Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12168 12169 [12170] 12171 12172 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15807046 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182535 on: August 04, 2017, 06:40:59 pm »

I can only scroll so fast, and there are literally years of pages, with nothing but a repetitive text box to spice things up every couple of weeks. As far as attention-grabbers go, it's not quite as good as watching grass grow but a bit better than drying paint.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #182536 on: August 04, 2017, 06:59:52 pm »

I have literally over a hundred tabs open
why
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182537 on: August 04, 2017, 07:00:27 pm »

Why are people assuming that I don't understand the oh-so-hidden meaning behind the blank calendar pages?

I gave up due to the sheer dullness of what should be a hook to lure new readers. That doesn't make me an idiot.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182538 on: August 04, 2017, 07:08:22 pm »

I have literally over a hundred tabs open
why
I could do the same with a folder of bookmarks, but this is much simpler.  They're pages I'd like to check on in the future (either because I'm busy, or because they update (4chan threads)).

And I sort them by window, too.  Fallen London goes in its own window - the game tab, then several reference tabs.  The reference tabs are usually in that "stasis" I described, but they're convenient to unfreeze at a moment's notice.

Or Tabletop (currently VtR OWoD)...  A tab for Roll20, several tabs for my character and her companions, and various reference pages for disciplines/devotions which are a pain to look up.
Not to mention all the interesting geeky stuff my friends and I look up, after the game, several hours after my bedtime.  So many wiki pages.

It's nice to wake up to them.
... Much as it's nice to wake up and see what I discovered while drunk, and left for myself.  Found some nice music that way, if embarrassingly sentimental or "pop".
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:10:20 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #182539 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:10 pm »

... only over a hundred? I think I may actually be over three hundred between opera, firefox, and opera on the tablet, right now. It's more up there than it's generally trended towards in the past, anyway.

Amusingly enough, while I think I've gotten mildly better about the tabs I have open in one browser, I'm also now generally flipping between three different ones, so the net effect...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #182540 on: August 04, 2017, 07:29:53 pm »

Why are people assuming that I don't understand the oh-so-hidden meaning behind the blank calendar pages?

I gave up due to the sheer dullness of what should be a hook to lure new readers. That doesn't make me an idiot.

the big hook is probably more "is steely dan still together"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182541 on: August 04, 2017, 08:42:54 pm »

I found it be an effective hook. Because I have the patience to wait the few seconds it takes to scroll to some new text.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #182542 on: August 04, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »

Half frustration, but youtube finally appearing to pretty much hard cut off flash (i.e. the only thing they seemed willing to use that ran worth a damn on this computer, HTML5 playback being a heaping pile of dung without the material benefits of being fertilizer) has ended up getting me to finally getting around to taking the roughly five seconds* it took to figure out how to play their shtick in an external player.

Which is the happy part. This... this is nice. Probably should have done it a long time ago. Now all I have to do is figure out how to consistently force its quality choice and I'll be in pretty good shape.

* After spending several minutes getting my player(s, now) in order, anyway. Looks a lot like I may have not updated the primary vid player I was using (some version of MPC) since around... 2012. Now I'm using a newer version of some sort of MPC, that isn't old enough to start considering pre-school. The world is a new and strange place with far better contrast sod off white UI elements
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 08:51:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182543 on: August 04, 2017, 08:49:20 pm »

What'd you use?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #182544 on: August 04, 2017, 08:52:35 pm »

Whatever branch of MPC I'm using (BE seems to be the one that's working best, of what I just dug out of the internet) lets you just stick the video URL in it and let 'er rip.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182545 on: August 04, 2017, 09:07:56 pm »

I found it be an effective hook. Because I have the patience to wait the few seconds it takes to scroll to some new text.
After the zillionth variation of "respond plz", it ceases to be new text.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182546 on: August 04, 2017, 10:10:24 pm »

with far better contrast sod off white UI elements
There's a black layout now, for what it's worth.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #182547 on: August 04, 2017, 10:32:48 pm »

Eh? Wait, for youtube? Kinda' don't really care about its UI (coloring, anyway)... usually if I'm watching anything it's fullscreen, so I don't have to deal with it terribly much. Was talking about MPC -- the version I had was using your kinda' basic windows color scheme, which is to say mostly white and grey. The one that's newer defaults to darker colors. Which is nice.

... actually reminds me I've never got around to trying to finagle the color scheme on this computer into something more soothing than the vista default. Might try doing that soonish. I swear, if I had inclination and capability towards making malware, I would have spent the last decade infesting the world with malicious code that renders about half the color spectrum unable to be rendered or somethin'. Death to bright colors, fie unto the pastel, all praise the soothing dimness.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:35:14 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182548 on: August 04, 2017, 11:02:30 pm »

Re: Football
I posted a link to it in the WTF thread a while back. Was probably a bit too subtle, but I feel like having no idea what the hell you're getting into is part of the charm. :P

I liked it.

It's the first page introduction to a significantly longer work. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but people generally don't really like it when folks go "tl;dr" and then bash something without having read most of it. That's why you're getting the negative reactions.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #182549 on: August 04, 2017, 11:20:12 pm »

Re: Football
I posted a link to it in the WTF thread a while back. Was probably a bit too subtle, but I feel like having no idea what the hell you're getting into is part of the charm. :P

I liked it.

It's the first page introduction to a significantly longer work. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but people generally don't really like it when folks go "tl;dr" and then bash something without having read most of it. That's why you're getting the negative reactions.

Because this has spawned conversation i decided to read it despite my general disdain for football. I've got no idea what it was supposed to be.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 12168 12169 [12170] 12171 12172 ... 13325