably the 6th one in the Terran campaign (nope it's the 4th, I accidentally added the tutorial missions in), where you can't build a base and have to work with the only units you have (which, coincidentally, also nudged my Roleplaying, because of the imagination of what potential that could shove when you're to use everything in your capacity rather than relying on gatherable or regenerating resources).

Now I wish I could salvage my old Starcraft campaign that I made in the editor. Did it when I was...err, a decade younger maybe, give or take 2 years (so 12 years ago? ._.) :-\ Even if it may be messy, nostalgia hits hard like those Protoss scarabs.

But HOORAY that I can now write text editing "campaigns" or events, even if I'm bound by the main game parameters. \o/

Also in other happies, I'm very happy about Bay12 and thankful for all the friends and nice folks I've met in the years. :'( Best impression, being my first ever forum.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:02:04 pm by Tiruin »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #183913 on: November 21, 2017, 09:05:13 pm »

Thea is an OK game.... not my kind of thing because I found the card minigame annoying as hell... but to each his own
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183914 on: November 22, 2017, 05:33:48 am »

Tattoos? Sounds like quite the bond you got there, that's really neat. My folks weren't keen when I got my ears pierced, but they were pretty glad that was the extent of my deviancy back in college.
My mom actively tries to convince me to get a tattoo :|
Pages: 1 ... 12259 12260 [12261] 12262 12263 ... 13326