Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12240 12241 [12242] 12243 12244 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755119 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [Ye] Welcome to the bunzone nerd! (Happy thread)
« Reply #183615 on: October 23, 2017, 05:26:13 am »

Here's a tip I was given by pretty much every teacher in school: instead of using Wikipedia as a source, scroll to the bottom of the page and see what Wikipedia is using as sources. You need to be critical of them, of course, but this should get you started if you're not sure where to research the subject.
Also, the library, especially a university library and other local resources, ARE YOUR BESTIEST FRIENDS :3 They have access to many things online (eg journals and otherwise) with public accounts that you can use in your free time--those do expire because they're for browsing through a lot of literature hosted, but they're what you can use best.

There are commonly sites which have 'free to access material' which is a lifesaver at times too.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #183616 on: October 23, 2017, 07:53:47 am »

May I ask what bunzone is?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183617 on: October 23, 2017, 08:21:06 am »

No.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183618 on: October 23, 2017, 08:23:12 am »

It's a location in the videogame, Overgrowth.
I believe the current title was chosen in celebration of the game's imminent release.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #183619 on: October 23, 2017, 08:54:20 am »

Been reading The Pun Also Rises recently. It's as good as it sounds. ^.^
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183620 on: October 23, 2017, 09:20:48 am »

-snip-

Not really helpful right now, but in the future it's important to keep in mind that it's most valuable to look specifically for review papers, which narrows your search terms so you stop getting shitty websites instead of scientific literature, tends to get you pretty great sources to draw a lot of information from and gives you inspiration on where to look further.

Essentially, start by looking things up on Wikipedia to make sure you've got your terms right, use keywords to find related review papers and then you've got a good trail established and the information's gonna start rolling in quickly from there.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #183621 on: October 23, 2017, 10:02:26 am »

BUN-ZAIIIII
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #183622 on: October 23, 2017, 11:46:15 am »

Eyes on the buns, hun
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183623 on: October 23, 2017, 12:38:42 pm »

Obviously the only proper place for anime is the happy thread. ;P
And the anime thread I guess.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183624 on: October 23, 2017, 05:25:28 pm »

Got a working rom of Fire Emblem - Genealogy of the Holy War and I read, mechanically, it set a lot of series staples, like child characters, the Oifey caste (pre-promoted unit that is always usable), and the badge system used in Path of Radiance, Awakening and Fates.

I'm excited. Playing Echoes really showed me that when Fire Emblem tries to do something different, it is drastically different but still very well executed and still keeps the core mechanics of the game there (although series fans may feel that its too different). It's like the difference between Zelda and Zelda II, if Zelda II when ignoring the unforgiving nature of the game. It was still the game at the core, but the execution was done so very differently but it still felt like its the same game (its a shame that Zelda II was so unforgiving. Its mechanics are really awesome).
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183625 on: October 23, 2017, 08:36:33 pm »

One year ago nearly to the day, I lost an amazing but life-dominating job of ~7 years.  This past year has been all sorts of uncomfortable, but I'm still here.  Not just alive, but making my way.  Tomorrow morning I'm closing a deal on property in my hometown.  I'm going back, fully on my own terms.

It involved periods of drunken anxiety, especially towards the end, but those provided recovery from a lot of focused effort.  I couldn't have done it without everyone I bothered.  Thank you, all. 

And once I'm back, I'll have much healthier ways to recover.  Friends, racquetball, Ingress/PokemonGO...  Even family, heh, if you count spite.  I do :P
...And also I guess they can be supportive.  Sometimes.  If you navigate the conversations juuuuuuuust right.

I guess this happy is part spite, but mostly from not running anymore.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183626 on: October 23, 2017, 09:08:52 pm »

Happy for you, dude!
There's absolutely no reason to view reforming to your hometown as a negative thing - and you've got your own place, so even better. That's a pretty big deal, wherever it is. Thanks for the various Bay12 chats, as well as the entertaining drunk posts. :))

Enjoy the new chapter, or whatever you wanna call it!
Booze is Life for Yoink

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #183627 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:07 pm »

Signed closing documents on the house this morning.  All furniture is moved in.  All else is boxes, unloading, and cleaning.  And taking the previous tenants stinky, falling apart old fridge, freezer, washer, and dryer to the dump in the moming.  Hoping by next week life will feel a lot calmer.  Goddamn what a year it's been.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183628 on: October 24, 2017, 02:31:43 am »

My favourite band, Bell witch, are releasing their new album. 'Tis a continuous, 83-minute passage of music that I have not yet had the chance to listen to, but which I have no doubt will be every bit as beautiful, heart-wrenching and thoughtful as their previous work.
Finally listening to this now, and oh my gods it is wonderful.
I didn't know if they could do it, but I think they've managed to live up to the life-changing brilliance of their last album. Sitting here in the gloom with curtains drawn and tears in my eyes. :'D   
Booze is Life for Yoink

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183629 on: October 24, 2017, 09:54:42 am »

I got accepted to graduate school. I may have literally jumped for joy.
Pages: 1 ... 12240 12241 [12242] 12243 12244 ... 13325