Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12193 12194 [12195] 12196 12197 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796511 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [spbaget] The invisible spaghetti and the potatopoi (Happy thread)
« Reply #182910 on: August 29, 2017, 04:49:48 am »

I'm becoming a marine next year, as conscription is a thing here in Finland. That means I can use the gorilla warfare copypasta and mean it, right?
Only nicely :I Because all I remember of IcyTea is him being a nice Finland person :P

Registered and finished the Loooooong registration and confirmation requirements for professionalships :D The only barrier now is passing the board exams (for psychometricians). Woo \o/

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182911 on: August 29, 2017, 09:02:51 am »

I would say, "Oh no! Not the army!" but then I realised that Finland's idea of warfare is repeatedly shouting "you are Finnished!" at their enemies.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #182912 on: August 29, 2017, 09:08:02 am »

I would say, "Oh no! Not the army!" but then I realised that Finland's idea of warfare is repeatedly shouting "you are Finnished!" at their enemies.

The Winter War disagrees with your assessment. As does Simo Hayha.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182913 on: August 29, 2017, 11:09:10 am »

It should be noted that unlike the American and British marine corps, the Finnish marines do most of their service in the aquavit waters.
Love, scriver~

Megawott06

• Bay Watcher
  • A dorfy Dewott.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182914 on: August 30, 2017, 01:38:42 pm »

Current happy: I'm eating nachos and watching chuggaaconroys Let's Play of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #182915 on: August 30, 2017, 01:39:58 pm »

Got one more appointment with my counselor at least. It might be the last if insurance doesnt pay it but its already been over a month since ive apoken to anybody
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182916 on: August 30, 2017, 05:00:12 pm »

Purchased Supreme Ruler 2020, started game as US, decided to zoom in on Long Island, and discovered that the town nearest me* is actually represented on the map. I could put a nuclear launch platform in my backyard.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182917 on: August 30, 2017, 05:03:45 pm »

Well, clearly you must do exactly that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #182918 on: August 30, 2017, 06:42:59 pm »

Purchased Supreme Ruler 2020, started game as US, decided to zoom in on Long Island, and discovered that the town nearest me* is actually represented on the map. I could put a nuclear launch platform in my backyard.

I actually ended up with copies of Surpreme ruler ultimate and great war because of an accident my therapast (More a close friend who talks with me about serious stuff at this point) made. I wonder if I should give them a try sometime...

And uh, heh. I can't post a more recent happy because rules so uh. Hey Dark souls 2: Scholar of the first sin is pretty great. ... i ended up playing it all day yesterday and just took breaks to eat. ... Accidentally. It's been a long time since a game had me doing that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: [wao] An uncorrectable meme threatens the squids. (Happy thread)
« Reply #182919 on: August 30, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »

Congrats on your happies of the rules-violating sort whatever they may be! ;)
Also congrats on the other happy. Good all around.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #182920 on: August 30, 2017, 09:58:11 pm »

ha ha you said "testing"
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #182921 on: August 31, 2017, 02:13:05 am »

And uh, heh. I can't post a more recent happy because rules so uh.
you can't into an entire squid
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182922 on: August 31, 2017, 10:21:54 am »

I've got three neat-o little desktop towers, a router with dd-wrt on it, and a laptop that's gonna have Kali linux on it. In what may be described as educational hacksturbation, I'm just about ready to set about pwning myself so I can learn the ins and outs of exploits and penetration testing.

Even more exciting, I had a phone call today with the manager of the pentesting team at work with regards to an application security position posted not long ago, and we rather quickly ended up discussing pentesting as a career avenue instead. I'm now scheduled to meet with the team next week, and said manager is going to go up the chain to see how I can get transferred onto the team.

I literally inquired offhandedly about the appsec job to my boss thinking that it'd maybe be another pivoting point to getting to the practical applications of information security, and now I'm quite possibly stepping straight into the thick of it. Christ, I feel dumb for panicking the other week about where I'll be and where I want to go and leaving the country and all that, the dismay kind of vanishes when you've got a direction towards a thing you want to be doing.
That's really cool!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182923 on: August 31, 2017, 10:33:26 am »

Aw, I'm going to miss noodles and potatoes.  But it's important to move forward, especially for squidfriends.  Or "rubbery men" in Fallen London, heh.

Which I guess is my happy:  I have Sunless Skies literally here, at last, and I haven't opened it yet.  The anticipation is delicious, and I never want it to end.  I have an ideal form of Sunless Skies in my mind, and literally my dreams, and I don't want to ruin that with mere reality.  Especially initial early access.

But another reason this is happy:  I did something similar with Undertale, for over a year.  And it actually exceeded my expectations.  I got my anticipation cake and then enjoyed eating it too.
Sunless Seas wasn't *that* good, it just resonated with me.  Diehard fan of Star Control 2.  We'll see if Sunless Skies works too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #182924 on: August 31, 2017, 01:10:43 pm »

Kmarts still closing so i went and bought some more stuff for my father and some toys for me. I got a cheap archery set and a tiny quadcopter drone. Too small to host a camera or anything, which is sad, but good practice i guess. Didnt have time to set it up, maybe i can do that next week.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 12193 12194 [12195] 12196 12197 ... 13325