Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12187 12188 [12189] 12190 12191 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799271 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [spbaget] The invisible spaghetti and the potatopoi (Happy thread)
« Reply #182820 on: August 21, 2017, 09:15:11 pm »

The real risk, as I understand it, is mostly after. Your eyes dilate when the darkness comes, and if you keep trying to look when the beads or diamond comes back afterwards you can take a massive dose of light, like being flashbanged. It does not help that while it hurts to look at bright light, it's not your actual retina hurting because it has no pain receptors and so can be damaged without noticing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182821 on: August 21, 2017, 09:56:48 pm »

It more has to deal with the cooking of your rods and cones. We only had 5% of the sun left at the highest point here but it was hardly darker than regular day. So there's a lot of high-energy radiation bouncing into a dilated pupil to roast your vision.

And by that I basically mean you'll have a permanent after-image of the sun in your vision

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182822 on: August 21, 2017, 09:59:42 pm »

On the upside:  sear powers!
You can't see, but you can predict exactly when a steak is done.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #182823 on: August 21, 2017, 10:12:57 pm »

Traveled a very long way and saw the total eclipse! Throughout the past week been a lot of pretty places (mostly in Oregon and Washington), dropped in on friends and family (and even forumites!).

On the downside, been on the road for over a week now. And while we got up early and drove to our site from grandfolk's house in just about an hour, it took us 10 hours to drive back. We'd hoped to avoid that by heading to Idaho instead of Oregon for the actual eclipse, but seems the event was just too big.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #182824 on: August 22, 2017, 12:00:58 am »

Didnt get to see much since i was too far north, but things got a bit darker. We got 90% of totality, i think it was. Sun resembled a narrow crescent moon. Of course, couldtnt watch all of it because i had to work.

Got no pics because grade AAA Idaho russet potato phone. Coworker tried to get some shooting through a pair of glasses they had. I had to borrow their glasses to see it properly, but phone is useless even with those.

But i got a bit of a glimpse of a refraction of it by holding a pair of sunglasses, as well as my normal glasses, in front of my eyes at the right angle that i could see the dimmer refractions but not the sun directly. Still quite bright, get yelled at by older coworker to stop looking at the sun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182825 on: August 22, 2017, 11:37:52 am »

My Stocks are up!   :D

Defenders on Netflix is amazing!  :D

I've got a new gaming computer coming.   :D

Hangover headache/tiredness finally left.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #182826 on: August 22, 2017, 11:41:25 am »

Got no pics because grade AAA Idaho russet potato phone. Coworker tried to get some shooting through a pair of glasses they had. I had to borrow their glasses to see it properly, but phone is useless even with those.

I have a relatively good phone and this was the best I could manage:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phone cameras just aren't made for this kinda thing :c
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #182827 on: August 22, 2017, 01:37:13 pm »

My cakeday coincides with hueg-skyrock-occulting-other-skyrock day. This is fiiiine.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #182828 on: August 22, 2017, 03:06:44 pm »

Now you too can be moon moon man

Todays my day off and im out of the house. Thats good enough for me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182829 on: August 22, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »

Being sleep deprived apparently makes me like drunk, based on my bay12 posts, but without the signs that visiting family members notice.  Regardless, I was a giddy happy for most of the last 4 days, disregarding severe grumpiness after waking up.

And now I'm a giddy happy of a different sort, having done my duty (with pleasure!) and desperate for a spot of oblivion.
Don't judge...  I'm scheduled for at least 6 hours of friend interaction tomorrow around midnight, and also villains are going to kick me out of my home in the early morning.  Sleep is for the weak~

But I'm honestly happy, because I'm only happy when there are challenges, or when I'm taking a well-deserved non-existence break.
(I don't feel drunk, but I'm aware that I VERY much am.  More, presently.)

Also it was nice to do some work on my upcoming DND character with the GM!  Collaborative storybuilding :D  ... 8D even!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182830 on: August 22, 2017, 07:42:22 pm »

villains are going to kick me out of my home in the early morning.
Wait, what? Does this mean leave temporarily, whilst maintenance/renovations or whatever occur? Or actually move out for good? ???   

Glad you've enjoyed your sleep deprivation-fuelled family time, either way. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182831 on: August 22, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »

Oof sorry, it's only a bit of work.  I whined about it in the WTF thread.  It's really not so bad, I've been here a long time and mostly been left alone.

I just really like my privacy, that's all.
It also somewhat triggers my angst over leaving soon probably...  Which is probably a good thing, probably, I think, nnrgh

But they are literally going to make me vacate the premises for about 6 hours.  They said within 48 hours, 96 hours ago, but at least now I know it's definitely happening tomorrow morning.
Also good that I was distracted by family visit and eclipse and FUCKING TOTALITY OMG, how can I EVEN CARE about my silly ANXIETIES
She/they

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #182832 on: August 23, 2017, 12:12:54 am »

I somehow managed to find this thread, after looking at it… I still don't understand what it is I think something to do with scheduling?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182833 on: August 23, 2017, 12:39:26 am »

Is happy thread. Be happy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #182834 on: August 23, 2017, 02:11:53 am »

The original title was "Things that made you HAPPY today thread", but nowadays we just call it the Happy Thread where we post happy things.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 12187 12188 [12189] 12190 12191 ... 13325